**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Lost prefight abilities in incursion

JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 790 ★★★★
edited March 2023 in Bugs and Known Issues
Anyone know why I lost the Harold and Odin pre fights on my herc in incursion? This happened on zone 19 and now I feel like I’m screwed.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 790 ★★★★

• ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    Most likely your game crashed at some point. Also, I'm calling them "Harold pre-fights" from now on.
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    I cannot prove this, but I am pretty sure that the programming is set to expire after a certain number of fights and not actually to the end of the quest. I don’t think they had the use of these pre-fights in mind for incursions when they set it up, especially considering that everything else is like 20 fights or less. Or maybe they did have incursions in mind and just didn’t want the pre-fights to last the whole time.
  • AntsiouAntsiou Posts: 168 ★★
    My experience with prefight (herald, horseman, etc) is that in the event of crash, they are not carried forward. I’ve seen threads about it in AOL, AQ, SQ, gauntlet etc.
    I’ve no idea if this is by design or a side effect (aka bug).
    I’ve been able to play incursion over 24 h with the app being closed several times, without loosing prefights. There was no crash though so I’ve been lucky on this side.
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,748 ★★★★★
    Did you force close the game to avoid dying?
  • JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 790 ★★★★
    No, I timed out of a tough fight and then they were gone. Happened again a few zones later where this time I clicked fight and instantly lost connection before even getting into the fight, and they were gone again.

Not sure if it’s intended to lose the prefights that way, but it’s silly if that’s the case.
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,165 ★★★★
    If you force close the app OR the app crashes mid-fight in Incursions (this is also tied to other game modes but don't have a definitive list), whatever persistent prefights you had applied for the champion being used to fight are lost...

Any persistent prefights you had applied to other champions on the team that were NOT being used on attack for that particular fight that had the force close or crash will still persist.

This has been my experience.
  • BullDOSRBullDOSR Posts: 16
    Lol I just made a post about this same issue, I didn’t see this thread until after but the same thing happened to me. Lost Harold and Odin prefights. I didn’t hard close the game. Just took a break and logged back in later in the day to continue and they were gone