**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Battlegrounds Rewards Revealed! Solo/Alliance Events, Victory Track, Gladiator’s Circuit and More!

Comments

• UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    edited September 2022

McCloud33 said:

I think the rewards are all backwards. The majority of the rewards are for solo objective scoring or alliance scoring which heavily favors just playing (or spamming energy refills, picking your champs and quitting out) vs actually having to win.

The actual rank rewards are very minimal compared to the solo event. Please considering revising the rewards and putting the majority in for being the best player not for “playing” a million matches. You are seeing the game mode up for serious abuse from mercs and modders will will just spam as many matches as possible. At the very least just change the scoring so Instead of 200 points for a win and 1250 for a match, it’s 200 points for a match and 1250 for a win!

Keep in mind that you are advancing in Solo and Alliance events solely with the use of Elder's Marks. If you haven't already, take a read through of the new Battlegrounds page: https://playcontestofchampions.com/news/battlegrounds/
    I’m very confused now. I read through all of it and this was the direct message:

Are we not able to use energy to enter competitive play? Is it only going to unit purchases for Elder Marks then? I can’t tell if that’s worse. Then it will restrict our play (even more).
  • McCloud33 said:

I think the rewards are all backwards. The majority of the rewards are for solo objective scoring or alliance scoring which heavily favors just playing (or spamming energy refills, picking your champs and quitting out) vs actually having to win.

The actual rank rewards are very minimal compared to the solo event. Please considering revising the rewards and putting the majority in for being the best player not for “playing” a million matches. You are seeing the game mode up for serious abuse from mercs and modders will will just spam as many matches as possible. At the very least just change the scoring so Instead of 200 points for a win and 1250 for a match, it’s 200 points for a match and 1250 for a win!

Keep in mind that you are advancing in Solo and Alliance events solely with the use of Elder's Marks. If you haven't already, take a read through of the new Battlegrounds page: https://playcontestofchampions.com/news/battlegrounds/
    I’m very confused now. I read through all of it and this was the direct message:

Are we not able to use energy to enter competitive play? Is it only going to unit purchases for Elder Marks then? I can’t tell if that’s worse. Then it will restrict our play (even more).
    Energy can be used to enter both the Victory Track and Gladiator's circuit, as well as make progress in the objectives. Elder's Marks will do the same with the additional benefit of making progress in the Solo & Alliance Events.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

Honestly just sounds terrifying.

Rewards aside. How much time you expect us to play this mode on a single day, across multiple days in a row for an entire month? Player's don't have time for yet another one of these, unless you want us to be spending on every game mode to get it done quickly (which you do) and be able to get it immediately without actually having to play the game, working, farming for it for hours and hours. I was hoping this was more of a chill mode like incursions where rewards would just refresh every once in a while and were not rank dependant. Not this trash with rank focus rewards.

And were's the cap at the number of matches per day? Where's the cap of poins gained per a limited timeframe? Funny that you even say we can buy an "unlimited amount of entries for Units". What were the betas for? What was all the feedback for? Who even asked for this?

As someone else said, this is just arena all over again. Just another P2W money grabbing game mode.
    This better just be another beta in disguise, cause this is just riddiculous

I mean, let’s say that they cut every milestone in half. So there’s only half as much content. That might be a good amount for you, so you go that far. But what about someone who wants to play more? What about someone who loves the mode?

That could easily be solved with a similar system to incursions. Play as much as you want, but the rewards (at least the decent ones) are capped per week/month.

This current system is unrealistic to someone who plays the game as a whole. You either dedicate your life to this single game mode and get the mid brackets of it, or spend on it to get the top rewards, as well as spending on everything else to accomodate the time missed on the other game modes.

This is like arena heavy grind, but for an entire month and always constantly spending units.
    Isn't that the same as most other modes?
  • McCloud33 said:

Energy can be used to enter both the Victory Track and Gladiator's circuit, as well as make progress in the objectives. Elder's Marks will do the same with the additional benefit of making progress in the Solo & Alliance Events.
    So only fights using Elder’s Marks are counted towards scoring and matches using energy are not towards events? So you can theoretically tank matches using regular energy to get easier matches using Elder’s Marks to maximize your score? I feel even more confused.
    While you could do that in theory, 1250 points are just for participation and only 400 additional points go to the winner (since the winner of the match has to win two fights). So if you win 50% on average your average points per match will be at least 1450 (the average of 1250 for losing assuming you win none of the fights and 1650 for winning) and if you win 100% of your matches your average points will be 1650. I'm not sure the extra 200 points is worth burning the energy and dumping a match.
  • PemulaPemula Posts: 60
    Scottryan said:

Pemula said:

yo guys, let's spam energy to get to the number 1 rank !!!! wohoo,, auto fight, just lost intentionally, spend energy, complete the fight. and done. no skill needed at all. how much energy can u spend a day ? let's gooo

weird point system. what is this ? energy battle ground ?

how many energy refills do we think is equal to a 6* awakening gem now...cuz theres got to be some kind of conversion we can do with how the solo event works, right?
    exactly. alliance event is fine. to encourage everyone play it although it still weird. but the solo event is all about what you said.
  • DragonfeiDragonfei Posts: 260 ★★
    Scottryan said:

Shame this information had to be released on the Friday before it starts. It almost ensures that there is zero time to get feedback and be able to tune how these rewards are implemented. Sort of deflates so much of the excitement I was feeling earlier about this. There seems to be less competitive nature now which seemed to central to what this mode was designed for

We're always collecting feedback, but with this being the first season, unless something is egregious, it's unlikely to change anything until the next season starts. Keep the feedback coming, but just know that we want to try this out for at least one season.
    Quick fyi, the scoring system for the solo event is egregious

Remove the solo event, put those rewards into rank rewards (for the competitive game mode btw) and TADA, its a good game mode. You're welcome
    Unfortunately, doing something like that ends up de-incentivizing people who know they can never reach the top and beat some of the best players in the game, so they're just not going to bother. You have to keep enough people playing the game mode to ensure matches are happening. The best way to do that is to incentivize participation.

Ultimately - there's always going to be an aspect of this game for whales to excel, because that's how the lights stay on around here. I get that people don't love it, and that's understandable, but that's the reality of the game we play. Complaining about whales being able to win events like complaining whales get to open more crystals than the rest of us. That's what keeps the game going.
  • ScottryanScottryan Posts: 464 ★★★
    YoMoves said:

Scottryan said:

Shame this information had to be released on the Friday before it starts. It almost ensures that there is zero time to get feedback and be able to tune how these rewards are implemented. Sort of deflates so much of the excitement I was feeling earlier about this. There seems to be less competitive nature now which seemed to central to what this mode was designed for

We're always collecting feedback, but with this being the first season, unless something is egregious, it's unlikely to change anything until the next season starts. Keep the feedback coming, but just know that we want to try this out for at least one season.

Remove the solo event, put those rewards into rank rewards (for the competitive game mode btw) and TADA, its a good game mode. You're welcome
    Also 'Elder's Marks are stupid, reward wins, not results of a P2W currency'
    True. Get rid of them and the solo event rank rewards. Boom. Solved. We have successfully designed a better game mode than people who do it as a job
  • Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Posts: 578 ★★★
    If you got rid of the elders mark then people could just spam refills to advance, easier to just give a set amount to everyone per month with no way to get more. That emphasizes when you choose to use them you need to maximize winning those matches.

Scottryan said:

Dragonfei said:

Scottryan said:

Unfortunately, doing something like that ends up de-incentivizing people who know they can never reach the top and beat some of the best players in the game, so they're just not going to bother. You have to keep enough people playing the game mode to ensure matches are happening. The best way to do that is to incentivize participation.

Ultimately - there's always going to be an aspect of this game for whales to excel, because that's how the lights stay on around here. I get that people don't love it, and that's understandable, but that's the reality of the game we play. Complaining about whales being able to win events like complaining whales get to open more crystals than the rest of us. That's what keeps the game going.
    the objectives did exactly that. now they've scrapped it in favor of this garbage. they clearly arent doing it to incentivise playing, theyre doing it to make people spend money
    People hated the prior objectives and ignored them most of the time, despite the lucrative rewards you could pick up, and I would know. I grabbed all of them across all of the betas. They weren't proper incentive to play the game mode, and now everyone has better incentive.
  • PemulaPemula Posts: 60
    btw just re-read it.

it's not about spam energy apparently.

to enter solo event and alliance event rewards. we need elders mark. elders mark is from the store can be purchased by token and unit(unlimited)

• sleimonsleimon Posts: 34
    Arena 2.0 lol
    Dragonfei said:

Scottryan said:

Dragonfei said:

Scottryan said:

the objectives did exactly that. now they've scrapped it in favor of this garbage. they clearly arent doing it to incentivise playing, theyre doing it to make people spend money
    People hated the prior objectives and ignored them most of the time, despite the lucrative rewards you could pick up, and I would know. I grabbed all of them across all of the betas. They weren't proper incentive to play the game mode, and now everyone has better incentive.
    I mean at the very least, progressing in the prior objectives wasn't locked behind a ridiculous paywall
    Beewee said:

Dragonfei said:

Scottryan said:

Dragonfei said:

Scottryan said:

Sounds like they will still have the objectives regardless. This is just clutter. Even lower end players wont like this
    I guess we'll have to wait and see then, won't we? There's still plenty of rewards I'll be going for, even if I can't pick up a 6* awakening gem. That single reward isn't the end-all, be-all. There's plenty of other rewards to be had and I'm happy to focus on those, and I'm sure other people are too.

Just because the high tier rewards go to whales (like usual in a game like this) doesn't mean the game mode is bad or broken.