**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The difficulty increase is ridiculous

Comments

• Bigg_DoggBigg_Dogg Posts: 128
    WOW! Glad I'm not the only one that thought this. This is probably good for the longevity of the game. A little heads up I guess is to much to ask for from our benevolent benefactors.
  • Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 848 ★★★★
    Searmenis said:

Jwagg said:

Wozzle007 said:

For context, if you had a roster that could easily auto fight previously but now can’t, imagine what it’s like for those who previously could complete each month, but only by a little. Or maybe with a revive or two. This isn’t about Paragon and Thronebreakers who can’t auto fight the Master Equivalent quest. It’s about conquerer and low level uncollected who now can’t get through.

Which they will grow into.
    They won't grow at all now because they can't complete things now that they used 100%, new people will just quit increasing the timeline for the death of the game.
    New people will grow and adapt, the same way we grow and adapt, and have done since the beginning of playing. If we all quit the second we couldn't do something 100% the day that it came out, there would be no game. This game has had an infinite number of "deaths", pretty much everytime something comes along that people are uncomfortable with. Life goes on, and so will the game.
    When we grew and adapted in the "beginning of playing", the difficulty was compatible with skill and rosters at that time and level of progression. At the moment, it is not for newer accounts, if they were skilled enough, they would have been at least Thronebreakers already. But, they are good enough for Uncollected.

... Or so they thought...

You mention "compatible with skill and rosters at that time". I'm curious, do you see that rosters now develop at the same rate as yours did way back when?

Just 1 post below yours is a newly minted cavalier. With 2 6* rank 3's. Not sure about you, but I didn't have any 6* rank 3's at cavalier. My first was when I beat Grandmaster. It is infinitely easier to get ahold of 5* and 6* shards now- and that's a fact.
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 586 ★★★
    Shamir51 said:

Searmenis said:

Jwagg said:

Wozzle007 said:

For context, if you had a roster that could easily auto fight previously but now can’t, imagine what it’s like for those who previously could complete each month, but only by a little. Or maybe with a revive or two. This isn’t about Paragon and Thronebreakers who can’t auto fight the Master Equivalent quest. It’s about conquerer and low level uncollected who now can’t get through.

They won't grow at all now because they can't complete things now that they used 100%, new people will just quit increasing the timeline for the death of the game.
    New people will grow and adapt, the same way we grow and adapt, and have done since the beginning of playing. If we all quit the second we couldn't do something 100% the day that it came out, there would be no game. This game has had an infinite number of "deaths", pretty much everytime something comes along that people are uncomfortable with. Life goes on, and so will the game.
    When we grew and adapted in the "beginning of playing", the difficulty was compatible with skill and rosters at that time and level of progression. At the moment, it is not for newer accounts, if they were skilled enough, they would have been at least Thronebreakers already. But, they are good enough for Uncollected.

It is infinitely easier to get ahold of 5* and 6* shards now- and that's a fact.
    That’s like 25% of the equation and doesn’t really come into play unless all the boxes are checked regarding higher level content. Yay. A UC got a 6 star groot. With no 5 or 6 stars with a compatible synergy. Or no duplication. Etc etc. not to mention skill development.

There’s very few single champs that break the entire game on their own. Champ acquisition by itself as a standalone still requires a significant amount of other variables.
  • Agent_7Agent_7 Posts: 182 ★★
    Shamir51 said:

You mention "compatible with skill and rosters at that time". I'm curious, do you see that rosters now develop at the same rate as yours did way back when?

That is absolutely true, however, player progression and roster progression are two different things. I don’t think anyone would ever say this game isn’t heavily built on a broad skill set and an understanding and awareness of the defenders as well as the available options in one’s own toolkit to defeat those defenders.

So yeah, we can all have stacked rosters and each of us will get different results from it. I may not be as skilled as you now and I might also be more skilled than you six months from now. But that will affect my game progression.

I don’t believe it’s a stretch to say player skill should be the driving factor across the game broadly and to say that quests and rewards should scale accordingly.

There are some pretty advanced nodes in the UC EQ and the PI and health pools are increased. At minimum, if this was intended behavior, probably should have been part of the announcement with at least some measure of explanation. I can’t imagine an actual UC player that isn’t ready for late Act 5 and early Act 6 content is ready for the quest that is at their own defined skill level.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    If I was Kabam, after looking at this thread, I would change the lower levels back and then remove Autoplay. I would put back the units, all of that. But Autoplay would be totally eliminated.

Then we would find out if it’s people truly concerned about skill development and growing their rosters for fair effort and rewards, or people mad that they can’t Autoplay and don’t care about the health of the overall game

ESF said:

If I was Kabam, after looking at this thread, I would change the lower levels back and then remove Autoplay. I would put back the units, all of that. But Autoplay would be totally eliminated.

Then we would find out if it’s people truly concerned about skill development and growing their rosters for fair effort and rewards, or people mad that they can’t Autoplay and don’t care about the health of the overall game

If that was Kabam’s intention to eliminate autoplay… they need to say so. I can tell you knowing players with lesser accounts than most here, these difficultly changes with no new rewards are not inconsequential to them.

Very curious what Kabam intended here because they just made a it a ton harder on lower accounts with no explanation
    I certainly don’t know what Kabam intended, why Units were eliminated. I absolutely won’t speak for them.

But if it was me, I would say, “OK. Heard the complaints. Units are one of the pillars of the game. It’s fine if you want to farm lower levels of EQ for them. Absolutely fine. But it’s not fine for those Units to come for no effort beyond Autoplay. If you want the Units, by all means, go ahead. But you actually have to play the game, actually put forth SOME effort at those levels, for the Units.”

If a person says, “Oh, I am going to quit if I can’t Autoplay Conqueror every month,” then I guess we would be moving on without you
    And for the record, I have — ALWAYS — said I have absolute respect for people who grind Arena for that exact reason. I have said those Arena grinders deserve all the gold and Units they can carry, more resources and rank-ups and rewards, because they get in there and put in the effort, even if it’s just clearing milestones.

That’s absolutely how the game should work, especially if you are F2P — you have the ability to get something simply by working.

As I said, I went into these modes last night. They are harder, but they can be done, even with a 3/30 4-star on at least the first chapter of Uncollected.

So to me, you can still clear the content.

But at the same time, I do admit that it’s harder and that the rewards were reduced. So I would restore UC and below, and just remove Autoplay, and that should be the end of it because certainly no one should complain that actually having to play the game is a requirement to get rewards.
    IKON said:

ESF said:

And for the record, I have — ALWAYS — said I have absolute respect for people who grind Arena for that exact reason. I have said those Arena grinders deserve all the gold and Units they can carry, more resources and rank-ups and rewards, because they get in there and put in the effort, even if it’s just clearing milestones.

That’s absolutely how the game should work, especially if you are F2P — you have the ability to get something simply by working.

As I said, I went into these modes last night. They are harder, but they can be done, even with a 3/30 4-star on at least the first chapter of Uncollected.

So to me, you can still clear the content.

But at the same time, I do admit that it’s harder and that the rewards were reduced. So I would restore UC and below, and just remove Autoplay, and that should be the end of it because certainly no one should complain that actually having to play the game is a requirement to get rewards.

If rewards weren't meant to be earned through no effort, why does autoplay exist in the first place?
    So, then if that’s what this is about — “I can’t Autoplay for Units anymore, and that’s what I want to do,” then just say that instead of hiding behind “Oh, it’s too hard for all of us developing players! Why does Kabam hate everyone who isn’t spending money or a Thronebreaker!!!!!”

Just say what it is, and not act like the content is so hard that it cannot be cleared with a developing roster
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★

B00tblack said:

Wozzle007 said:

They grew into it in previous months when it was easier.

Yes, and the gaps between Difficulties were greater.
    Can you just stop being rude to people on the forums already? You are so condescending all the time. I'm not sure why mods look the other way.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Shamir51 said:

Searmenis said:

Jwagg said:

Wozzle007 said:

Just 1 post below yours is a newly minted cavalier. With 2 6* rank 3's. Not sure about you, but I didn't have any 6* rank 3's at cavalier. My first was when I beat Grandmaster. It is infinitely easier to get ahold of 5* and 6* shards now- and that's a fact.
    Yes, if you don't count the Christmas crystlas it is. A normal player who don't buy a bunch of GBcs or GCCs (don't forget the rng factor in them as well) don't get a 6 star before level 40. Let s not also forget that 80% of the player base is ftp, so having 2 6* rank 3 is not that usual, and, even if they do, they don't have the skills yet.
  • Ceti_EelCeti_Eel Posts: 62
    Searmenis said:

Shamir51 said:

Searmenis said:

Jwagg said:

Wozzle007 said:

Yes, if you don't count the Christmas crystlas it is. A normal player who don't buy a bunch of GBcs or GCCs (don't forget the rng factor in them as well) don't get a 6 star before level 40. Let s not also forget that 80% of the player base is ftp, so having 2 6* rank 3 is not that usual, and, even if they do, they don't have the skills yet.

I was only able to rank them to R3 due to the banquet rewards.
This discussion has been closed.