**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Champions’ probability in crystal pools intentionally different?

Here’s an information I wanted to have. Recently in my alliance’s chat we entered a discussion in which a friend said Kabam has already stated each champion has a different chance of appearing when opening a crystal. I tried looking for this statement, but couldn’t find it. So I was hoping maybe someone can point me to it.

I always thought Kabam said every champion has the same probability (say there are 200 champions in the game, so each one has a 0.5% chance of appearing), even though in my experience that is clearly not the case.
It’s pretty obvious to me Kabam classifies champions in tiers, and those at the lowest tier appear much more often when opening crystals.

But, is that public knowledge then? And I was the one thinking “in theory” I could get any champion equally?

Comments

• KaalenKaalen Posts: 8

Kaalen said:

This is false, and nothing we have ever said would back that up.

Every Champion has the same chance of dropping from a crystal unless otherwise stated (Eg. the Pym Envy Crystal that is currently available has an increased chance at Yellowjacket).

Lol, you might say that, but that is clearly not the case. Worse champs appear much more often
    Why would you ask a question just to then poo-poo the answer? Anyways, I can only tell you the truth; it's your choice what you want to do with that information.

If you read my question you’ll see I wanted to know if it was an open thing. I didn’t ask whether it was a thing or not.

It’s quite easy to notice really. I have pulled more Starlords than all 6 of the current featured champions in the pool combined. How is that an even probability chance?

Before that? I got Jubilee half a dozen times, zero times OS, Hulkling, Scorpion, Rintrah, Black Cat.

Every crystal that shows up is the same story. For me, and a ton of people I talk with.

Trust me, I am not making this up (I wish I were actually). Simple data.

But some guy up there is right, I shouldn’t have come here, since there is nothing I stand to gain from this. I’m out
  • ThēMandalorianThēMandalorian Posts: 288 ★★★
    Even someone cynical would know that is inherently false.

There's no real conspiracy with crystals giving lesser valued champions over any of your wanted champions.

Literally a percentage to pull any champion in the pool is equal in value.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    meorean said:

Kaalen said:

Trust me, I am not making this up (I wish I were actually). Simple data.

But some guy up there is right, I shouldn’t have come here, since there is nothing I stand to gain from this. I’m out

Show us the data that proves your theory then. My guess is that you actually have no numbers, but I would love to be proven wrong
    Show us the data that proves it's not. Other than the "Trust me bro" data you tinfoilers have.
  • Phantomfire500Phantomfire500 Posts: 227 ★★
    edited January 2023
    Kaalen said:

Here’s an information I wanted to have. Recently in my alliance’s chat we entered a discussion in which a friend said Kabam has already stated each champion has a different chance of appearing when opening a crystal. I tried looking for this statement, but couldn’t find it. So I was hoping maybe someone can point me to it.

I always thought Kabam said every champion has the same probability (say there are 200 champions in the game, so each one has a 0.5% chance of appearing), even though in my experience that is clearly not the case.
    It’s pretty obvious to me Kabam classifies champions in tiers, and those at the lowest tier appear much more often when opening crystals.

But, is that public knowledge then? And I was the one thinking “in theory” I could get any champion equally?

There's a video where Prof Hoffman goes into a tirade about Miike saying they want to "keep 2016 champs simple because new players are more likely to get and use them" which is pretty damning...Until you think about it for 5 seconds and realise the "basic" 1/2* pool is much more limited than other crystals, and 1/2*s are aimed at newer players.

That and a whole lot of negativity bias is the only "evidence"
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,279 ★★★★★
    I figure these things come from regularly opening 10 or less basic pool crystals and getting 3 or more Groots (or highly improbable multiples of some other champs that sucks). I would definitely post it somewhere if I ever opened 10 or less basic pool crystals and got 2 or more Herculeses (or highly improbable multiples of some other top tier champ).
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,618 ★★★★★
    I really want to see this alliance chat cause these guys are cuckoo
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Kaalen said:

Every Champion has the same chance of dropping from a crystal unless otherwise stated (Eg. the Pym Envy Crystal that is currently available has an increased chance at Yellowjacket).

Lol, you might say that, but that is clearly not the case. Worse champs appear much more often
    I'm the recent featured i got more Valkyrie than i got Groot and rocket combined. There's more chance to get good champions.

/S but the point stands
  • FeuerschwerFeuerschwer Posts: 311 ★★
    I opened two crystals and got two Thors, Half-Life 3 confirmed!
  • NastyPhishNastyPhish Posts: 583 ★★★
    I went on a 6 month 6* dry spell were nothing was worth ranking then the last three months it’s been only good champs. And I can’t possibly rank them all. So it’s just rng man.
  • spigwenderspigwender Posts: 473 ★★★

Was your alliance mate Prof Hoff?

Got him lmao
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

There used to be an unfortunately worded knowledge base article that some people have interpreted to mean that every champ has a difference chance to appear, when the wording in context appeared to be referring to crystals with different rarities having different designed drop rates for those different rarity pools.

It has passed into the collective tin foil hat collective unconscious, along with the reliable method to get 4* champs from PHCs and various things having to do with patents.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,279 ★★★★★
    Probably have less hassle and conspiracy threads if they would just be done with it and actually designate the list of champs that suck as "commons" and every 10 commons you get a guaranteed "uncommon". Keep the odds the same otherwise but throw people a pity champ for their trouble.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

There used to be an unfortunately worded knowledge base article that some people have interpreted to mean that every champ has a difference chance to appear, when the wording in context appeared to be referring to crystals with different rarities having different designed drop rates for those different rarity pools.

It has passed into the collective tin foil hat collective unconscious, along with the reliable method to get 4* champs from PHCs and various things having to do with patents.
    I believe that was the Support SS that indicated there were "many factors" that go into Champions. That term was exaggerated into being misconstrued as some form of deception.