**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Losing control of champs [Under Investigation]

Comments

• Options
    NMEONESNMEONES Posts: 260 ★★
    Well whatever it is, it needs to actually be addressed. This is a major issue, we don't deserve for it to be ignored.... it's effecting every area of gameplay.
  • Options
    BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Kabam is hoping we’ll overlook stuff like this if they shower us in presents. WE PLAY THIS KABAM. WE NOTICE
  • Options
    I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    Lurker wrote: »
    at some point Kabam will have to admit the issue is the "anti-cheat" background tasks in their software. It is constant contact with the servers for various reasons, storing fight recovery info, etc. It causes micro lags during fights. They won't fix it because it would allow cheating. The best they are willing to do is mitigate the delay but the more they buff their AI's abilities to exploit delays in our reactions, the more the micro delays allow the AI to "cheat".
    You have a point. Well many points in fact.

For me, it's sure they have that "anti cheat" system sending/packing data in-fights every time "for avoid cheats".
    In fact, many times it's noticeable in the end of the fight, many times you can know "that hit" finished the fight because the game frozen right before it land (I guess while the app is packing/sending the whole data of the fight).

However it's a bad "anti cheat" system, because cheaters can fake those in-fight submits same as they would fake the final fight submit. And those in-fights submits do hurt the legit and honest players.
    I.e. removing it or not, cheats aren't being avoided, but real players are being messed if this system isn't removed or improved for avoid its noticeable penalty in the performance.

Specially, as you said, Kabam is always tweaking their AI more and more for take advantage of our littles delays in reactions, then those delays submitting data are opening the window for the AI screw us.
    The whole pic look like the AI is cheating us exploiting those micro freezes and even some people already believe were added on purpose for profit.
  • Options
    I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    Sorry if double post. My pre reply was blocked in moderation while I edited some misspelled, so I'm posting it again.
    at some point Kabam will have to admit the issue is the "anti-cheat" background tasks in their software. It is constant contact with the servers for various reasons, storing fight recovery info, etc. It causes micro lags during fights. They won't fix it because it would allow cheating. The best they are willing to do is mitigate the delay but the more they buff their AI's abilities to exploit delays in our reactions, the more the micro delays allow the AI to "cheat".
    You have a point. Well many points in fact.

For me, it's sure they have that "anti cheat" system sending/packing data in-fights every time "for avoid cheats".
    In fact, many times it's noticeable in the end of the fight, many times you can know "that hit" finished the fight because the game frozen right before it land (I guess while the app is packing/sending the whole data of the fight).

However it's a bad "anti cheat" system, because cheaters can fake those in-fight submits same as they would fake the final fight submit. And those in-fights submits do hurt the legit and honest players.
    I.e. removed it or not, cheats aren't being avoided, but real players are being messed if this system isn't removed or improved for avoid its noticeable penalty in the performance.

Specially, as you said, Kabam is always tweaking their AI more and more for take advantage of our littles delays in reactions, then those delays submitting data are opening the window for the AI screw us.
    The whole pic look like the AI is cheating us exploiting those micro freezes and even some people already believe those were added on purpose for profit.
    So, it's a problem hurting us, but it will hurt Kabam too if not fixed.
  • Options
    AfflictionAffliction Posts: 382 ★★
    Go ahead and fix this too while we are waiting! :tongue:
  • Options
    GrimmGrimm Posts: 119
    One more week and we will have the 4 month anniversary of this thread.

Has this “investigation” reached any conclusion?
    Are we hundreds of seasoned players delusional?
    Are we supposed to just quit?

How long are we going to be talking to ourselves and be ignored?
  • Options
    Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    Hey everyone. I need to step in here and remind everyone to keep their comments on this thread constructive. I completely understand that these are stressful issues, but popping in every day to remind us that you're still having these issues doesn't do anything but flood the thread and make it harder to find relevant information. If you've already provided info to help reproduce these issues, no further comment is needed unless we ask for more information. Thanks!
    Post edited by Kabam Wolf on
  • Options
    ShukerShuker Posts: 42
    Well parrying literally just doesn’t work anymore taking like 3x more amount damage from well timed blocks and blocking in general really I’m using and IPhone 6s the phone is pretty much brand new, like I don’t understand what’s going on
  • Options
    PapanikolauPapanikolau Posts: 0
    Hey summoners,
    I faced a problem: after the recent update it turned impossible for me to dodge from long distance special attacks (e.g. 1st of Iron Man). Did anyone have the same problem and how did u solve it? My device is Meizu M5 Note. Thanx in advance.
  • Options
    AgentDoom9AgentDoom9 Posts: 263 ★★
    I have been having problems too. It seems like evade is slower or they sped up specials
  • Options
    LurkerLurker Posts: 196
    they have been systematically making all the controls harder (require more skill?) to use since 12.0 at least for difficult content/AI.

smaller parry window
    speed up AI attack animation
    slow down our dash back recovery
    faster AI recovery - this one is the worst because makes the following harder
    harder to chain specials on combos, AI blocks very easily
    harder to slow play attacks (AI will recover and block)
    AI can attack before SP3 animation returns control to us.
    etc...

wouldn't surprise me at all if they are going after dexterity mechanics now.
  • Options
    FireatwillFireatwill Posts: 98
    Has nothing to do with skill, they are just bad at their job and have royally screwed it up countless times( or doing it on purpose to milk units). I've noticed this evade issue for 2 months now. As you said it's one of two things, it's either much slower, or completely broken, but which is indistinguishable. It's not just with specials, on the harder ai when doing the typical double evade you will get hit by the second attack of a combo half of the time too. I can't believe there hasn't been more posts about this, it couldn't be more noticeable.
  • Options
    WhatRYouWhatRYou Posts: 443 ★★
    Hey summoners,
    I faced a problem: after the recent update it turned impossible for me to dodge from long distance special attacks (e.g. 1st of Iron Man). Did anyone have the same problem and how did u solve it? My device is Meizu M5 Note. Thanx in advance.

"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball."
    Remember the 5 D's of dodgeball: Dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge.
    I think you're not following the process in order!
  • Options
    Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    they have been systematically making all the controls harder (require more skill?) to use since 12.0 at least for difficult content/AI.

smaller parry window
    speed up AI attack animation
    slow down our dash back recovery
    faster AI recovery - this one is the worst because makes the following harder
    harder to chain specials on combos, AI blocks very easily
    harder to slow play attacks (AI will recover and block)
    AI can attack before SP3 animation returns control to us.
    etc...

wouldn't surprise me at all if they are going after dexterity mechanics now.

They've changed evade/dexterity so much over the past many months that part of of me thinks the double dexterity bug of 13.0 wasn't an accident at all.
  • Options
    Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    Having massive issues with this.

I’m even getting the dexterity evade notification yet... receiving damage and not evading properly.

This fix MUST BE IMPLEMENTED

1.5m months ago there was a GIANT change to dexterity IMMEDIATELY after maintenance. I talked about it many times and got **** for it, but I'm happy that players can finally see what I'm talking about. Evade length is very shallow and our evade recovery is horrible as dexterity is barely working, making us get hit by the easiest specials now.
  • Options
    MasterFlintMasterFlint Posts: 97
    I'm having a huge problem with this.
    This is what I've noticed:
    The timing seems off on blocking/parrying
    Sometimes I don't block at all even though I'm holding down my thumb.
    If I really smash my thumb down that seems to help.

Please fix this, I've taken so much damage in quests already. This has led to deaths as well...
  • Options
    Stevie_Stars1Stevie_Stars1 Posts: 253
    I thought this was just me
  • Options
    NMEONESNMEONES Posts: 260 ★★
    I still can't believe how much more it cost me to do this LOL run. Blew a ton of revives because of this issue
  • Options
    Stevie_Stars1Stevie_Stars1 Posts: 253
    Maybe because I'm doing harder content but it feels like you get ahead and are doing well only for the A.I. to go "Wait! We need to cheat to beat this guy"... Next thing I know I'm trying to bait an L1 or something and I'm lead footed. To which I get smashed by a heavy or something. Definetly feels sketchy to me.
This discussion has been closed.