**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

'The Banquet' details

Comments

• Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    edited December 2022
    So, if I got this right, the game removed the Christmassy spirit gifting detail from the gifting event, to prevent cheaters [removed], something that was making the company lose money. The other legitimate players can still pay for the event, and they will since there s still rank reward in it, but without being Christmassy and gift these crystals.

I can't see something that s beneficial to us, legitimate players on this. Except that...no, I can't. A little help here?
    Post edited by Kabam Miike on
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Searmenis said:

So, if I got this right, the game removed the Christmassy spirit gifting detail from the gifting event, to prevent cheaters in India to exploit it, something that was making the company lose money.

The gifting system was not the issue. Is the exploits and frauds that come with byuing units. Something that isn't being changed in any way this time, despite we been told it would. We pretty much got lied on the last announcement about it
  • Options

Searmenis said:

So, if I got this right, the game removed the Christmassy spirit gifting detail from the gifting event, to prevent cheaters in India to exploit it, something that was making the company lose money.

The gifting system was not the issue. Is the exploits and frauds that come with byuing units. Something that isn't being changed in any way this time, despite we been told it would. We pretty much got lied on the last announcement about it
    To be fair, I don't see any other way (than buying units or something similar) as a mechanic for this event, to keep its "spend to get" profile.
  • Options
    FitnesscwFitnesscw Posts: 216 ★★
    Is the lunar event going to happen still? Because that's a gifting event as well
  • Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 536 ★★★
    It's a shame to delete the gifts because people will still use money to buy the crystals.. as well as nothing to change but well no problem we have nothing to say just say yes amen
  • Options
    MshahdragonMshahdragon Posts: 1
    Where is compensation?
  • Options
    BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Look forward to the videos people will post about their Banqueting Crystal openings. Curious how many people get Weapon X and how many get Jessica Jones?

I'm hoping I can get one of them at least.
  • Options

Searmenis said:

Can someone commit Fraud and buy these Crystals? Sure. It's possible. Which will then link that Fraud and said evidence to their own Account, so good luck with that..
    As it always did. Just because it's an alt account doesn't mean it won't affect the main account or any other account.
    So essentially nothing is changing this time around just because people are commiting such frauds in their own account
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★

Searmenis said:

Can someone commit Fraud and buy these Crystals? Sure. It's possible. Which will then link that Fraud and said evidence to their own Account, so good luck with that..
    As it always did. Just because it's an alt account doesn't mean it won't affect the main account or any other account.
    So essentially nothing is changing this time around just because people are commiting such frauds in their own account
    If they're committing Fraud using their own Account, they're handing Kabam the evidence they need. It's impossible to stop when people are making dummy Accounts to take the hit when they get caught, and using those to Gift.
  • Options

Searmenis said:

If they're committing Fraud using their own Account, they're handing Kabam the evidence they need. It's impossible to stop when people are making dummy Accounts to take the hit when they get caught, and using those to Gift.
    To also add on to this, these people probably have had 10+ accounts botting the arena getting units to gift their main account for the whole year. Hopefully after this year the botter numbers go down in arena since there is no benefit for their main accounts if their alt bots arena.
  • Options
    IcapgamingIcapgaming Posts: 3
    I'm new to this game and I've installed it on 30th November, so will I not be able to participate in the banquet event????
  • Options

Searmenis said:

I'll repeat. Doesn't matter if it was an alt or not, both accounts were detected and punished.
    Just because they were doing in on an alt, it wouldn't stop them from getting punished on all accounts. So nothing changes if they start doing it on their main accounts
  • Options
    BlackOracleBlackOracle Posts: 254 ★★★
    edited December 2022
    @Kabam Miike @KabamJax - You just told us yesterday about the new restrictions, now we get this in-game mail....

What gives?
  • Options

Searmenis said:

I'll repeat. Doesn't matter if it was an alt or not, both accounts were detected and punished.
    Just because they were doing in on an alt, it wouldn't stop them from getting punished on all accounts. So nothing changes if they start doing it on their main accounts
    If you read DNAs post, you'd realize that the person can just claim ignorance that the fraudulent account was fraudulent, and there would be nothing kabam could do about it. Otherwise fraudulent accounts could give free stuff to many accounts and get them all banned if kabam worked the way you think they work.
  • Options

Look forward to the videos people will post about their Banqueting Crystal openings. Curious how many people get Weapon X and how many get Jessica Jones?

I bet Jessica won't be in the crystal, but part of the rank rewards. At least the 6* version.
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike

The date in the above announcement said you had to create your account before Nov 20th 2022 (of course it also says it ends January 2022, so it ended 11 months ago)

THe in game message however says Nov 20th, 2021.

Last year, not knowing what the rules would be, I missed out by creating my account just 2 days too late.

I appreciate the sentiment of wanting accounts that aren't 3 days old getting units from Acts 1-3... but the dates need to be moved / that account now over 1 year ago should be eligible.

Which one has the typo?
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Searmenis said:

If you read DNAs post, you'd realize that the person can just claim ignorance that the fraudulent account was fraudulent, and there would be nothing kabam could do about it. Otherwise fraudulent accounts could give free stuff to many accounts and get them all banned if kabam worked the way you think they work.
    There is no ignorance claim. Kabam very much has the ability to identify all accounts that belong to the same person, or any alts that are associated with each other.
    If one gets banned via something serious such as frauds, then all accounts get punished, not just the dummy alt account.
  • Options
    BlarguardedBlarguarded Posts: 21
    @Kabam Miike @
    Kabam Jax said:

Driveby Q&A time!

@stellar What do you mean by "These units can be purchased with units" ?
    Yeeeahh... Typo, my bad, fixed it! Thanks for bringing it up.

@King363672 So being conqueror is enough to qualify for gifting event and sending gift? No need of to be lvl 40?
    Either one will qualify you for the event. Yes.

@Dude17 Do we know roughly when AW season 39 will start? Ie. will it start after the Holiday event ends?
    I see the tangential relation. It's a different conversation happening at the same time, we don't have the details just yet, but hoping to soon!

If you don't see any an answer to your question here, it's likely the community team doesn't have that information yet!

In-game mail doesn't say OR. it says, "those who are lvl 40+, have become Conqueror, AND have created their accounts prior to Nov 20th."

SO who is lying to us?
  • Options

Pikolu said:

Searmenis said:

There is no ignorance claim. Kabam very much has the ability to identify all accounts that belong to the same person, or any alts that are associated with each other.
    If one gets banned via something serious such as frauds, then all accounts get punished, not just the dummy alt account.
    Bruh, do you even tech department? Kabam can't know which accounts are created by the same person. Many people use smurf emails for these things and VPNs are so common nowadays that they couldn't even trace location or anything like that. If DNA, a game designer who knows what he is talking about says people can claim ignorance easy, then that is the reality of the situation.
  • Options
    ThomildoThomildo Posts: 446 ★★★
    DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

So what's the cap on the ammount of crystals that can be purchased?

Because this just looks like the same dumpster fire that the gifting event always was, completely going against what was stated here about scams, frauds and exploits:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/312825/update-to-holiday-event-2022-no-more-gifting

Its completely different in a fundamental way. The *gifting* part is mostly gone. And that changes everything.

According to the announcement, for the most part players will be buying crystals for themselves. To the extent that they will be able to gift, the gifts will have extremely limited value.

Why does it matter if you buy them yourself or are allowed to gift them to someone else? Because it is the gifting mechanism itself that amplifies the possibility of fraud by allowing fraudulent transactions to launder themselves.

To put it simply, if I use a fraudulent transaction of some kind to buy units, that transaction will be traced back to my account. But if I use a fraudulent transaction to buy units on another account and then gift the resources to my account, the fraud is traced to that other account, not mine. And while the gift exchange might be traced ultimately to my account, I can claim ignorance. I had no idea what that person was doing when we exchanged gifts. How was I supposed to know they were not buying legitimately?

Gifting essentially anonymizes fraudulent transactions. By essentially forcing everyone to buy their own crystals, Kabam can hold them singularly accountable for any fraud associated with those purchases. The likely relatively small amount of value associated with the materials that will be giftable - potions and such - will likely be too small to be profitable to exploit. Or at least dramatically lower the incentive to use the event for fraudulent transactions.

Selling Banquet crystals to players directly is no more exploitable than selling Odins to players directly. It was allowing accounts to gift that created the problem, because it created a disconnect between the account purchasing and the account ultimately receiving the value. To put it bluntly, the gifting mechanism allowed for literal money laundering. Removing that mechanism removes the critical component of the gifting event that made it uniquely vulnerable to scams and frauds.
    I’d like to think the real gift is the gift we give the team with our hard earned real life currency. That’s the gift that truly keeps on giving. ;)

Seriously, it’s a shame fraudsters ruined what was enjoyable for honest players. Even so, I won’t miss the unwanted lesser Gifting Crystals dropped on me by alliance members I neither know nor particularly like, all with an expectation of return. Too bad the game doesn’t offer a virtual holiday fruitcake to send back.

Dr. Zola
    Couldn’t agree more! 😂
  • Options
    AdevatiAdevati Posts: 437 ★★★

@Kabam Miike @

Kabam Jax said:

Driveby Q&A time!

@stellar What do you mean by "These units can be purchased with units" ?
    Yeeeahh... Typo, my bad, fixed it! Thanks for bringing it up.

@King363672 So being conqueror is enough to qualify for gifting event and sending gift? No need of to be lvl 40?
    Either one will qualify you for the event. Yes.

@Dude17 Do we know roughly when AW season 39 will start? Ie. will it start after the Holiday event ends?
    I see the tangential relation. It's a different conversation happening at the same time, we don't have the details just yet, but hoping to soon!

If you don't see any an answer to your question here, it's likely the community team doesn't have that information yet!

In-game mail doesn't say OR. it says, "those who are lvl 40+, have become Conqueror, AND have created their accounts prior to Nov 20th."

SO who is lying to us?
    Relax. It’s pretty obvious that last years message was used and not properly edited.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,785 ★★★★★
    Searmenis said:

I bet Jessica won't be in the crystal, but part of the rank rewards. At least the 6* version.
    Nah. They already said she's in the crystal in the actual post.
  • Options
    TheExit27TheExit27 Posts: 674 ★★★

Is Jessica Jones set to be in these crystals?

Yes
  • Options

Searmenis said:

no, both werent. Only the gifter was penalized. Now if you cheat, YOUR account is on the line.