**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6* AG trade in

2»

Comments

• Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,806 ★★★★★
    I have 21 5* awakening crystals. I will not stop hoard them and wait. 5* are not my Fokus anyway .. can’t be the only one
  • I naturally hoard those gems anyway so I’m fine either way. But it would be cool the trade-in came back
  • Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 802 ★★★

3 6* mutant awakening gems saying hi here

Even better would be if we could trade with other players.....I'd love to give ya a mystic for one of those. I understand trading champs wl never happen and I completely understand why but trading materials would be an amazing change
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,115 ★★★★★
    edited October 2022
    At this point I don't think Kabam is overly worried about creating events that really reward players for "free", you either need to spend lots of money, units or energy to get anything worthwhile, so stuff like the gold event or trade in store don't seem to fit their current direction of giving awesome stuff out based on how much we've simply played the game. A lot of time went into acquiring millions of gold and a whole lot of 4 and 5* AGs in hopes of the trade in store, and because Kabam can't monetize time easily they don't seem the care to reward us for that.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Gone and not returning:

Pool arena
    Gold offers
    AG store
    Gifting

Meanwhile the t5b price for Thronebreaker players has been updated once in 23 months, and 8.1 offered fewer t5b on paths than 7.4 did.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,259 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Gone and not returning:

Pool arena
    Gold offers
    AG store
    Gifting

Meanwhile the t5b price for Thronebreaker players has been updated once in 23 months, and 8.1 offered fewer t5b on paths than 7.4 did.

I won't miss "gifting" as that was dumb anyway. Sending items to other people with no guarantee of getting the items you want back in exchange was always stupid compared to directly buying stuff for yourself and would have scammers drooling. I get that they were going for a theme with giving to other people, but it was problematic.
  • Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
    Let’s be honest, if you look at how battlegrounds is set up if you aren’t spending you aren’t getting anything good. Gone are the days of decent free or grindable items.
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

TyEdge said:

Gone and not returning:

Pool arena
    Gold offers
    AG store
    Gifting

I won't miss "gifting" as that was dumb anyway. Sending items to other people with no guarantee of getting the items you want back in exchange was always stupid compared to directly buying stuff for yourself and would have scammers drooling. I get that they were going for a theme with giving to other people, but it was problematic.
    For the 19827483927472915 time.. it was a GIFTING EVENT, NOT A TRADE ONE
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

We posted this waaay back on August 3rd:

In the conversations I've been a part of, I've not heard anything about the awakening gem/sig stone store returning in the near future. I think it's important information for you to hear, because I've seen a few players mention they're hoarding their items waiting for it to happen. Now, on the flip side to this, if it were to return in the distant future, I don't want to hear people saying "JAX TOLD ME TO SPEND AND NOW I CAN'T TRADE IN!" I'm saying that as of now I've not seen any indication that it's on the near horizon.

I have not heard anything to the contrary, since.

So...

Got it! 😉
    edited October 2022
    DNA3000 said:

Let’s be honest, if you look at how battlegrounds is set up if you aren’t spending you aren’t getting anything good. Gone are the days of decent free or grindable items.

Actually, I have yet to spend a single unit in battlegrounds, and I've gotten a decent amount out of it. I'm now in G2, which means I've earned 14400 tokens from advancing, plus a few from objectives, plus 4250 6* shards from the solo event (100k points). Which is a decent pile of stuff. And the arena is still there with several thousand units per month up for grabs, just like it always has.

If we are being honest, there has never been a moment in time in this game where you could get more stuff for less time. But it has always been the case that people have been complaining about the good old days when things were better. I can't imagine what they were saying on launch day, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were already people saying how much better the game was back in the good old times of several hours ago.
    I’ve never seen two paragraphs side by side where I so strongly agreed with one and disagreed with the second. BGs produces a great return on investment. I think you’re crazy if you don’t do the “3 matches / win 1” objectives.

As for the second part, there’s a progression wall that HAS to be burning out summoners. In this regard, maybe 7-stars are coming at the perfect time, even if many are dubious of their introduction.

I maxed out 50 5-stars. I have 45 6-stars at r2+. Only 9 of those overlap. In other words, I’ve got 86 different champs at 5r5 or better, including 36 at 6r3+. There’s only so much utility to be harvested from the game’s roster.

I think the nihilism of “wow, I guess I’m gonna burn 4 t5b and a t5cc to make my 40th best champ 18% better” makes people miss the days where 2 basics would get you a substantial boost in a 5-star and those rankups were more meaningful.
  • Bossmode12Bossmode12 Posts: 105
    I just explored chapter 8. You’ll never guess what awakening gem i got. This is a fuc$ing joke.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    jdeck59 said:

jdeck59 said:

Kabam Jax said:

We posted this waaay back on August 3rd:

In the conversations I've been a part of, I've not heard anything about the awakening gem/sig stone store returning in the near future. I think it's important information for you to hear, because I've seen a few players mention they're hoarding their items waiting for it to happen. Now, on the flip side to this, if it were to return in the distant future, I don't want to hear people saying "JAX TOLD ME TO SPEND AND NOW I CAN'T TRADE IN!" I'm saying that as of now I've not seen any indication that it's on the near horizon.

I have not heard anything to the contrary, since.

Hey maybe an update since august isn't a bad idea
    That's literally what Jax posted. No news of it returning thus far.
    I read it as him being annoyed since he posted it wayyy back in August. My point was they could simply provide updates instead of saying here was out last one 3 months ago
    Except there's been no new developments. So they were being helpful and sharing the last reference. I know it's impossible to judge tone through text, but I never got annoyed from that.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    TyEdge said:

DNA3000 said:

Actually, I have yet to spend a single unit in battlegrounds, and I've gotten a decent amount out of it. I'm now in G2, which means I've earned 14400 tokens from advancing, plus a few from objectives, plus 4250 6* shards from the solo event (100k points). Which is a decent pile of stuff. And the arena is still there with several thousand units per month up for grabs, just like it always has.

If we are being honest, there has never been a moment in time in this game where you could get more stuff for less time. But it has always been the case that people have been complaining about the good old days when things were better. I can't imagine what they were saying on launch day, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were already people saying how much better the game was back in the good old times of several hours ago.
    I’ve never seen two paragraphs side by side where I so strongly agreed with one and disagreed with the second. BGs produces a great return on investment. I think you’re crazy if you don’t do the “3 matches / win 1” objectives.

As for the second part, there’s a progression wall that HAS to be burning out summoners. In this regard, maybe 7-stars are coming at the perfect time, even if many are dubious of their introduction.

I maxed out 50 5-stars. I have 45 6-stars at r2+. Only 9 of those overlap. In other words, I’ve got 86 different champs at 5r5 or better, including 36 at 6r3+. There’s only so much utility to be harvested from the game’s roster.

I think the nihilism of “wow, I guess I’m gonna burn 4 t5b and a t5cc to make my 40th best champ 18% better” makes people miss the days where 2 basics would get you a substantial boost in a 5-star and those rankups were more meaningful.
    And how did you hit that progression wall, exactly? By being highly restricted on the rewards you were getting?

Hitting the progression wall is *precisely* what happens when the game's reward system has ratcheted upward to the point that many players can completely saturate the current limits of the reward trees. I mean, you say you disagree with me, but then you use as evidence the exact same thing I would use to support the statement that it has never been easier to earn rewards in the game. You'd be exhibit #1.

In fact, you spike the football when you say people remember when rank ups were more meaningful. They used to be more meaningful, because they were much harder to make, and thus each one had a substantial impact. What made them impactful was their rarity, not their commonality.
    DNA3000 said:

TyEdge said:

DNA3000 said:

And how did you hit that progression wall, exactly? By being highly restricted on the rewards you were getting?

Hitting the progression wall is *precisely* what happens when the game's reward system has ratcheted upward to the point that many players can completely saturate the current limits of the reward trees. I mean, you say you disagree with me, but then you use as evidence the exact same thing I would use to support the statement that it has never been easier to earn rewards in the game. You'd be exhibit #1.

In fact, you spike the football when you say people remember when rank ups were more meaningful. They used to be more meaningful, because they were much harder to make, and thus each one had a substantial impact. What made them impactful was their rarity, not their commonality.
    Rankups weren’t rarer yet were still more meaningful. Go back to the Nov/Dec 2020 glory store update. We’ve seen one price update in t5b since then. I think management of that resource has been the one I’d criticize above all others. Rankups now are less meaningful because a cheap/free boost gives me the same result in a quest as 4 t5b, a t5cc and other resources.

I need to use 7 t5b for the rankup of a new champ to be consequential. 23 months ago, I could regularly invest two t5b and have a viable champ. The price has changed once in the time.

• Dark_hoodsDark_hoods Posts: 157 ★★
    got 3 tech gems and my best options probably imiw so im hoping it comes back
  • Dark_hoodsDark_hoods Posts: 157 ★★

got 3 tech gems and my best options probably imiw so im hoping it comes back

just pulled omega sentinel after this lol
  • Bossmode12Bossmode12 Posts: 105
    Guess what AG I got from the Odin ? @kabamjax