**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

8.2 release date?

Anyone have any idea the expected release date for 8.2?

Comments

• ninosninos Posts: 38
    Next month hopefully, saw some leaks of the 8.2 boss a few weeks ago which leads me to believe that its ready or close to being ready
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

Next month hopefully, saw some leaks of the 8.2 boss a few weeks ago which leads me to believe that its ready or close to being ready

He looks really cool too
  • ZAKKY1ZAKKY1 Posts: 17

I didn’t see the leak of the boss have they combined 2 champs together again? Or grandmaster type fight?
  • ninosninos Posts: 38
    ZAKKY1 said:

I didn’t see the leak of the boss have they combined 2 champs together again? Or grandmaster type fight?
    It's a cursed version of Hulk or something like that, similar to Scytalis/Black Widow
  • JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,204 ★★★★
    Daaamn, cool as hell
  • duallTyduallTy Posts: 47
    When will be release the 8.2 ?
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

More information about 8.2 will be made available soon(ish)!

We have plans to do a launch-day live-stream to discuss the creation of story content, past, present and future!

Can you guys stream in resolutions less than 1080p? My slow network can't handle that
  • Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

We have plans to do a launch-day live-stream to discuss the creation of story content, past, present and future!

Yo Jax will u discuss the plot and The Chronoserpant too or just future rewards and stuff?
    Kabam Jax said:

Thank Jax
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,632 ★★★★★
    edited February 2023
    Kabam Jax said:

This may be just be me, but honestly, I feel like a live stream the day before might get more hype. If it is right around the time the content is dropping, I would assume that most people at that level will just be hopping into the content and not get to really interact with the stream. It could also be a fun way to explain all of the reward structures, general setup, and intent behind the content before it is already available for summoners to see in-game. Maybe you could do a live-stream at a similar time as the announcements are made, so that there is more incentive to join (to hear rewards, structure, etc) and that people can focus on the live stream, then on the content when it drops soon after. Or, you could set the live stream a day or two before the full announcement goes live and just give broad overviews, with the more specific details coming in print.

To be fair, this also may just be a time-zone issue where I'm at work for the live-stream and launch, so I don't really get to focus on both and will just skim through the game to get an overview. If it were spaced out more, I personally would be more likely to join. Obviously this is also down to when you are allowed to announce things, work hours, and a plethora of other logistical guidelines, but I thought I'd add my 2 cents.
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 936 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

I would just make sure the dates are triple checked this time :)
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

Unofficial but I suspect March 22nd. Act/Variant content has always been released on Wednesdays, 2 weeks after the launch of a monthly EQ.

https://bit.ly/MCOC_Release_Dates

That chart has plenty of dates that are one week after release, but I think you’re right about the 22nd
    Kabam Jax said:

I see you have that live-stream Buț nothing about 8.2

• akif03akif03 Posts: 2
    Kabam Jax said:

One month already passed. When will we get 8.2?
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    _Pez_ said:

By the looks of the latest announcement I'm sure it will come 2 weeks after revive farming gets nerfed so any overflow can expire :)

Was looking for this comment.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    It makes sense that act 7 came out a bit faster once variant releases stopped. I have no idea why we’ve now gone from 5 to 6 to 7 months for 8.2