**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

8-Star Champs reference already in game

So with this month's PlatPool, we have the Booster Packs that are a Selector of a piece of PlatPool.

The item named “Fourth Rate Booster Pack” is a selector for a piece of 5* PlatPool.

But why call it “4th Rate” ?? (are they saying that someone smarter would have bought the Vancouver Titans eSports team instead of Wrexham A.F.C. ?)

Anyways, with the “Third Rate Booster Pack” being the selector for a 6* PlatPool piece, you can see where this is headed.

Kabam has purposely tier'd these Booster/Selector Pack names so that there is room for a “First Rate” pack to eventually be for an 8* PlatPool.

The un-mentioned, but explicitly implied, reference to 8* Champs is already here in the game.

Comments

• Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    I think I can finally see Drax after seeing this😁
  • Options
    Just some levity here.
    Don’t think it rises to the level of Tinfoil Hat stuff like if you swipe a crystal in a certain direction on the screen (or see the crystal coming into view out from a certain corner of the screen when initially loading), when opening crystals it would result in the better (higher Star) champ being pulled (yes, that was a real theory some people had a number of years back).

But, could people offer their different views as to why they think Kabam decided to name these ones “Fourth Rate” and “Third Rate” terminology, if not to imply that a “First Rate” one would be placeholder terminology referencing a future 8* PlatPool.
  • Options
    Marostrange2005Marostrange2005 Posts: 422 ★★★
    Pep Guardiola is that u overthinking again
  • Options
    BlackPhøenix448BlackPhøenix448 Posts: 22
    edited November 2022
    @Darkar123 that what's I was thinking. Great meme btw @SummonerNR you need not to fear, only fear my Blue Eyes White Dragon
  • Options
    KingAzKingAz Posts: 55
    What?
  • Options
    DjjendjeenDjjendjeen Posts: 55
    This actually makes complete sense to me, thanks for pointing it out @SummonerNR
  • Options
    Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
    If you look at the trend, assuming the game lasts 2 more years 8* will be in 2025 most likely. Kabam will say they have no intention or something like that for bringing them into them game at the moment but the same was said about gear(relics) and 7* champs.
  • Options
    spiderknight616spiderknight616 Posts: 457 ★★★
    edited November 2022

If you look at the trend, assuming the game lasts 2 more years 8* will be in 2025 most likely. Kabam will say they have no intention or something like that for bringing them into them game at the moment but the same was said about gear(relics) and 7* champs.

Nah, I'd say 7* champs will last even longer. If the same trend is followed as for 6 and 7*, the next rarity will be introduced when people start hitting one rank below the highest possible one for that rarity. 7* Champions have 6 ranks, so we'll see an 8* announcement when players have r5 7*s. So most likely at least 3 years after 7*.

That's only if the game lasts that long tho, so who knows.