**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Announcing: M.O.D.O.K.'s Lab

Comments

• SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    Couldn't disagree more. We've never seen anything like this and you want more creative? The spiderman quests, the bounty missions etc., all got very boring. These are different every time. You have the option of trying out some difficult buff combinations or re-rolling, and the expert level requires skill. It's almost like they gave you everything you are complaining that they ought to be giving you. And the rewards are good. I guess some will complain no matter what.
    If you are incapable of disagreeing without insulting me, that does more to weaken your position than it does mine. Dismissing other people's opinions as just more complaining is a cheap tactic that rarely works. I guess some will complain about other people's complaints no matter what.

If you think this event is creative and fun, then I hope you enjoy it. I don't see it that way. To me, it feels like they took what they already had and repackaged it with yet another RNG. This game relies way too much on RNGS, from champ openings, to buff/debuff procs, etc. It seems like they can't create new content any other way, which doesn't give me much hope about the future of this game.

The one good thing I will say is that the rewards are much better. I am not saying that out of greed. I think the upcoming 6* content is going to be tough, and we need to be able to strengthen our rosters much faster than we have in the past in order to be prepared for it.
  • When will search of alliance by region and search player by top champion be added.
  • Help me pleas... How can i get the 4star and 5star Duped champ

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Couldn't disagree more. We've never seen anything like this and you want more creative? The spiderman quests, the bounty missions etc., all got very boring. These are different every time. You have the option of trying out some difficult buff combinations or re-rolling, and the expert level requires skill. It's almost like they gave you everything you are complaining that they ought to be giving you. And the rewards are good. I guess some will complain no matter what.
    If you are incapable of disagreeing without insulting me, that does more to weaken your position than it does mine. Dismissing other people's opinions as just more complaining is a cheap tactic that rarely works. I guess some will complain about other people's complaints no matter what.

If you think this event is creative and fun, then I hope you enjoy it. I don't see it that way. To me, it feels like they took what they already had and repackaged it with yet another RNG. This game relies way too much on RNGS, from champ openings, to buff/debuff procs, etc. It seems like they can't create new content any other way, which doesn't give me much hope about the future of this game.

The one good thing I will say is that the rewards are much better. I am not saying that out of greed. I think the upcoming 6* content is going to be tough, and we need to be able to strengthen our rosters much faster than we have in the past in order to be prepared for it.

I didn't dismiss your opinion, I responded specifically to the points you made. If I had said something like "stop complaining" and moved on that would be dismissing your opinion. It's kind of funny that you feel like I insulted you and then you responded in kind. Kind of removes any moral high ground you might have as the offended party, doesn't it? I don't feel insulted however, and no personal insult was aimed at you by me. Cheers.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Will there be a special title from MODOKs Lab?

There isn't any title and I don't think there will be any title given out from MODOK's lab. Still worth doing though, you can get a lot of rewards if you do it regularly so don't feel bummed out that there's no title in there.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    I agree this is probably my favourite event ever, don't really care about the easy ones not having autofight the rewards are 3* shards and t3bs only do them if you need the extra rolls. Fun fights and gotta plan bringing the right champs. Just glad I haven't caught mordok in master yet, that guy sucks, specials mid combo on the same hit he decides he can block.
  • PennsyltuckyPennsyltucky Posts: 60
    Need to tweak the event because if you have champs stuck in a quest you can't join. And the act 4 quests take more than 70 energy so you're stuck waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting. If your roster is deep enough you should be able to do story quest and event quests with 2 different teams
  • I just noticed something this morning with regard to the way the event resets. The announcement says you can enter every eight hours and those entries will be refreshed every eight hours. it does not say that the event itself resets completely every eight hours. I was inside a map when the refresh timer reset and the map itself reset: it kicked me out and did not let me finish the map.

That's going to be problematic for a fraction of the players. The eight hour timer implies that everyone has eight hours to run the event, but it is more precise to say that everyone has eight hours to finish it. It takes me about 40 minutes on average to finish all four difficulties, which means I have to start the event within 7 hours and 20 minutes of the refresh timer. Unfortunately, my timezone is coincidentally very badly aligned with the refresh timer: for me it resets at midnight and 8am (and 4pm). To run the event completely all three opportunities I have to either stay awake past midnight and then run it, which means I'm falling asleep around 1am, or wake up by 7am to run it to completion before it resets. Up until now I was staying awake to run (what is for me) the late night one, but last night I decided to go to sleep and run it in the morning. I figured I just needed to start the last one before reset, but that doesn't appear to work.

This means anyone who is aligned well (or not well, depending on how you look at it) will find it much easier to get three runs per day in. Anyone whose sleep schedule is perfectly aligned with the reset timer is going to have a much more difficult time doing so. And this isn't a question of "someone will always be in the bad time zone" thing like with scheduled maintenance. The eight hour refresh seems intended to give at least chance for someone to get eight hours of sleep and still have the same opportunities as everyone else. But that would have been difficult for someone perfectly aligned with the eight hour windows. With this extra feature of the map reseting and not allowing you to finish even if you've already entered, that margin for completion is even worse.

It would be nice to be able to at least stockpile two entries instead of one, specifically to prevent someone from sleeping eight hours at the worst alignment having a disadvantage, but at the very least I don't think the map should kick a player that is currently in it when the timer resets. The announcement says *entries* refresh making it sound like you get more entry credits. What it actually seems to be doing is resetting the entire event, causing the map you're on to reset to zero whether you are in it or not. That seems wrong to me.
    @DNA3000 just curious. I have been completing the top two difficulties only unless I have a run where I use a bunch of rolls. That's only happened once or twice. Why run the lower two levels?
  • @DNA3000 just curious. I have been completing the top two difficulties only unless I have a run where I use a bunch of rolls. That's only happened once or twice. Why run the lower two levels?

They cost no energy and generate rewards. Why not run the lower two levels?
  • ZappZapp Posts: 69
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    @DNA3000 just curious. I have been completing the top two difficulties only unless I have a run where I use a bunch of rolls. That's only happened once or twice. Why run the lower two levels?

Because it still costs time, and time is pretty valuable for most of us. The rewards on the lower levels are more or less useless apart from the dice. It's actually really annoying that I'm forced to do those just to get rerolls in the harder levels. I think that's bad game design.
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    Zapp wrote: »

Because it still costs time, and time is pretty valuable for most of us. The rewards on the lower levels are more or less useless apart from the dice. It's actually really annoying that I'm forced to do those just to get rerolls in the harder levels. I think that's bad game design.

Or you know you can buy them for very little amount of gold.
  • Zapp wrote: »

Averaged for time, I think the rewards are not bad. Not great, but not bad relatively speaking.

You're not forced to do those lower levels just for the randomizer. The randomizer is there for people doing the lower levels who happen to need it. Its actually good game design that the option exists for you to do those missions and get free randomizers. You can also stock up for a couple days if your use of the randomizers is bursty (mine is).
  • Tom_Cruise1Tom_Cruise1 Posts: 56
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam DK

Please allow to use all the champs in Lab, even if they are being used in AW. Becomes really crazy do the lab with left out 4* R4s while good champs are locked in War.
    @Tom_Cruise1 good luck but it's never going to happen. You could just leave your champs in there for as long as you want and revive as you got items if the champs didn't lock. You can still do that, just can't run quests and use them in war. If you are going for 100% you can always join an alliance that does't run 3 war groups or is in a much lower war bracket until you finish.
  • Dr_ARCHerDr_ARCHer Posts: 125
    I can still manage doing Modok Lab with only AQ. However, with AW and AQ running concurrently, I find it a struggle to complete the Expert Level. I have to resort to triple boosts so that I can do AW, AQ and Modok Lab around the same time.
    Oh I'm an idiot. Automatically thought of the Labyrinth when I saw Lab. Obviously this is a MODOK's Lab thread so no excuse other than stupidity. It still isn't going to happen though.
  • Hy...maybe this is off topic,but I want to know why I can't play any fight? Everything works exept fights...allways I get a message that says that an unexpected error occured...help please...
    @Kruno111111 maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling? never had that happen.
  • I did that and again same thing...it started to happen after last update...
  • Dr_ARCHerDr_ARCHer Posts: 125
    I did that and again same thing...it started to happen after last update...

Reboot your device. Uninstall game. Reboot your device. Reinstall game.
  • Why can't i play the game after the last update? Can't play any quest at all just collect free crystals. Keep getting an error message everytime i try to fight in any arena.
  • Ciao vorrei sapere come avere un rimborso per un acquisto fatto 1 ora fa
  • Come faccio ad annullare un acquisto sbagliato?
  • edited December 2017

Hey folks! Looks like we incorrectly stated that Heroic would award 25 5-Star Shards in our original post... in actual fact, the number is 50. We're gonna leave it at 50 though, so enjoy those extra 5-Star Shards!
  • My Kabam account never got compensation for fighting the many times overbuffed Ice Phoenix and I've had many friends and alliance mates get compensated. Any clue as to why I haven't received even my 10 revives I had used, let alone potions in a compensation package? I know you guys are busy but can you look into this please or point me where to ask about this? Thanks a bunch, and happy holidays Kabam!
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    Nice event. Now how about you work on letting us actually play the game?
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    edited December 2017
    Kabam DK wrote: »
    Hey folks! Looks like we incorrectly stated that Heroic would award 25 5-Star Shards in our original post... in actual fact, the number is 50. We're gonna leave it at 50 though, so enjoy those extra 5-Star Shards!

Lol..so which is it? The original post was wrong and should have said 50, or, it was incorrectly giving 50 and should have been 25, and therefore we get to "enjoy those extra 5-Star Shards? If the post was wrong (as you mentioned), it isn't extra anything.
  • This quest it is an amazing idea !! Love it almost every day I am doing at least 2 if not 3 times expert, in one week I opened already 2 5 stars including the arena. Now I am at 9.6k again, basically tonight open a new one
This discussion has been closed.