**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

War Group mismatch

Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
One of my former alliance members and a friend of mine started an alliance a little while ago and were doing well for a newbie alliance.

Until this happend.

OFeRbgE.jpg

PsQfKfEh.jpg

PMtR3zHh.jpg

How the he'll does an alliance that's only 600k+ with an average member of 21k, get matched against a 6 mill plus alliance with an average member of 300k+.

This an other instances have shown us that the match making system that kabam has is completely broken and riddicouls, and needs an complete overhaul.

What's the worst alliance mismatch you've had, maybe we can get them all together and show kabam how broken their system is though I doubt it'll do much or anything yet except show them what many of us know

Comments

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    If a new alliance with veteran players develops them you can get matched with them if you have the same war rsting
    Rating
  • DesT_ToxiCDesT_ToxiC Posts: 9
    It's most likely an upcoming alliance that has stacked members. I was once in an upcoming alliance and we steam rolled the bottom tiers. The rating difference was a few million points.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    War rating 353 vs 358....rating is the primary tool used to match, so just bad luck.
  • spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    I've been on the other side of this recently. We're an 8 million alliance. My alliance dissolved after 12.0, and some of our guys joined a new alliance with some other really experienced guys. We had a war rating of 0 with an alliance rating of 8 million. It was a huge pain in the ass to work out way up to tier 2/3, which is where we belong. But that's the system that Kabam has created. Your matchups are based entirely on your war rating. It's one of the reasons I hate AW.

Sorry that happened to your friend, but their opponents are probably just as annoyed to be wasting their time.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited June 2017
    I know it's by rating, but my point is that these types of matchups shouldn't happen and there should be other factors that go into it rather than that so this these matchup shouldn't happen

Having to face an alliance that's 10x bigger than yours who's average member is almost 15x bigger than yours is riddicouls.

They need to revamp the match making system, it should factor the alliance rating, the total member rating and spit out one that's close to yours instead of just going by the war rating by itself.

I see people all the time talking about how they get matched against alliances who are way bigger than them and that they have no hope of winning.

• AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    They would have to add in Prestige as a factor if they were to add in anything else. Rating is highly inaccurate, as some people level every champ ever, and some sell anyone they don't have an immediate use for.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    If they based it off of those characteristics, the alliance in question would be fighting an ally closer to 1k (maybe?) in war rating. A win vs that ally would increase their rating by around 400+ pts and decrease the other ally by the same. Is it ok in your mind for the ally that loses to them in this scenario is kicked down a few war tiers because of one tough matchup? The whole system is based off war rating. They would need to design a new system, not just add another level.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Their system has always been flawed, you can have alliances with the same war rating and have yourself completely out matched like my friends or other people who keep making threads about them.

Kabam's logic in this in is flawed , let's say the same thing happens to you if your a leader and you get matched up with an alliance who's 10-20x + higher and have no hope of winning it.

Yeah they would have to, and not really if it takes everything into account it would put them against an even, almost even stronger or weaker alliance where there's a better chance to win and be competitive.

By having it just war rating based all kinds of things could happen, you can get matched up against way stronger alliances or way weaker ones.

There's always people saying they need to do something about the war matches, and besides they are constantly changing things I wouldn't be surprised if they changed war to
    edited June 2017
    One possible solution is to change the number of war rating points you get based on the margin of victory. Right now, you get about 60 points for a win or lose about 60 points when you lose. If an 8m alliance starts with a war rating of zero, it takes forever to increase your war rating to 1700 or so when you can only gain 60 points at a time. If they changed the scoring system, I think it would help to reduce this. Let's say an 8m alliance with a war rating of 0 goes up against a beginner alliance with a war rating of 0. The 8m alliance will get 100% exploration in all 3 bgs (let's say they score 130,000 points for the sake of this example), and the beginner alliance probably won't score many points at all (let's say zero). That's a difference of 130,000 points. That should increase your war rating significantly. On the other hand, if you beat a similarly matched alliance with a score of 130,000 to 125,000, that's only a victory margin of 5,000 points. Then the increase in war rating would only be a couple of points.

Does that make sense? Seems like it would do a lot to fix this problem in the future.
  • spumington wrote: »
    One possible solution is to change the number of war rating points you get based on the margin of victory. Right now, you get about 60 points for a win or lose about 60 points when you lose. If an 8m alliance starts with a war rating of zero, it takes forever to increase your war rating to 1700 or so when you can only gain 60 points at a time. If they changed the scoring system, I think it would help to reduce this. Let's say an 8m alliance with a war rating of 0 goes up against a beginner alliance with a war rating of 0. The 8m alliance will get 100% exploration in all 3 bgs (let's say they score 130,000 points for the sake of this example), and the beginner alliance probably won't score many points at all (let's say zero). That's a difference of 130,000 points. That should increase your war rating significantly. On the other hand, if you beat a similarly matched alliance with a score of 130,000 to 125,000, that's only a victory margin of 5,000 points. Then the increase in war rating would only be a couple of points.

Does that make sense? Seems like it would do a lot to fix this problem in the future.

Thanks for the well thought our suggestion! I'm going to make sure the team sees this.
    spumington wrote: »

Thanks for the well thought our suggestion! I'm going to make sure the team sees this.

It could be a terrible idea too. After your war rating evens out to where you should be, you're constantly going to get matchups that are very similar to you. As it is, you beat other alliances on 2-3 win streaks when you're climbing, then you get blown up by stronger alliances in 2-3 loss streaks when you're falling. Over the long term, it's about a 50% win rate. AW is already monotonous because of this, and the shards you get are basically just based on participation. My suggestion could make it even more tedius. It's worth discussing, I suppose. No way to know how it would work out until you look at it.
    A thread worked!

You're welcome.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    I still say the idea of Seasons would be a good way to introduce new Rewards and alleviate some of tbe bad matches. As in Diablo 3. Every Season, the War Rating is wiped. It would begin with a Placement Phase. Each Ally would build War Rating based on similar Ally Ratings. Towards the end of the Season, War Rating would be the predominant factor in Matchmaking. Each Season would allow for each Ally to advance more. It could allow Titles, Special War Events, and would basically alleviate some of the extreme differences in Matchmaking we've had since the Tiers changed. It's an idea.
    As I see it, the system matches based on 3 factors. Alliance Rating, Average Player Rating, and War Rating. It all depends on the closest Match that is searching at that time. The default seems to be War Rating. If the Ally/Average Rating is not close at the time we Match, it defaults to War Rating. That's my understanding, anyway.
  • AndyAndy Posts: 33
    The whole tier system is poor unfortunately. It is true war is just a roller coaster, win streak then lose streak. Annihilate tiers please. Some brainstorming definitely does need to be done here.

I agree. Im in tier 1. It is just tedius. War rating doesnt work anymore. Needs to be redone. You win 3 then lose 3 then win 3 then lose 3. Its quite boring and annoying. A little waste of time when you are on the start of the lose streak. You know you have at least 2 more losses coming...

Take away tiers and initiate something new i say
  • ZerophunkZerophunk Posts: 207
    Dude war is based on prestige not ally size
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited June 2017
    To the best of my knowledge, Prestige has little part in it.
    Love the suggestion @spumington