**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Stop Voting For Spider Punk!

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

First of all, it's not rigged. Lol. I appreciate your fanaticism, but people will vote for who they want. Also, there's a reason there are so many. Spider-Man is one of the most beloved characters in Marvel. He was introduced in 1962. Fun fact, the oldest was HT, in 1939.

Not the HT most would be thinking of. The Fantastic Four HT wasn’t introduced until 1961. The oldest character that’s still relatively the same now (in the comics at least) would be Namor.
    Namor is the oldest superhero currently still in Marvel comics, but the OG Human Torch actually also still exists in the modern day continuity, most recently in the Invaders comics. He was introduced a bit after Namor, making him the second oldest active Marvel super hero character in terms of publication.
    no, Human Torch debuted in Marvel Comics #1.
    Namor first appears in a give away comic book called Motion Picture Funnies Weekly (called that because it was created to be a promotional giveaway to theater goers).

The Namor story was reprinted in the same Marvel Comics #1 that the Human Torch appears in, but although his first appearance wasn't in an official Marvel comic, he does predate the Human Torch by a few months.
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,590 ★★★★
    Maicoñ97 said:

We still missing lots of spider characters and this is one of the best he has all my votes

We don't need another spider, we need Mr Dikovitch. His sp3 would just be him yelling at the opponent for rent. He uses Rent debuffs to slowly bleed the opponent's bank account dry. Once the opponent's bank account reaches bankruptcy, Mr Dikovitch automatically wins the fight
  • RonSwansonRonSwanson Posts: 1,171 ★★★★
    Added a few more voted for 🕷 🎸 today
    DNA3000 said:

Ok, from what I can see from all you clueless people, this game is doomed

You're only figuring this out now? I guess you don't frequent the Reddit much.

As for me, I was going to vote for Bullseye, but after reading this thread ... I still voted for Bullseye.

I was tempted to vote for Spider Punk, but then I remembered you alls are nuts and my prescription meds aren't strong enough to put the forums behind the wheel of my game decisions.
    Good decision :smile:
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

As for me, I was going to vote for Bullseye, but after reading this thread ... I still voted for Bullseye.

I was tempted to vote for Spider Punk, but then I remembered you alls are nuts and my prescription meds aren't strong enough to put the forums behind the wheel of my game decisions.
    Also, I'm old. My mental image of Bullseye is the Frank Miller Bullseye that breaks out of prison using an aspirin and then kills Elektra for giggles. That was a long time ago. For all I know, Bullseye is now a cybernetic interdimensional assassin herald of Franklin Richards.

Which I would also vote for.
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Also, I'm old. My mental image of Bullseye is the Frank Miller Bullseye that breaks out of prison using an aspirin and then kills Elektra for giggles. That was a long time ago. For all I know, Bullseye is now a cybernetic interdimensional assassin herald of Franklin Richards.

Which I would also vote for.
    Same here. Bullseye is more of a street level character, which the game definitely lacks. Bullseye is gonna make DDHK, DD, Elektra and other street level champs way more overpowered just with synergies. I can't wait for his abilities and game breaking synergies!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Before the voting even started, I had a certain intuition that Bullseye was going to win, to which someone replied on here not to put that energy out there.
    Somewhere between then and the first vote, I decided on Punk. It just feels like the most punk rock thing to do.
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Bullseye would have a synergy with Tasky, and other mercs for a synergy team boosting them guarantee it. Also Tasky gets more power possibly
    MaxGaming said:

Bullseye would have a synergy with Tasky, and other mercs for a synergy team boosting them guarantee it. Also Tasky gets more power possibly

I was thinking OP synergies with DD and DDHK, or possibly Elektra. Those champs desperately need a buff
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,309 ★★★★★
    I am the one who is voting for PUnky bOI since the begining of voting event in early Jan.😎. Bro he is really cool, he has some dance moves, it will be fun having some musical powers and abilities and even some guitar tunes during special attacks, so that I am finally attracted towards turning on my sound FX in the game. I love spider people, and i will vote for pink till the end of the event
  • Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 807 ★★★
    A thread like this is dangerous in this day and age where the trolls exist and haters thrive.....people are going to see this and simply vote for spiderpunk because you made a whole ass thread about him.....you probably just boosted his numbers by doing this
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,794 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

First of all, it's not rigged. Lol. I appreciate your fanaticism, but people will vote for who they want. Also, there's a reason there are so many. Spider-Man is one of the most beloved characters in Marvel. He was introduced in 1962. Fun fact, the oldest was HT, in 1939.

Not the HT most would be thinking of. The Fantastic Four HT wasn’t introduced until 1961. The oldest character that’s still relatively the same now (in the comics at least) would be Namor.
    Namor is the oldest superhero currently still in Marvel comics, but the OG Human Torch actually also still exists in the modern day continuity, most recently in the Invaders comics. He was introduced a bit after Namor, making him the second oldest active Marvel super hero character in terms of publication.
    Namor first appears in a give away comic book called Motion Picture Funnies Weekly (called that because it was created to be a promotional giveaway to theater goers).

The Namor story was reprinted in the same Marvel Comics #1 that the Human Torch appears in, but although his first appearance wasn't in an official Marvel comic, he does predate the Human Torch by a few months.
    Wrong. Motion Picture Funnies Weekly was never actually produced.

https://www.cbr.com/namor-the-sub-mariner-double-debut/
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

For the life of me, I never understood why Bullseye was so popular. A villain whose only power is marksmanship who only makes sense as a Daredevil antagonist.

But, I have been on the wrong side of all these votes over the years - the champion I want never makes it out of the first round, and the champion I care for the least always wins.

Herc and Quicksilver has proven that I am wrong, so maybe I should lean into it.
  • DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Wrong. Motion Picture Funnies Weekly was never actually produced.

https://www.cbr.com/namor-the-sub-mariner-double-debut/
    (side note) The “Marvel Comics #1” reference doesn’t necessarily mean that is the absolute starting point of any such characters.

As to “never actually produced”, that doesn’t take away from DNA's comment that Namor was *created* first, or *predates* H.T. I would say that counts as *first appears* even though it never ended up actually being distributed. It was in finished product form and sounds like was being shopped around.

And (although not sure from the article) hard copies of Motion Pictures Funnies Weekly were most likely printed in order to have samples to try to sell to the theater industry. Fact that it wasn’t actually sold and distributed doesn’t take away that it was prior to H.T.

But cool link to some Marvel character history.
  • TheCaptain412TheCaptain412 Posts: 337 ★★★
    I didn’t vote for Spider-Punk or Bullseye. Voting for Bullseye, who is going to make the final round regardless, is a waste of my votes.

The trick is to ensure that S-P never makes it that far, which is why I voted for White Tiger. That way, the champ I DO want to win, Bullseye, has an easier path to victory.
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    As soon as I saw him in the choices I knew it was over.

Not another Spider-Man is all I could say. Been voting bullseye but I doubt he will make it.

A thread like this is dangerous in this day and age where the trolls exist and haters thrive.....people are going to see this and simply vote for spiderpunk because you made a whole ass thread about him.....you probably just boosted his numbers by doing this

Pathetic

You wanted quicksilver, I wanted agatha. So now you get to suffer with another spiderman.

I actually didn't want Quicksilver. I wanted Beta Ray Bill
    KattohS said:

As soon as I saw him in the choices I knew it was over.

Not another Spider-Man is all I could say. Been voting bullseye but I doubt he will make it.

I hope so. if Spider Punk wins then I quit the game
  • spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Posts: 261 ★★
    Since Deathlok is out and Bullseye will most likely win, I burned my ballots in protest remembering this thread for four more votes for Spider-Punk.
  • DEATHLOK SHOULD BE IN THERE BUY HE AIN'T SPIDER PUNK IS SO I'MA VOTE HIM BC Y'ALL TICK ME OFF

Yea, Deathlok should've moved on, but instead, I'm having to reluctantly vote White Tiger. Gladiator is just another cosmic superman wannabe at this point and we already have Ikaris and Hype... and Vision Aarkus. I don't want Spider-Punk, it's too soon as we need Spider Supreme to enter the basic long before I'm ready for another spider, though another contender for that objective of Volume 3 challenges wouldn't hurt as long as it works out for the meta. and lastly, Bullseye. I'm not voting for Bullseye because a. we are just now getting a skill summoner's-choice-champion and I'm disappointed in the current result. and b. even Hawkeye is kind of mid, so making Bullseye would be a downer.