**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

MCOC Defenders Tier List

FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,597 ★★★★
edited December 2022 in General Discussion
This is just an opinion post, please don't get mad :smiley:. Also, comment any suggestions you have!

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 8,002 ★★★★★
    edited December 2022
    I'm just gonna address that top row.
    Bishop gets clowned on by Yondu for example. Easy matchup.
    Doom just need to DoT him to death, Specials are easily evadable.
    Domino is a cakewalk with Guardian.
    Thing is hardcountered by Falcon.

Also, BPCW in God? Last I checked, people know when and when not to parry.
  • SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 898 ★★★
    Nice work mate!
    I would move Maw and Weapon X up one tier and maybe two tiers for Torch. Even with the best counters, things might still go pear shape quite quickly if there’s lag or missed parry here and there.
    I think because of EOP, a lot of people got used to hard champs like Bishop, Dragonman, Peni and Terrax but since the list is for all people, I will agree with your list. We can start there and make adjustments as the meta changes.
    @Terra - just because you can evade Doom’s specials, doesn’t mean most people can. I still struggle with his special 2 in AW. Even with proper counters, I hope at least you will agree that most people will avoid them if they have a choice.
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,597 ★★★★
    Terra said:

I'm just gonna address that top row.
    Bishop gets clowned on by Yondu for example. Easy matchup.
    Doom just need to DoT him to death, Specials are easily evadable.
    Domino is a cakewalk with Guardian.
    Thing is hardcountered by Falcon.

Also, BPCW in God? Last I checked, people know when and when not to parry.

Oops, my mistake. Put him in the wrong section :blush:
    JOC_3096 said:

Hulking and Gorr in 'a pain to deal with' when Hulkling is one the hardest defenders to actually kill and Gorr kills most unless you have the perfect counter.

Hulkling and Gorr are really painful to bypass, they're just really annoying tbh
    solopolo said:

-doom has to drop. He's never been a particularly difficult defender, only tanky

-thing has far too many counters nowadays to be this high. 4 years ago you'd be correct

-ibom is a joke vs literally any poison immune champ

-just overall a ton of the defenders in the higher tiers don't fit there. This honestly looks like a 2018 tier list. BPCW, Emma, IMIW, Hype, Mangog, Prof X are all very doable fights if you have a half decent roster. Aegon just has me scratching my head, Angela literally feeds you hp through willpower, Corvus hasn't been a difficult fight since his release month.

-moleman in average and korg in above average however has me in TEARS

-OVERSEER IN BELOW AVERAGE

Alright man, I need to get one thing straight here. This tier list is for ALL players, from all different skill levels. This isn't just for veterans of the game, this is a tier list for all players. Of course, every champ has a counter. But if you take all the counters into consideration, would there be any need for tier lists at all? Just get the correct counter! Simple! But this tier list is for fighting these champs without specific counters, and the overall difficulty they pose to an unprepared roster.
  • solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★

solopolo said:

-doom has to drop. He's never been a particularly difficult defender, only tanky

-thing has far too many counters nowadays to be this high. 4 years ago you'd be correct

-just overall a ton of the defenders in the higher tiers don't fit there. This honestly looks like a 2018 tier list. BPCW, Emma, IMIW, Hype, Mangog, Prof X are all very doable fights if you have a half decent roster. Aegon just has me scratching my head, Angela literally feeds you hp through willpower, Corvus hasn't been a difficult fight since his release month.

Alright man, I need to get one thing straight here. This tier list is for ALL players, from all different skill levels. This isn't just for veterans of the game, this is a tier list for all players. Of course, every champ has a counter. But if you take all the counters into consideration, would there be any need for tier lists at all? Just get the correct counter! Simple! But this tier list is for fighting these champs without specific counters, and the overall difficulty they pose to an unprepared roster.
    This doesn't change anything that I said though. At which skill level are overseer, moleman and korg (some of the strongest defenders period) anywhere near average? At which skill level are Angela and aegon difficult fights? At which skill level does ibom become capable of poisoning poison immunes?
    edited December 2022
    solopolo said:

solopolo said:

This doesn't change anything that I said though. At which skill level are overseer, moleman and korg (some of the strongest defenders period) anywhere near average? At which skill level are Angela and aegon difficult fights? At which skill level does ibom become capable of poisoning poison immunes?
    Overseer isn't too hard of a defender tbh. Moleman and Korg just need practice. Angela and Aegon may catch new players off guard, and they can be difficult if you make a wrong move(like if you accidentally get hit by Aegon when he has 6 furies, or when Angela has furies)
  • IamGrO_otIamGrO_ot Posts: 172 ★★

There's prob a lot I don't know about MCOC, but Angela is my mvp for almost all content.

She is virtually useless as a defender.

Claire will nullify her before she gets 3 buffs, Doom will also **** slap her into «no buffs land»…so her max sig means nothing defending against nullifiers.

Incidentally, most defenders have extremely good counters, most are also easily accessible to everyone. But some defenders are universally difficult to deal with without special counters...based on BG, and I'm in the GC, I can list the following champs from Beta up to season 3, which has given me the most success;

1. Nick Fury; Not difficult to handle, but takes time. If the parry bug appears, you're done.

2. Domino; Dex and sp2 straight in the face, heard of it before? With OS, she is easy to handle, but often gets banned.

3. Korg; My 5/65 Korg is probably the one of my defenders that has taken the most points. And I've pretty much faced Paragons all season with countless R4s.

4. Sauron; If you have Yondu, or some other tech champs that remove prowess effectively, he is no problem. If not, one quickly gets into trouble with unblockable combos and sp attacks. My 5/65 gets banned by 90 % of my opponents.

5. Peni Parker; Countless players with Herc, CGR, Knull and Hype have lost this season...I always use Mags myself, but it takes 50+ seconds before you have an sp3 ready… so one risks losing on time, even with close to 100% health left.

I also have great success this season with Moleman, Kingpin, King Groot, Mordo and Mags as defenders. They are not complicated or difficult, but my experience is that many people spend a lot of time getting them down.
  • Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 461 ★★★
    They're all easy to beat if you have the right attacker, but how often is that the case? Nine times out of 10, you're going to be fighting with the best that you have on your team. Battlegrounds even harder to prepare for.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    LOL .. this is not even close to being accurate..
  • Marostrange2005Marostrange2005 Posts: 422 ★★★
    horrible list but in what universe are aegon and angela demigod
  • GeneralMerceGeneralMerce Posts: 236 ★★
    Kitty above average??? lol
  • Marostrange2005Marostrange2005 Posts: 422 ★★★

Kitty above average??? lol

he put aegon and angela above her lol
  • GeneralMerceGeneralMerce Posts: 236 ★★
    and rintrah average... killed it bro lol
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 651 ★★★
    Hulking is just a pain to deal with. It hurts me every time I ban him.
  • 0casual00casual0 Posts: 457 ★★★
    Joe Fixit and Taskmaster is definitely not a trash defender.
    IamGrO_ot said:

There's prob a lot I don't know about MCOC, but Angela is my mvp for almost all content.

She is virtually useless as a defender.

Claire will nullify her before she gets 3 buffs, Doom will also **** slap her into «no buffs land»…so her max sig means nothing defending against nullifiers.

Incidentally, most defenders have extremely good counters, most are also easily accessible to everyone. But some defenders are universally difficult to deal with without special counters...based on BG, and I'm in the GC, I can list the following champs from Beta up to season 3, which has given me the most success;

1. Nick Fury; Not difficult to handle, but takes time. If the parry bug appears, you're done.

2. Domino; Dex and sp2 straight in the face, heard of it before? With OS, she is easy to handle, but often gets banned.

3. Korg; My 5/65 Korg is probably the one of my defenders that has taken the most points. And I've pretty much faced Paragons all season with countless R4s.

4. Sauron; If you have Yondu, or some other tech champs that remove prowess effectively, he is no problem. If not, one quickly gets into trouble with unblockable combos and sp attacks. My 5/65 gets banned by 90 % of my opponents.

5. Peni Parker; Countless players with Herc, CGR, Knull and Hype have lost this season...I always use Mags myself, but it takes 50+ seconds before you have an sp3 ready… so one risks losing on time, even with close to 100% health left.

I also have great success this season with Moleman, Kingpin, King Groot, Mordo and Mags as defenders. They are not complicated or difficult, but my experience is that many people spend a lot of time getting them down.

As I said before, this is an overall tier list, for all players, not just experienced ones. This is ranking all champions based on the difficulty they pose to an unprepared roster.

Not usually one to disagree with something that a person made however this list does seem pretty out of touch. The fact that all four in the top line have great counters and hulking isn't there is insane

Let me reiterate once again: This list is FOR ALL PLAYERS, and the difficulty they pose to an UNPREPARED roster. That means no counters, or anything like that
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,109 ★★★★

Not usually one to disagree with something that a person made however this list does seem pretty out of touch. The fact that all four in the top line have great counters and hulking isn't there is insane

Let me reiterate once again: This list is FOR ALL PLAYERS, and the difficulty they pose to an UNPREPARED roster. That means no counters, or anything like that
    An average player will clown on Angela and Aegon and get wrecked by Rintrah. And in what universe is Quake a god tier defender? This list is so wrong
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Quake is many things… she is not a god tier defender
    Quake may pose a challenge to new players
  • UltragamerUltragamer Posts: 393 ★★★
    Ain’t no way korg below Ægon