**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why Gold Offers Would Have Been A Horrible Idea

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,255 ★★★★★
    007Bishop said:

Dragonfei said:

toward what the majority of the community needs.

But the majority of the community was really looking forward to the deals? So, now what?
    Many things the majority want are not for the best.
  • Options
    Masaraksh1Masaraksh1 Posts: 62
    the problem is not only that there was no offer with gold, but also that kabam and the administration of the forum scored on the players and did not even begin to answer them. And the topic had more views than almost any kabam topic, this shows how the developers treat the players, even the video of YouTubers did not help. One can now completely think that only $ is important for this company and not the opinion of the players. I’m sure many would calm down if kabam answered, and if they made a promotion with 6 * nexus kabam, they wouldn’t lose their precious money either ...

* google translate*
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,141 ★★★★★

Wozzle007 said:

Is the person who posted this part of the CCP? If this is in general how the CCP thing about the game then no wonder Kabam makes the decisions they do if they are hearing this type of feedback and running with it.

Happy to advocate the message of “make sure you manage your resources.” But this is insane to argue for an event to not be here at all because some people can’t manage there resources or can’t do a simple cost benefit analysis. Kabam needs an open forum with some non CCP players who are more in touch with reality.

I don't know if this is representative of the CCP, same way you are me posting something isn't necessarily representative of the player base.

I also think we do have an open forum with non CCP members, we're on it..
    I agree 99%, except this forum isn't exactly an open one with kabam, it's with each other and then limited discussions with kabam (via mods). That's assuming the CCP forums are ones where open discussions actually occur (having not been in them).
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Bugmat78 said:

Wozzle007 said:

Is the person who posted this part of the CCP? If this is in general how the CCP thing about the game then no wonder Kabam makes the decisions they do if they are hearing this type of feedback and running with it.

Happy to advocate the message of “make sure you manage your resources.” But this is insane to argue for an event to not be here at all because some people can’t manage there resources or can’t do a simple cost benefit analysis. Kabam needs an open forum with some non CCP players who are more in touch with reality.

I don't know if this is representative of the CCP, same way you are me posting something isn't necessarily representative of the player base.

I agree 99%, except this forum isn't exactly an open one with kabam, it's with each other and then limited discussions with kabam (via mods). That's assuming the CCP forums are ones where open discussions actually occur (having not been in them).
    Maybe so and it's a fair point, but what I meant was we have something that allows us to give feedback directly to Kabam - I don't think we need another separate one for non CCP members
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,141 ★★★★★

Bugmat78 said:

Wozzle007 said:

Maybe so and it's a fair point, but what I meant was we have something that allows us to give feedback directly to Kabam - I don't think we need another separate one for non CCP members
    I can agree with that - I dont think there can be a truly/fully open forum like that any way. Not with a business at least.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,255 ★★★★★
    007Bishop said:

007Bishop said:

Dragonfei said:

But the majority of the community was really looking forward to the deals? So, now what?
    what's best for the community is not for you to decide
    It isn't for the community to decide either.
  • Options
    GrieferMadnessGrieferMadness Posts: 109
    edited October 2022
    With all due respect, this post is absurd. Deciding how/when/where to allocate resources is a key strategic element in this game. You want to use your gold to rank and level more champs, while I might want to use my gold to rank and level fewer champs while keeping some available to use for an occasional special offer. Having that choice available is in no way inherently bad.
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 937 ★★★★★

007Bishop said:

007Bishop said:

Dragonfei said:

what's best for the community is not for you to decide
    It isn't for the community to decide either.
    There are people who have a lot better memories than me who can point to the Kabam decisions that have been changed due to community feedback.
    12.0, act 6 rewards, AOL rewards, side quest difficulty with the OG Avengers and you got an infinity stone, Cav difficulty time to complete vs rewards, Seatin’s state of the game leading the road maps, Loyalty allocation from AW wins, Battle Grounds implementation.

There are probably loads more but that’s from the top of my head. The community doesn’t get everything we want implementing and neither should we because we. But you act like what the community wants will never make the game better and everything Kabam put out is perfect because Kabam put it out. You give no acknowledgment that as a community there has been a multitude of changes made directly due to community feedback/pressure that have positively impacted the game. We’d be playing a game based on the 12.0 patch if it were up to you.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,690 Guardian
    Wozzle007 said:

The CCP has a diverse set of players advocating from a diverse set of positions. While Dragon has her opinion, RichtheMan posted a video expressing essentially the opposite opinion.

The CCP has a reputation in some circles as being either a rubber stamp on Kabam's decisions or being guided purely by self-interest. As someone that has been a party to the discussions that happen between CCP members and Kabam, I can say those characterizations are wildly untrue.

Kabam is aware of the kinds of discussions and feedback that is occurring on the forums. In fact, I don't think people post on the forums as if they were potentially being heard by the forums. They tend to post fishing for the approval of the mob. However, an argument or position does not look more convincing just because it gains the accolades of the mob. In fact, this can very strongly work against a position. If there is a difference between posting on the forums and constructing videos for Youtube and providing feedback in a closed forum, it is that the closed forum has no real mob to cheer you on. Arguments succeed or fail on their merits alone, something not true for "open" forums. This encourages people to make arguments on the merits alone.

If only people on the forums did that, who knows where their arguments might lead. Maybe, just maybe, the developers might want to hear more of what they have to say.
  • Options
    Bigfoot33Bigfoot33 Posts: 147 ★★
    Last year, I immediately regretted it once gifting came around. They offered increased gold throughout the game, then gold offer came, I snagged it up and got multiple great pulls over the next couple months. Now I had a gold problem. I wish I had that 10+ million to rank those Champs quicker. I finally got them ranked but damn.
  • Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited October 2022
    I strongly disagree Gold offers were something lot of players looked forward to kabam alongside could have given lot of gold with the unit offers so summoners with scarce gold can have an easier time unlocking various offers of gold
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,689 ★★★★★
    edited October 2022
    I have some backreading to do but the last gold offer left me wondering.

Will I ever be capable or willing to grind for a 6*, no, but I can buy them cheap from lots of minor but semi regular grinding based on the offers. (For reference, I never collected every milestone and don't even enter arena every time)

Thats why I purchased it before and why I'm disappointed it didn't come back now.

Oh, and I have 7 million more gold that I did before I spent last time, still rank up who I want, when I like and don't see the issue with me doing it again if it was available.

"Not all offers are for all players" said someone, probably more than once, but I'd like to decide if an offer is good by either purchasing it or letting it go, which I do on a regular basis according to the cost/benefit to my account.