Battlegrounds should't reset everyone to brone III

Farrukh_tvFarrukh_tv Member Posts: 210 ★★
With the changes Kabam doing to Batllegraund it is a lot better than the abomination they presented at the first announcement. Lots of positive changes, but still lots of things that need improvement. One in particular: I believe resetting everyone to bronze III is a mistake and I want to point out some reasons why:
*** I am talking about the victory track here, I wasn't able to have the time to reach gladiator's circuit ***

1. Seasons feel too much grindy and less of a competition,
2. Repetitive, after resetting you have to do everything all over again (same reason why players don't do arenas, AW/AQ)
3. Tiers don't mean much for the next season, they are only milestones, you lose the sense of progression, connected to point 1,2
4. If everyone is back at bronze III matchmaking is guaranteed to be unfair. Imagine you are just trying to test out this new mode, you get matched up with people who came back to bronze from Uru, match after match.

I suggest they should drop players by only a few ranks. I believe 10 victory tokens are enough. It roughly equates to one tier if you were gold you go back to silver, platinum drops to gold, and so on. this way people who don't have a lot of time to play battlegrounds still can progress in a span of few months maybe. After reset players have to win that 10 matches back. For average player that could be around 20 matches maybe even a lot more. also because its not just 10 wins but you need consecutive wins losing because of an unfair match feels extremely frustrating. losing is bad enough, you have to win extra match to compensate for that loss. If people reset according to their last season's rank, after couple of resets, tiers will feel more like tiers, bronze will have lower skilled players and getting to the rank that represents your skill level will be relatively smooth because you are less likely to get matched with people who are much stronger than you. When you hit a roadblock at some tier no worries, because next season you will not reset to bronze III you can stop playing and focus on improving your roster, so next season you can push higher.

I'm sure many people have their own vision of how battlegrounds should look like, some people love the grind, some people are more laid back (like me). I believe this mode can become something everyone can enjoy with few changes. Feel free to show me the points I missed.

Comments

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,395 ★★★★★
    Nothing they do will make everyone happy.
  • JessieSJessieS Member Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Hell no . I want those ranking awards . They are the resin I play
  • The_man001The_man001 Member Posts: 624 ★★★
    Jinx0051 said:

Absolutely not. Miss out on all of the milestones rewards? The game mode wouldn't work in the slightest then

They should give the milestone rewards when you are staring above that milestone.

Suppose Paragons should start from diamond, they can claim previous milestone rewards. Thronebreaker start from platinum and can claim all milestones below it at the start.

Every season this many matches to reach just gc feels too grindy. We already have arena for those who likes to grind.
  • Farrukh_tvFarrukh_tv Member Posts: 210 ★★
    People saying you will miss out on those rewards,

Jinx0051 said:

Absolutely not. Miss out on all of the milestones rewards? The game mode wouldn't work in the slightest then

They should give the milestone rewards when you are staring above that milestone.

Suppose Paragons should start from diamond, they can claim previous milestone rewards. Thronebreaker start from platinum and can claim all milestones below it at the start.

Every season this many matches to reach just gc feels too grindy. We already have arena for those who likes to grind.
    yeap this is what I was thinking, some other games work like that.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,937 ★★★★★
    Jinx0051 said:

People would obviously be given the rewards from the ranks they skipped.

Starting everyone at 0 is just terrible.
  • LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,230 ★★★★
    i disagree, battleground has different nodes therefor each season isn't like the last one.
    it would be easier for people to get into the grand circuit which would mean kabam would just reduce the rewards they give for them.
    people miss out on the previous milestone rewards, additionally those 48 hours special quest where you can get around 1200 tokens would be harder to get in higher ranks since your against harder opponents.

i think kabam should just implement a hidden rank system that takes your old rank position and appoints you with the same hidden rank when the season resets.
  • BazzingaaaBazzingaaa Member Posts: 357 ★★★

Jinx0051 said:

People would obviously be given the rewards from the ranks they skipped.

Starting everyone at 0 is just terrible.
    Free rewards ain't gonna happen
    edited November 2022
    Guys, AW season already work like that no? You carry over your season rank/tier to next. What would happen if every season aliences were back below stone tier?
    Here you will just drop fewer ranks instead of going to 0. And its not "free rewards" you climbed the tiers last season to earn some "relief" for next one, also you will lose tier if you dont play you are not gonna stay in same tier forever.
    For the milestones youll still have to play the equal amount because it counts the wins/completions
    Lokx said:

i disagree, battleground has different nodes therefor each season isn't like the last one.
    it would be easier for people to get into the grand circuit which would mean kabam would just reduce the rewards they give for them.
    people miss out on the previous milestone rewards, additionally those 48 hours special quest where you can get around 1200 tokens would be harder to get in higher ranks since your against harder opponents.

i think kabam should just implement a hidden rank system that takes your old rank position and appoints you with the same hidden rank when the season resets.

What's the point of hidden rank? What does it do?

Like i said it dosent effect milestones. You still need equal amount of wins to get milestone rewards in solo and alliance. And for going up a tier those rewards should be claimable.

Objectives tho they are only good when they work. If you climb a tier mid-objective they disappear anyways.