**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Difference between hard and unreasonable

Im officially rating this game 1 star after fight Ice Phoenix. What was the team thinking when they added her? There is only one champ immune to coldsnap yet you make it so powerful. If you wanted to make something different give us someone with powerful buffs and 300k health, but killing all of my characters off in the 1st 10 seconds is just a money grab. Stop spitting in our face with stupid content that is made for 10% of your customers. Im definitely rating this game 1 star now. 300 units in and still no closer to killing this dumb character you decided to pull out of a hat. Wouldn't recommend this game to anyone honestly.

Comments

• Voluntaris wrote: »
    Im officially rating this game 1 star after fight Ice Phoenix. What was the team thinking when they added her? There is only one champ immune to coldsnap yet you make it so powerful. If you wanted to make something different give us someone with powerful buffs and 300k health, but killing all of my characters off in the 1st 10 seconds is just a money grab. Stop spitting in our face with stupid content that is made for 10% of your customers. Im definitely rating this game 1 star now. 300 units in and still no closer to killing this dumb character you decided to pull out of a hat. Wouldn't recommend this game to anyone honestly.

If you are referring to the Uncollected difficulty Ice Phoenix.... it is intended to be HARD. The new higher difficulty is for end game players, hence the amazing end game level rewards for clearing it.

I wouldn't expect to be able to just blow through an Uncollected difficulty with only 4 star 5/50 champs.

On a side note, here are a few 4 star 5/50 champs that can handle the Uncollected Ice Phoenix:

Mephisto
    King Groot
    Agent Venom
    Kingpin
    Rogue

With Uncollected being for end game players though, I recommend just using one of your 5 star 4/55's and don't get hit. I had no problem using 4/55 Star Lord and 4/55 Captain Marvel.

See thats the 10% im talking about. You think they gave everyone 5 star SL? The only people saying they had no problems are 4/55 users. Did you skip over the part where I said I dont mind difficult content that involves skill? Dying strictly from a debuff is dumb. I'd rather them put the collector as a mini boss. He's easier than Ice Phoenix because he actually takes skill to beat and you can do at least 20k damage per go at him. Coldsnap gives you no chance. Definitely a money grab.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    10k on cold snap is passable by most (maybe all?) 5/50 and above champs. Block damage is brutal, so parry and intercept are key.

Iceman isn’t hard to fight after cold snap. Take a champ with a large hp pool or a debuff reducer and do work. It may cost you a few revives, but the rewards are worth that I think.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    In terms of how many potions I used, I got to say that I found the Collector harder than Ice Phoenix. She isn't hard to actually fight based on combat, she's only a nuisance thanks to that crappy coldsnap damage. I can take her out in 1 fight with my 5* R4 Magik unboosted. All about intercepts and parrys (at certain times).

If you can't do it, boost up. I am quite sure a maxed 4* with a champion or health boost (even if it is lesser) should be able to survive the initial coldsnap.

As what others mentioned, try to bring champs that can either negate or remove the coldsnap. Popular examples include AV, Mephisto, Kingpin, Groot, Rogue, etc.If you don't have any of those champs, make sure to save your strongest champs for her (ie don't use your strongest champs for the fights before to save on health).
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »
    In terms of how many potions I used, I got to say that I found the Collector harder than Ice Phoenix. She isn't hard to actually fight based on combat, she's only a nuisance thanks to that crappy coldsnap damage. I can take her out in 1 fight with my 5* R4 Magik unboosted. All about intercepts and parrys (at certain times).

If you can't do it, boost up. I am quite sure a maxed 4* with a champion or health boost (even if it is lesser) should be able to survive the initial coldsnap.

As what others mentioned, try to bring champs that can either negate or remove the coldsnap. Popular examples include AV, Mephisto, King Groot, Kingpin, Groot, Rogue, etc.If you don't have any of those champs, make sure to save your strongest champs for her (ie don't use your strongest champs for the fights before to save on health).
    King Groot won’t remove the Coldsnap if it’s at the beginning of the fight. It’s placed on him before his furies are.

As what others mentioned, try to bring champs that can either negate or remove the coldsnap. Popular examples include AV, Mephisto, King Groot, Kingpin, Groot, Rogue, etc.If you don't have any of those champs, make sure to save your strongest champs for her (ie don't use your strongest champs for the fights before to save on health).
    King Groot won’t remove the Coldsnap if it’s at the beginning of the fight. It’s placed on him before his furies are.

Ah that's unfortunate. Oh well, I made the necessary changes
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    Okay, all these posts are just boring now!

"I'm a level 23 player with 1 4* rank3, how dare you put these nice rewards on offer but make the quest hard"

Get to the right level and then do it!

Grrrrr
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    edited December 2017
    Voluntaris wrote: »

If you are referring to the Uncollected difficulty Ice Phoenix.... it is intended to be HARD. The new higher difficulty is for end game players, hence the amazing end game level rewards for clearing it.

I wouldn't expect to be able to just blow through an Uncollected difficulty with only 4 star 5/50 champs.

On a side note, here are a few 4 star 5/50 champs that can handle the Uncollected Ice Phoenix:

Mephisto
    King Groot
    Agent Venom
    Kingpin
    Rogue

With Uncollected being for end game players though, I recommend just using one of your 5 star 4/55's and don't get hit. I had no problem using 4/55 Star Lord and 4/55 Captain Marvel.

4* 5/50 SL (duped off cuz) can also take a big chunk out of her. After they toned her down I have absolutely no problem with her difficulty (she’s still a b*tch to fight, tough, challenging).
    My only problem is with Modok who keeps auto-blocking every other hit, it’s beyond annoying & frustrating -_- o_O I really hope the playable character does not have that, he would be so frustrating to fight in arena.
  • TarlungsTarlungs Posts: 113
    All Ive been hearing is people wanting harder content because the steamroll through everything. Now that harder content is out all I hear is whining because they cant steamroll through it day 1 or week 1.
  • L1d3rAL1d3rA Posts: 40
    Anonymous wrote: »

Mephisto
    King Groot
    Agent Venom
    Kingpin
    Rogue

Skill champs makes her attack 12k so thats a no, rogue attack is terrible, and only spenders have Mephisto. I wish they gave everyone 5 star SL though. The truth is that Ice Phoenix is not meant for skilled fighters. Its for anyone who has the health and units to withstand coldsnap. They could of just replaced her with The Collector. Would of been way easier seeing as how you can use more than just 1 or 2 characters to beat him. And the collector doesn't have physical resistance, power gain, bleed and poison immune, etc. . . Dont just make up a dumb character though smh

The collector was way harder, I used 4* rogue and lost only about half my health from coldsnap to beat ice phoenix before the nerf. Get good?

Nope, she's harder than The Collector not even close. Get good maybe if you had trouble beating him?

You realize this is like saying it's harder to beat iceman than the collector?

I can agree with him that collector is easy to beat than iceman "that new thing" because on collector you need skill to evade specials + skill for bane .. on iceman there is no skill to lose more than half hp without get hit..
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    Haven't seen a video of the collector being solo'd. Not saying it isn't possible, but I solo'd ice phoenix several times pretty easily.

A 4/55 dormammu can solo him.

Absolutely, I'm sure he can. Like I said, it is possible, just haven't seen it done.

Mephisto
    King Groot
    Agent Venom
    Kingpin
    Rogue

4* 5/50 SL (duped off cuz) can also take a big chunk out of her. After they toned her down I have absolutely no problem with her difficulty (she’s still a b*tch to fight, tough, challenging).
    My only problem is with Modok who keeps auto-blocking every other hit, it’s beyond annoying & frustrating -_- o_O I really hope the playable character does not have that, he would be so frustrating to fight in arena.

I heard someone say that the parry-heavy approach can work well against MODOK. Personally I've tried it, and it seems to work somewhat fine, but it's still going to be a long ass fight that way.
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    Haven't seen a video of the collector being solo'd. Not saying it isn't possible, but I solo'd ice phoenix several times pretty easily.

Absolutely, I'm sure he can. Like I said, it is possible, just haven't seen it done.

There's a vid where the guy almost solo'd him but messed up with his dormammu. It was pretty cool, shows that it's possible to solo him with said dormammu.
  • L1d3rAL1d3rA Posts: 40
    edited December 2017

I wonder if you guys realize that my opinion is already stated and yall saying that it wasn't hard for you is irrelevant to me. I dont care how any of you feel honestly. Ice Phoenix is stupid and there's a thread with hundreds of people who feel the same. This message was to Kabam and his team. Already gave them a **** rating and all. But im glad you guys beat Ice Phoenix aka The Collector on Steroids.

You just lost any credibility, if you ahead any I think.

The collector is still more difficult than this enemy, since it's icemans animations so when you survive the coldsnap it'll be an easy fight because it's not crazy special attack animations like the collector.

Your opinion is an option, doesn't stop the fact that this phenix is
    1. Not hard
    2. Manageable
    3. Easier than the collector.

In my opinion...this was a pointless thread. 5/50 champs can survive the coldsnap damage man, just focus on intercepting and don't get hit, simple as that, if you're uncollected you should have some knowledge of that since it's very necessary in act 5. Jesus christ man.

when was you last fight with collector ? my was before 2 days 2 times for explore 4* 4/40 AA take me 2 try to to take him down because not give enough attencion to bane .. not sure when they change it but special 1 can be evade

ps.. how hard can collector be without bane ???
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited December 2017
    I’ve already explored the uncollected quest and it’s easy to solo her if your champ has full health. Sometimes I went in with 18k out of 24k on my ultron but I still had no problem with her
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    We really didn’t need another topic about this. It should be apparent by now that this game’s idea of harder content is to make unavoidable damage that few champs if any can counter. No champ at any level should be able to take that much health for doing nothing. It is terrible game design.

The trolls saying “git good” don’t seem to be able to understand that skill has very little to do with this. You either have RNG “luck” and have high level champions who can shrug off of the debuff, or you need to play the game long enough to get high level champs with large health pools. Sure, you still need skill to win the fight, but the majority of the win condition is about luck, and that is what people are really complaining about.

People want harder content, but they want harder content that challenges their fighting skills, not their luck with RNGs.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    We really didn’t need another topic about this. It should be apparent by now that this game’s idea of harder content is to make unavoidable damage that few champs if any can counter. No champ at any level should be able to take that much health for doing nothing. It is terrible game design.

The trolls saying “git good” don’t seem to be able to understand that skill has very little to do with this. You either have RNG “luck” and have high level champions who can shrug off of the debuff, or you need to play the game long enough to get high level champs with large health pools. Sure, you still need skill to win the fight, but the majority of the win condition is about luck, and that is what people are really complaining about.

People want harder content, but they want harder content that challenges their fighting skills, not their luck with RNGs.

This type of "unavoidable damage" has already been in the game for a while. In act 4 there was degen, in LoL there's agent venom with a timer for incinerate, bane in act 5, and of course electro in any part of the game.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★

Mephisto
    King Groot
    Agent Venom
    Kingpin
    Rogue

I heard someone say that the parry-heavy approach can work well against MODOK. Personally I've tried it, and it seems to work somewhat fine, but it's still going to be a long ass fight that way.

Thanks, since I’ve already explored uncollected difficulty, I’ll try that approach in master difficulty 👍
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    Pardon for not reading the other comments, but...

That's my beef with other content. E.g., modok lab expert mode, from hard which is 5k to expert which is 15K+ PI

Last night, I bumped into a 22K iceman and soon as three champs got wrecked, I quit. Not my battle.

Side comment aside, you got opponents with high PI, aggressive and smart AI, and 6 buffs. I know, I know, get better skills. But cmon, we wanna take a shot at shards needed to strengthen our roster. But to feel doubtful about your skill after such fight was not worthwhile. And to not get a five star sig stone after a stressful fight and using a lot of resources to finish it... was sweet icing on the cake (sarcasm intended).

But if this auto blocking was part of the 8 hour maintenance just to please some players and piss some, I get it.

JUST MAKE THE GAME WORTHWHILE TO PLAY.

(BUT THEN AGAIN, i'M AN MCOC AND CRYSTAL ADDICT, SO DONT TAKE MY WORDS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT)
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★

Mephisto
    King Groot
    Agent Venom
    Kingpin
    Rogue

Mate stop misinforming the guy here. Ice phoenix best killer is Star Lord. If you only have a 4 star a 20 percent health boost will help you survive coldsnap.
  • Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    That's pretty sad if one pity fight will make you quit the game.
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    Not reading this thread, but any 4/55, probably all 3/45, and non skill 5/50 can survive her cold snap, which means the rest of the fight is pure skill. You have to fight a close to perfect fight, including very little block and parry damage. This is fact.
This discussion has been closed.