**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Do you have a r4 6* or r3 you have regretted?

I just got Paragon today morning by gifting final accolades and hitting 70k banquet milestone
Used it to r4 doom.
My 3 r4 were scorpion, falcon and today doom. However now I'm seeing it I kinda regret ranking falcon to r4. Don't get me wrong he's wonderful and all the utilities he has but I don't really think I should have done it.

I ranked scorpion and doom by catalyst but for falcon I got r4 skill gem from 8.1 exploration and my options were masacre and falcon back then. Bwdo still at r2 and was without kingpin and fury and those top class skills.
Now I kinda feel I should have taken massacre to r4 instead.

Share your experiences too

Comments

• Options
    None that I regret as such but I don’t really use Prof X that much, he was my first R4 and from a gem
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I have some I gave sig stones to that I'd like a to take back but no rank regrets. I can rank 3 all day and fine with all my r4 choices.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,548 ★★★★★
    No regrets for any R3, which are becoming like the old R4 5* years ago—a one-time standard become common.

At R4, my first was SM99, who is a terrific champ, but also one I don’t find myself reaching for all that much. His rankup was via the Act 8 gem, and at that time I really didn’t have any other Science options I liked. Enjoyed his play style and had AntiVenom, so it was a logical choice.

So…not really regret. I still greatly enjoy playing SM99 and when he’s useful he’s very useful. Once you’re at double digit R4’s, however, there are going to be some that naturally fall off in usage.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    r3 spiderman 2099. Don't get me wrong he's a fantastic character with good niche uses but 9 times out of 10 I use torch, and ibom or even CAIW over him (torch is r3 while the others are r2 or r5). I even used a science ag on him rip. Ive only used Spiderman once so far in my act 7 exploration and even though he seemed like the best option (spite), I just ended up using my other champs during the quest and only used him for a Dormammu.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    No regrets, but there some r3 champs I rarely use. Morningstar is a good example.

All my rank 4 decisions were solid.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Falconi said:

I just got Paragon today morning by gifting final accolades and hitting 70k banquet milestone
    Used it to r4 doom.
    My 3 r4 were scorpion, falcon and today doom. However now I'm seeing it I kinda regret ranking falcon to r4. Don't get me wrong he's wonderful and all the utilities he has but I don't really think I should have done it.

I ranked scorpion and doom by catalyst but for falcon I got r4 skill gem from 8.1 exploration and my options were masacre and falcon back then. Bwdo still at r2 and was without kingpin and fury and those top class skills.

No u don't 😆. Falcon is Stable champ, massacre might be better then falcon some places for sure, but not everywhere. Falcon 100% reduction ability accuracy is godly no matter how u look at it, and 😘 the added attack.
    My Falcon is going to rank 4 at some point. Mole Man is next skill rank up.

• Options
    DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    I’d have done exactly the same in your situation and I’d have no regrets in your position.

R4s are coming quickly enough now that it isn’t worth regretting previous choices, you made the best decision based on your account progression at the time.
  • Options
    SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 935 ★★★
    I feel u, i just cant like Falcon...
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,148 ★★★★★

I kinda regret valk tbh. She was my 2nd rank 4 and I took her to sig 200. Don't get me wrong she's amazing and I love her, but I wish I saved the sig stones for tigra.

And ya I just don't like playing Falcon I feel you, he was my second rank 3 on my alt after moledud got nerfed.

I r4 Valkyrie due to her performances in bg. It didn’t work as well for me in war and questing but as long as she will perform in bg, I am good.
  • Options
    Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    Falconi said:

Used it to r4 doom.

No u don't 😆. Falcon is Stable champ, massacre might be better then falcon some places for sure, but not everywhere. Falcon 100% reduction ability accuracy is godly no matter how u look at it, and 😘 the added attack.
    It's about champ who I enjoy. Falcon is great but most times I don't feel like playing him when I'm grinding something for fun. I use him only for competitive mode and where he's really wanted but not my go to champ when I'm feeling bored
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,625 ★★★★★
    I love all my R4 but I would rank down my r3 Gambit in a heartbeat, I don't use him anywhere at all.
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    U don't have to regret.....at least not too much
    Falcon is one of those champs that probably many of us want to take to R4 but can't do it bcoz the catalysts are still quite rare
    He deserves the rank but not one that we'd consider on a priority basis since many other champs deserve it more
    However I'm pretty sure there will be many more R4 Falcons in the game by the end of 2023 or early 2024
    U're just ahead of the curve in that regard
    I would probably feel the same if I were at ur place but that rankup has now got u the Paragon title which will make it easier for u to rankup many more champs
    So don't take it too hard
  • Options
    Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,153 ★★★★
    NO REGRETS
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    Doom r4 didn't do anything big for me, but bumped my prestige a lot and seems like it affected my bgs matchmaking. As for r3s — some I don't use, but don't really care for r3 anyway. Fyi, my other r4s are mags, torch, herc and fury
  • Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,206 ★★★★★
    I have a R4 Kamala. She was my 3rd and got me paragon back then. I Regret her not being my first
  • Options
    WarlockjrWarlockjr Posts: 778 ★★★
    No I have 3 r3 6* and Love all of em fyi they are Archangel Hit Monkey and Warlock ofc
  • Options
    TheCaptain412TheCaptain412 Posts: 337 ★★★
    My three r3s are Ragneto, Scorpion, and Kingpin. Not a single ounce of regret anywhere with any of them.
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 739 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

No regrets for any R3, which are becoming like the old R4 5* years ago—a one-time standard become common.

At R4, my first was SM99, who is a terrific champ, but also one I don’t find myself reaching for all that much. His rankup was via the Act 8 gem, and at that time I really didn’t have any other Science options I liked. Enjoyed his play style and had AntiVenom, so it was a logical choice.

So…not really regret. I still greatly enjoy playing SM99 and when he’s useful he’s very useful. Once you’re at double digit R4’s, however, there are going to be some that naturally fall off in usage.

Dr. Zola

Exactly this for me too. Can r3 anyone at any time basically, double digit r4s now, sp99 r4 with 7.4 science gem, he was my 2nd r4 I think. He rarely gets used now, has never been in my BGs deck, but back when I could use him in war he ruled half the map, and mainly boss node. Now he's banned most of the time and kabam also changed boss node in aw..
    No regrets on my r4s, except maybe a couple i had to do for aw defense. But thats the cost of high tier war. Cant get the top rewards without a r4 sacrifice here and there.
  • Options
    OrtounOrtoun Posts: 564 ★★★
    Nick Fury and Stryfe to r3 are my regret rank ups, not because they are bad, but because I don't really like playing either of them.
  • Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited December 2022
    I would say prof x since I haven't been able to master him yet
  • Options
    Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 812 ★★★
    edited December 2022
    The thing about falcon is he will forever be useful.....no matter what. If the game is alive 5-6-20 years from now he will forever be able to shut down OP abilities.....a general ability accuracy reduction (let alone completely shutting it off) will never not be useful. And tbh someone like falcon benefits more than even better champs because he actually needs the boosted attack, health, combat rate etc when the obvious choices can beat everything in the game at r2 or R3 and don't really need the r4......also worth saying that not many people are going to be banning falcon....if u r4 a kingpin, NF, etc....usually an auto ban....so you'll actually be able to use your rank 4 in BG
  • Options
    Nalak8Nalak8 Posts: 387 ★★★
    Falcon was the better choice over massacre.

Some r3 regrets for me were Valkyrie, and S2099. I took them up based on the hype but don’t like using them. My only r4 regret was peni…I should have r4 warlock instead.
  • Options
    Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,159 ★★★★
    Knull for me. I never use him lol
  • Options
    Luke9523Luke9523 Posts: 907 ★★★

Not a R3, just a rank 2. But I wish I'd never even taken her to that. Simply because I have better mutants and better options, so she never gets used in any content whatsoever.
    I only ranked her up at my old alliance's request, for diversity reasons. But I left that alliance and have no need for her anymore. Lol. She definitely won't be seeing R3.
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,148 ★★★★★
    Feeney234 said:

Knull for me. I never use him lol

I never use my r4 knull for offense. It is mainly for war defense and bg. Same for kitty.
  • Options
    DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 303 ★★
    Ghost to r3...out of 42 r4s and r3s