**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Ice Phoenix's Coldsnap & Voodoo's Ability To Increase Energy Resist While Blocking

I would like to report a suspected bug. Voodoo has an ability to increase energy resistance while blocking. I am noticing that the Coldsnap (energy) damage taken while fighting Ice Phoenix in the uncollected event is unchanged whether or not I am blocking. Can someone tell me why Voodoo would not be able to reduce this damage?

Comments

• MannysmokerMannysmoker Posts: 314
    I was about to make a post related to this very issue, He's supposed to gain 2000 energy resistance (4* 5/50) yet the damage goes as if you aren't blocking...
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    The damage u take from cold snap is from an offensive passive ability. I think the 2000 bonus from voodoo is for actual attacks u can block, not passives.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    So for DV, you actually have have to be blocking before getting coldsnap to reduce the damage (which you can't). He also can't reduce limbo damage unless Magik procs limbo from a buff expiring (due to powergain from MD) while DV is blocking. His energy resistance is mostly an useless ability other than for blocking energy based basic/special attacks
    Mordo, on the other hand, should be able to reduce coldsnap damage by a lot while blocking
  • bigmull1bigmull1 Posts: 45
    mydnight wrote: »
    The damage u take from cold snap is from an offensive passive ability. I think the 2000 bonus from voodoo is for actual attacks u can block, not passives.
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    So for DV, you actually have have to be blocking before getting coldsnap to reduce the damage (which you can't). He also can't reduce limbo damage unless Magik procs limbo from a buff expiring (due to powergain from MD) while DV is blocking. His energy resistance is mostly an useless ability other than for blocking energy based basic/special attacks
    Mordo, on the other hand, should be able to reduce coldsnap damage by a lot while blocking

Blocking with Voodoo always worked on Iceman before. Unlike Magik’s Limbo (which is a buff on Magik), Coldsnap puts a debuff on you. It is just not working now. I only have one more Ice Phoenix to fight, so I guess it is moot. You won MCOC.
  • BinawayawhileBinawayawhile Posts: 287
    MCOC always wins, even when they lose
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    bigmull1 wrote: »
    mydnight wrote: »
    GbSarkar wrote: »

Blocking with Voodoo always worked on Iceman before. Unlike Magik’s Limbo (which is a buff on Magik), Coldsnap puts a debuff on you. It is just not working now. I only have one more Ice Phoenix to fight, so I guess it is moot. You won MCOC.

From what I remember, DV never reduced coldsnap damage. Where did you notice reduced damage?

Also, limbo is not a buff. It is a passive ability. The timer you see under Magik's health bar is just that—a simple timer. It only indicates if limbo is active or not.