**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Love Letter to the Game

TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
I started playing Contest of Champions in January of 2020.

Little did I know that a global pandemic would shut everything down, and I would be forced to find something to do with all my newfound free time. Some people learned how to make bread, others went to the gym every day. Me? I made a daily habit of grinding the Summoner's Trial arena in order to get units to buy more PHCs. In hindsight, maybe not the best use of my time.

The only reason I stopped buying those stupid crystals was when someone told me to stop doing it on global chat (maybe my first and last positive memory of using global chat). From there, I was directed onto the forums for more advice. There, I made my first forum post where I requested help getting Uncollected.

274 created discussions and 5,064 comments later, here we are. I've poured more than three years into this game, and it's given me a lot. Not only has it cured boredom countless times, but I've developed lifelong connections. Went from lurking on the forums, to asking for help, to giving help, and then acting like I was too good to need help. Forum members have gotten me into not one, not two, but three alliances in my day, which I all had a positive experience with. For that, I cannot thank them enough.

But like all good things, this must come to and end. I emplore you to recognize when something is becoming a problem for you rather than a solution. I recognized that yesterday. Now, don't take this like a "This game sucks now! I'm leaving!" kind of post, that's not what it is. I cannot say a single unkind word about this game. From the devs all the way to Kabam Boo back in the way, I believe each and every employee put their heart into creating this game to its best possible form.

It's necessary to know when real life is more important than pixels on a screen. For that reason, I have permanently uninstalled the game. My apologies to my alliance, who probably thinks I'm dead or something. But at least I placed defense last night.

I'll leave you with this: As a troubled man once said, "If you wanna make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and then make a change."

Comments

• Shake_a_QuakeShake_a_Quake Posts: 462 ★★★
    Hehe, a prestigious part of the forum, farewell thee. But the addiction will bring you back in, i have said my goodbyes too. Lasted for atleast 3 months, and then i ended up here again. Whoops!
  • What the…you’ll be back bud, they always come back. But good luck man.
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 840 ★★★★
    All the best, Bair123. Whether you return or not, clear skies.

And @SpideyFunko, kudos for the choice of gif. Bernard Cribbins was a legend.
  • Agent_7Agent_7 Posts: 182 ★★

Hehe, a prestigious part of the forum, farewell thee. But the addiction will bring you back in, i have said my goodbyes too. Lasted for atleast 3 months, and then i ended up here again. Whoops!

I started playing in 2015 and burned out on it after a year. I managed to kick the addiction until about six months ago, so it IS possible, but apparently not forever. LOL

• We will miss you Bair. You were an awesome teammate.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    See ya bro, i hope to cross paths at some point again in this game. Its been great knowing you.

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,544 ★★★★★
    Farewell @TheBair123

Has been great having you around!

Dr. Zola
  • DragonMCOCDragonMCOC Posts: 528 ★★★
    Best of wishes on your new journey @TheBlair123.
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,769 ★★★★★
    Farewell @TheBair123
    You will be missed. Good luck in everything that you do.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    Take care of you! All the best. Thanks for sharing this time with us.
  • HipocerosHipoceros Posts: 88
    Good bye bro. Enjoy your life, "this game sucks now " 😁😁..
  • Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 461 ★★★
    Brilliant, heartfelt post. Enjoy your retirement mate.
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,157 ★★★★
    Youll be back, dont worry buddy 🤣