**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Conqueror did not recieve gifting badge

Comments

• Dude17Dude17 Posts: 133 ★★
    edited December 2022
    LJF said:

Thanks for making this apology. That said, admitting culpability that everyone already knew fell on you is not, on its own, a sufficient remedy. You still need to correct the issue you created. I understand that technology might limit your ability to undo this mistake, but it doesn't stop you from helping make the grind you're now requiring people do a bit easier. Send lower-level accounts energy refills and XP boosts. Give them some of their holiday back.

Saying sorry is step 1. Take step 2 by fixing the problem. This event is mostly a raving success. Don't let this screwup be the fly that ruins the soup and, by extension, the rest of dinner.

This is the way. Throw down a bunch of +75 XP boosts & Energy refills to make this right.
  • YodaKajYodaKaj Posts: 63
    They said it was a mistake from their side and you HAVE to be level 40 now in addition to being CONQUEROR, AND join before 21st Nov 2022.
  • YodaKajYodaKaj Posts: 63
    @HeraldofNone If they said one thing, they should stick to it and allow those with below level 40 to have access.
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★

That ingame message I guess was the final nail in the coffin for The Gifting Event.

What a sad way to say goodbye to the event that has kept me grinding for so many years, of which I would have walked away from the game without.

I hold out slim hope Kabam will do something like a xp boost for all, but its a fading glimmer of hope in the dark at this point.

Perhaps the ingame post will get some backlash by those waking up to it and Kabam will do something.

Fingers crossed 🤞🤞🤞

XP boost would also be just fine . 75 % XP one i mean which costs 200 units ...i ain't using my units on alt to buy that myself.
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Jax @Kabam Miike this is on you guys now. Either give gifting badge to below lvl 40 account or give the 75% XP boost to all to reach there faster . Stick to your words and don't destroy holiday season for the players who has helped ya guys to stay for 8 years.
  • FalconiFalconi Posts: 230 ★★

Interesting side note to this that isn't being discussed but probably should be since a lot of people who aren't in the predicament of having an account not at level 40 yet don't think this affects them at all. It indirectly affects every single persons placing in the solo gifting event as each and every single one of these accounts that can't participate now lowers the number of people in the % calculation for your rewards. As a whole lot of these accounts will be gifting consumables and not opening crystals they likely wouldn't be scoring extremely high either so would increase the average players % ranking.

Actually if competitive FTP players think about this they will have to atleast grind more and buy more GBC to over compensate the score these legit alt accounts will bring, so i think kabam should definitely find a middle ground for the problems they have caused, otherwise FTP paragon like me is cool with spending 4-5k units worth of items and scoring a Lil bit higher possibly and not feel threatened by alt accounts who would have grinded 5k units range. this problem is this will blow up out of proportion for sure if they don't FIX it, it's Last Gifting event anyway by kabams on admition and they also knew players have alt accounts so they kept the gifting of perishable items a thing, now with the level 40 requirements SUDDENLY becoming a "HAVE TO" factor is gonna come back and bite them in the tush. This after DeadPool gold offers take down will be final nail in the coffin for some.
  • TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 739 ★★★

Interesting side note to this that isn't being discussed but probably should be since a lot of people who aren't in the predicament of having an account not at level 40 yet don't think this affects them at all. It indirectly affects every single persons placing in the solo gifting event as each and every single one of these accounts that can't participate now lowers the number of people in the % calculation for your rewards. As a whole lot of these accounts will be gifting consumables and not opening crystals they likely wouldn't be scoring extremely high either so would increase the average players % ranking.

I get your point and think you are right. But it doesn't change the fact that Kabam made a 180 turn on this even after being specifically asked if the requirements were correct. If Kabam didn't want too many players being able to gift and score on the solo/alliance event - fair enough - it should just have been stated as an AND-requirement from the beginning.
    I know this isn't something that affects a lot of players, but its revealing to see how Kabam reacts when they've mad a clear mistake and changed something after the event went live. Had the change come just 1-2 days prior, people wouldn't be this disappointed.
  • Sharjeel34Sharjeel34 Posts: 6
    No option of gifting fix it
  • TomahCTomahC Posts: 3
    You've made a mistake but you should honour it. It stated 'or' in the original post and Jax confirmed this on December 1 replying to @King363672. The community does not believe that you cannot remedy this - you saying that you can't give out temporary gifting badges, you can't give out XP boosts. Think outside of the box.

I don't think you quite understand the implications this will cause - why should the community ever trust what you say again?
  • csexton00csexton00 Posts: 131
    So if I waste my time leveling up to 40 after being told I didn't need to be am I going to get the full calendar of accolades? I think I know the answer, but thought I'd put it out there. How about you send out a huge XP boost that last for 7 days, similar to the one you get when starting the game? At least do something to make it up to the player willing to grind out levels.
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,158 ★★★★
    Not impacted by this but feel for those impacted. People have been waiting for this and won't get another opportunity to utilise the event as its the last one.

Kabam mistake but not sure of the solution. No point giving impacted accounts 10/20/50 GBC because they likely want to gift their main accounts.

Sad news.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    So after investing hours into another account for gifting you change the gifting event so we can only gift consumables? Ok fine we need to stop the abuse. Now the day the event opens you tell us that these accounts we have been expecting to use for the last gifting event need to be both conquer and level 40. Do you guys realize how much time and energy refills need to be used to level up 9-10 levels to reach that? The units that will be wasted to reach that? Your mistake and the player base is punished. This is bad business and I really hope the players affected close their wallets to you guys. It's bad business not to honor what was promised. Your typo not our mistake. Make this right for your playerbase kabam.
  • DarthMysticDarthMystic Posts: 54
    csexton00 said:

So if I waste my time leveling up to 40 after being told I didn't need to be am I going to get the full calendar of accolades? I think I know the answer, but thought I'd put it out there. How about you send out a huge XP boost that last for 7 days, similar to the one you get when starting the game? At least do something to make it up to the player willing to grind out levels.

Posed a question sumilar to this in the main banquet thread. Hopefully they see it and find a solution for the accolade thing since everyone affected by the situation has now missed at least one day and the final reward.
  • csexton00csexton00 Posts: 131

csexton00 said:

Posed a question sumilar to this in the main banquet thread. Hopefully they see it and find a solution for the accolade thing since everyone affected by the situation has now missed at least one day and the final reward.
    Hopefully, but I'm not hopeful.
  • FitnesscwFitnesscw Posts: 216 ★★
    It's a shame they can't change it to level 30 or 35 after their miscommunication
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,165 ★★★★
    Toasty said:

Level 40 is harder to get than people think. I grinded for 2-3 hours with a 50% boost with max xp mastery, using 15+ Full energy refills and gained around 2.75 levels from 32-34. It takes a LOT of time

@Toasty really stinks but make sure you are using your energy in the quests that yield the most XP per fight. The Daily quests & Act 5 give most XP for your energy. Do NOT waste your energy on Monthly EQ. For whatever reason Monthly Event Quests have always yielded pitifully small amounts of XP compared to other quests for the energy spent. Best of luck 🤘🏼