**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How much money have you spent in-game?

Comments

• psp742psp742 Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    More than I should have... I whaled out in a year and a half and more or less got lucky pulling 6* from the cavalier crystal while the 6* rng was lower.. not its slightly higher I don't seem to pull 6* much.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,010 ★★★★★
    jerees said:

Been playing since launch, and I would say around $20k+. Although my spending has been cut to around $1k a year, so I'm improving.

BRU YOU COULD BUY A CAR WITH THAT MUCH OR EVEN START A SMALL company
    Eh, that's pocket change. Go YouTube CoWhale.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,010 ★★★★★
    jerees said:

how much money have you spent in game and if so how much and do you think this makes it a pay to win game

It's only pay to win/play if you want it to be. Technically, any game that allows for micro-transactions is pay to win/play. People involved in this game, pay to get ahead but you don't need to spend a dime to do anything in this game.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    Probably too much, but meh. Here we are.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    Been playing since 5/2014. Never spent a dime. This game isn't p2w
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★
    jerees said:

Been playing since launch, and I would say around $20k+. Although my spending has been cut to around $1k a year, so I'm improving.

What if he already has a car?
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Quadrillions.
  • TheromeTherome Posts: 44
    edited September 2022
    Jajaja
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    edited September 2022
    More than I want to admit but it’s not worse than folks that spent a few bucks for coffee everyday or go out drinking every week.
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★
    zuffy said:

More than I want to admit but it’s not worse than folks that spent a few bucks for coffee everyday or go out drinking every week.

Before covid, i was doing this. Take away coffee everyday and afew hundred bucks on drinks at the end of the week. Since covid hit, it all stopped and i use the money to buy the deals every now and then.
  • Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 400 ★★★
    Seems like you just made this thread to shade people who spend money on this game. Also, $50/year is really not a lot, that's less then $5/month, or about 14 cents a day.
  • BeeweeBeewee Posts: 533 ★★★★
    Im surprised this thread is still up. This is actually an insanely rude question. The same reason you don't go up to someone in real life and ask them how much x cost or how much money they make.
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,923 ★★★★★
    $5 Cyber Weekend 2020 lol
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    edited September 2022
    jerees said:

Behavioural Finance research says everyone have "mental account" and they allocate spending differently according to their value system, that's why some people unwilling to buy a watch as smart phone is good enough to serve whilst some willing to buy a Patek for USD 200k. I don't think you can get the answer you want. That's also part of the behavioural finance. Normally players don't like to be labelled as "pay-to-win" but during 4 Jul / Cyberweekends / Christmas you see a lot of players talking about how many packages they have bought and how many new champs they got. Some questions you need to observe/feel it yourself instead of asking.
  • Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 507 ★★★
    More than my wife thinks I spend. Too much that it’s shameful for a mobile game.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 8,002 ★★★★★
    Beewee said:

Im surprised this thread is still up. This is actually an insanely rude question. The same reason you don't go up to someone in real life and ask them how much x cost or how much money they make.

Then don't answer it? 🤷
  • I've spent less on this game than I would if I spent it on other entertainment like movies, or football games. The game really isn't pay to win at all. Many youtubers have proved that with their ftp alts. Money can give you shiny new champions, but it doesn't give you skill. Only an investment of time can get you skill. So this game is actually pay time to win.
  • Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Posts: 257 ★★
    Probably an average of usd 100 per month since i started playing MCOC in December 2014.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,106 ★★★★
    Thought it would be less, but checked my play account as was interested..£126 in the period after launch.

Took an 18 month break and £610 since restarting in December 2017. So £10 a month..ish.

I used to multibox 5 wow accounts on way too expensive gaming rigs, on top of having all consoles from PS1, n64 and Xbox through to PS3, wiiu and xbox360. So spending on computer games has always been a vice. And it is a vice in my view.

Since I picked up this, I've not spent on consoles or PC games. But I'm really tempted to restart on PC in particular... World of Warhammer and skavenblight 2 look epic! Just difficult to block off the time, whereas mcoc is a great toilet break, commute, quick 5 mins gaming fix.

Still, a few kids, wife and mortgage, so I don't spend £400 a week (yes, a week) on booze, meals out, cabs and clubs, which was my rough spend for about 14 years...

And look at that, some free self therapy on the forums 😁
  • JoseOkJoseOk Posts: 278 ★★
    I started November 2019, I’m f2p and I never spend money on a game that can’t the basics right
  • GeneralNappaGeneralNappa Posts: 102
    edited September 2022
    Long term. Too much, the past 2 years, precisely $5
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Fine all jokes aside… in 7 years I would say 1000 dollars maybe 1500