Battlegrounds Rewards Revealed! Solo/Alliance Events, Victory Track, Gladiator’s Circuit and More!

Comments

• Wildblue333Wildblue333 Member Posts: 405 ★★
    Right now Battlle Grounds is worse. I'm not likely to play in the future
  • UltragamerUltragamer Member Posts: 565 ★★★
    300% is a lot against some defenders like r3 rintrah would have little counters making it to where you can have champs like sassy and other insane health pools with regen bann the counters and your screwed just find it highly unfair
  • Standardman1989Standardman1989 Member Posts: 544 ★★★
    Hello @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit I have an idea, you should change the rating to get solo and alliance points all players will appreciate and it's a very good idea. That is to say, with energies made to ensure that there are also points of participation and Victory like that there will be no more problem, I hope you will think about it.

Your good to you
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Member Posts: 1,289 ★★★★

Battlegrounds is clearly designed with only the whales in mind. This has to be the biggest cash grab event ever put on by Kabam. Seriously don’t waste your money on this ****. The matchups are complete garbage. The bugs are worse (block and evade). The problems just continue.
    Yes, The rewards are nice. But the stress level to get even close to those aren’t worth it. Very one sided event. The vetting in the game is horrible. You could be uncollected and go against a paragon player. Clearly not gonna work out. The match ups wouldn’t be so bad if they kept it the players within their own ranking.
    Paragon v. Paragon
    Thronebreaker v Thronebreaker
    Kabam has dropped the ball again. No matter how inflated it may be.
    Get smart Kabam.

To separate matchmaking like this you'd have to also bracket off the reward tiers based on progression. Can you imagine the crying when Cavs or TBs were gated out of top tier rewards regardless of whether they had any chance of ever getting them in reality?
    I sympathize for the Cavaliers/new TB's trying to play this game mode. I'm Paragon, 4 R4's, mostly R3's in my deck. I'm putting up 52K-54K in a fight and that is barely scraping victories for me in Bronze. Should there be a system that restricts matchmaking to Paragon vs Paragon, TB vs TB, Cav vs Cav? Absolutely not, that's ridiculous and not how competitive game modes work. However, I do think Kabam dropped the ball a bit by not doing something to separate us at the beginning. A lot of competitive games have something like a Placement Phase where you performance for a small number of games is used to determine where your starting rank should be. Kabam just put everyone at the bottom and there are obviously people who don't belong there.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Member Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    K00shMaan said:

Battlegrounds is clearly designed with only the whales in mind. This has to be the biggest cash grab event ever put on by Kabam. Seriously don’t waste your money on this ****. The matchups are complete garbage. The bugs are worse (block and evade). The problems just continue.
    Yes, The rewards are nice. But the stress level to get even close to those aren’t worth it. Very one sided event. The vetting in the game is horrible. You could be uncollected and go against a paragon player. Clearly not gonna work out. The match ups wouldn’t be so bad if they kept it the players within their own ranking.
    Paragon v. Paragon
    Get smart Kabam.

To separate matchmaking like this you'd have to also bracket off the reward tiers based on progression. Can you imagine the crying when Cavs or TBs were gated out of top tier rewards regardless of whether they had any chance of ever getting them in reality?
    I sympathize for the Cavaliers/new TB's trying to play this game mode. I'm Paragon, 4 R4's, mostly R3's in my deck. I'm putting up 52K-54K in a fight and that is barely scraping victories for me in Bronze. Should there be a system that restricts matchmaking to Paragon vs Paragon, TB vs TB, Cav vs Cav? Absolutely not, that's ridiculous and not how competitive game modes work. However, I do think Kabam dropped the ball a bit by not doing something to separate us at the beginning. A lot of competitive games have something like a Placement Phase where you performance for a small number of games is used to determine where your starting rank should be. Kabam just put everyone at the bottom and there are obviously people who don't belong there.
    The initial separation is definitely something I'm on board with. I suggested the same thing in the betas before they staggered initial BG ratings. I don't think gatekeeping high skilled lower progression level players from competing for top rewards is the answer at all though.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,941 ★★★★★
    K00shMaan said:

Paragon v. Paragon
    Get smart Kabam.

IMO, the matches should be set by the current bracket and not the roster. It'll suck for the low players at first, but the end game players will soon tier themselves out. Eventually, it will all balance out and people will settle in the tiers that they belong. It might not seem fair to face rosters full of R4s and R3s in Bronze to new Paragons but on the flip side, an end gamer only facing other end gamers and at those low levels isn't fair either. Obviously, it would have made much more sense to start the different titles at different tiers, but Kabam doesn't think like that.

K00shMaan said:

Paragon v. Paragon
    Get smart Kabam.

IMO, the matches should be set by the current bracket and not the roster. It'll suck for the low players at first, but the end game players will soon tier themselves out. Eventually, it will all balance out and people will settle in the tiers that they belong. It might not seem fair to face rosters full of R4s and R3s in Bronze to new Paragons but on the flip side, an end gamer only facing other end gamers and at those low levels isn't fair either. Obviously, it would have made much more sense to start the different titles at different tiers, but Kabam doesn't think like that.
    100%. Whether it's by Tier or a Battlegrounds specific rating. That will allows be the best matchmaking criteria. Let an individual's success in the mode determine the quality of competition that they face. Although even in the last Beta, Kabam did a little bit to help by having your Progression Title start you with a different rating. I know it will all even out eventually but when you have time specific rewards (i.e. win 5 matches every 48 hours), it does encourage everyone to hop in immediately and some people will then be undoubtedly overmatched.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,941 ★★★★★
    Also, because BGs are pay-to-play it doesn't make sense to not sandbag. You only get so many free matches before HAVING to pay to continue, so it only makes sense that you'd do everything possible to ensure you win those finite number of matches.
  • CaptainAmazeOCaptainAmazeO Member Posts: 16

Paragon v. Paragon
    Get smart Kabam.

They do this already. 😂🤣
    I mean you can also generally just tell from Fight Duration but I'll admit show a Hit Count (not Hit Streak) would also make it really obvious.
  • ccrider474ccrider474 Member Posts: 661 ★★★
    K00shMaan said:

K00shMaan said:

Paragon v. Paragon
    Get smart Kabam.

100%. Whether it's by Tier or a Battlegrounds specific rating. That will allows be the best matchmaking criteria. Let an individual's success in the mode determine the quality of competition that they face. Although even in the last Beta, Kabam did a little bit to help by having your Progression Title start you with a different rating. I know it will all even out eventually but when you have time specific rewards (i.e. win 5 matches every 48 hours), it does encourage everyone to hop in immediately and some people will then be undoubtedly overmatched.
    I agree and don't because people are people and find a way to bypass stuff. Newest trend I have seen on line chats is to lower you pi so you can steam roll lower accounts. They put like 9 1 and 2 stars in there deck to hopefully get easier match ups.

Ok.. my problem stay unit for win points to alliance and solo not energy im sad about this
  • Mqc19Mqc19 Member Posts: 373 ★★★
    The whole gamemode is poorly thought out. What a waste of time and money.

Kabam disappoints yet again.
    I had a problem the first fight ok but the second I saw the time parade and I finished at 0 points the second step way to put an attacker I restart the game it arrives 10 seconds from the end it's not normal I spent 90u to disgust nothing .. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit bug or cheat Thanks to be answer on little Belgium me ;)

• SearmenisSearmenis Member Posts: 1,593 ★★★★★
    Zan0 said:

Holy **** the grind to get from diamond 1 to vibranium is toxic…. 5 wins in a row is ridiculous and there are so many people max boosting or just have absolutely insane rosters

Yup. Wish there was a way to go back to a lower level after we reached our limit. Now we can't even get the 5 simple wins required for the minimum 48-hour reward. It's pointless keep playing after that. And kinda sad honestly.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,774 ★★★★★
    Searmenis said:

Zan0 said:

Holy **** the grind to get from diamond 1 to vibranium is toxic…. 5 wins in a row is ridiculous and there are so many people max boosting or just have absolutely insane rosters

Yup. Wish there was a way to go back to a lower level after we reached our limit. Now we can't even get the 5 simple wins required for the minimum 48-hour reward. It's pointless keep playing after that. And kinda sad honestly.
    Play friendlies, wins are counting towards it, I read in a group chat.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Member Posts: 1,593 ★★★★★

Searmenis said:

Zan0 said:

Play friendlies, wins are counting towards it, I read in a group chat.
    That's not too easy for me. I m the only one who plays BG in my alliance, and I m in different timezone from a couple other friends that play. But thank you for the tip anyway!
  • TactigonTactigon Member Posts: 82
    IGN:Lapsed•Pacifist

TB with 2xr4 and 20 r3
    I avoided battlegrounds after the first few days but have played quite a bit over the last 48 hours and currently sit at silver 1

The grind to get here is a poor player experience no doubt.

Ways to improve in my view are:

1. Make the earning of little medals in each tier work on a basis of total wins - so you are less punished by getting to 2 medals then losing 3 in a row and back to square 1. Still a lot of fights to complete victory track

2. Matchmaking based on position and nothing else (like the betas) but separate each major progression title at the start so that paragons and TB start a tier or so ahead

3. Combination of 2 and 1 above make it more skill based to progress (avoiding segregated progression tracks by progression title) but also hopefully gives everyone the ability to complete the victory track in the month, as bigger roster players progress more quickly into gladiator track

4. Make alliance rewards available from spending energy. This will encourage team participation and get more of a sense of buy-in within alliances. Maybe need to rebalance rewards - replace some trophy tokens with small or large energy refills and move more trophy tokens to solo event

Solo event then becomes the reward from the effort put into victory track.

These changes might tip the balance in favour of actually bothering with the mode and making the experience less frustrating. BG should be something that arguably can be the best and most consistent reason to log in and build broad based accounts.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Member Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Tactigon said:

IGN:Lapsed•Pacifist

TB with 2xr4 and 20 r3
    I avoided battlegrounds after the first few days but have played quite a bit over the last 48 hours and currently sit at silver 1

The grind to get here is a poor player experience no doubt.

Ways to improve in my view are:

1. Make the earning of little medals in each tier work on a basis of total wins - so you are less punished by getting to 2 medals then losing 3 in a row and back to square 1. Still a lot of fights to complete victory track

2. Matchmaking based on position and nothing else (like the betas) but separate each major progression title at the start so that paragons and TB start a tier or so ahead

3. Combination of 2 and 1 above make it more skill based to progress (avoiding segregated progression tracks by progression title) but also hopefully gives everyone the ability to complete the victory track in the month, as bigger roster players progress more quickly into gladiator track

4. Make alliance rewards available from spending energy. This will encourage team participation and get more of a sense of buy-in within alliances. Maybe need to rebalance rewards - replace some trophy tokens with small or large energy refills and move more trophy tokens to solo event

Solo event then becomes the reward from the effort put into victory track.

These changes might tip the balance in favour of actually bothering with the mode and making the experience less frustrating. BG should be something that arguably can be the best and most consistent reason to log in and build broad based accounts.

So making it easier to climb the victory track makes it MORE skill based? 😂
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,098 ★★★★★
    So, what I can say is, that nobody in my alliance is interested in this new mode. There is that alliance event and almost 0 points, nobody is talking about it except “do you heard about this new mode?” “Nah thanks”

Don’t know but I suppose that didn’t work out.
    This is such a pity since many of us thought it’s the next thing