I’m losing my mind fighting Doc Oc in Cavalier EQ

ProjecteXProjecteX Member Posts: 53
I understand he power-drains the attacker on every hit as he gains an armor up. This is dealing ridiculous amounts of damage and took out my full team easily. Do I have anything in my roster to counter this ? I can’t see anything obvious I can use.
Any help appreciated massively

Comments

• JoeblowJoeblow Member Posts: 22
    Venompool does well
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,954 Guardian

Joeblow said:

Venompool does well

Where do you see a venompool in OPs roster?

These are some champs needed: Terrax, Galan, hulkling, venom, venompool, King groot etc, You can try falcon too.

Send your only cosmic roster.
    Adding to this, Falcon when locked on is also an answer
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,886 ★★★★★
    edited April 2023
    The main thing is: you just have to not block him. He won't gain armour nearly so much, although he will get breakthrough armour.

This is a node designed to punish simple play, and push you to use skills like intercept and Dexterity, instead of blocking/partying. Is that something you can do?

If not, I haven't tried Falcon on this particular node; but there are very few defensive abilities he can't get around when he's Locked On. Have you tried him?

You could possibly play it really slow with someone like Ebony Maw, playing really defensive and backing off except when you've got a Falter up.

Invisible Woman can help you do the same: just dodge, stay invisible as much as possible and never block a hit (try not to even press your block if you can - that should keep him less aggressive). If you're not great at dexterity, she's a really good champion to help you practice it. Her Forcefield should also (theoretically) take some of the damage for her; although again: I haven't tried this out.

I do think she's underrated and useful to a developing player though - take a look here if you like: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/202646/an-alternative-perspective-on-invisible-woman

Ultimately, if you're road-blocked this month, use the time to concentrate on Story Quest, and practice those Intercept and Dexterity skills. In a few months, you won't even remember missing out on a few rewards.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,446 Guardian

CapIW with a cosmic to keep armor ups a bay - maybe. Sersi gains transmutation charges when the opponent gains an armor, so you could throw some big SP2s, but probably wouldn’t survive long enough. Without a power drain immune champ or a dupe on Herc, Cap may be your best/only option.

Sersi would be great, but you have to block or parry or get hit up to sp2 because the power drain will never let you get there.

Sorcerer supreme with great gameplay (never hitting your block) can do it too.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,114 ★★★★★
    Herc w/ CapIW. You’ll get 2 armor break counters that way and both have multi hit specials so you’ll only need to connect with 3 heavys
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Member Posts: 1,782 ★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

Herc w/ CapIW. You’ll get 2 armor break counters that way and both have multi hit specials so you’ll only need to connect with 3 heavys

I did this.
  • mbracembrace Member Posts: 886 ★★★
    Venompool and Galan will restore your sanity.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    7714dtl said:

Maybe don't push to hard on content when you just don't have the right champs. A little roster development might help. When you have 4*s in your top 18 champs your options become pretty limited when talking about Cavalier.

Agreed. This blocked my alt because I had no options.
  • Viking_St3v3Viking_St3v3 Member Posts: 153 ★★
    BigBlueOx said:

I Herc’d this easy. But yours is not duped so it’s harder.

My son used Galan. That is even easier than the Herc fight.
  • Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Member Posts: 1,001 ★★★
    I don't see him but knull destroyed this fight....
  • ChikelChikel Member Posts: 2,105 ★★★★
    Hercules with CapIW synergy. Parry heavy the entire fight
  • ProjecteXProjecteX Member Posts: 53
    7714dtl said:

Maybe don't push to hard on content when you just don't have the right champs. A little roster development might help. When you have 4*s in your top 18 champs your options become pretty limited when talking about Cavalier.

So you’re ‘advice’ is don’t push content ? How am I supposed to develop my roster without the gold/iso/cat’s from pushing content. What’s the point in being condescending, just don’t comment at all if you have nothing helpful to say ?
    Chikel said:

Hercules with CapIW synergy. Parry heavy the entire fight

I’ll try it after work tonight, much appreciated

The main thing is: you just have to not block him. He won't gain armour nearly so much, although he will get breakthrough armour.

This is a node designed to punish simple play, and push you to use skills like intercept and Dexterity, instead of blocking/partying. Is that something you can do?

If not, I haven't tried Falcon on this particular node; but there are very few defensive abilities he can't get around when he's Locked On. Have you tried him?

You could possibly play it really slow with someone like Ebony Maw, playing really defensive and backing off except when you've got a Falter up.

Invisible Woman can help you do the same: just dodge, stay invisible as much as possible and never block a hit (try not to even press your block if you can - that should keep him less aggressive). If you're not great at dexterity, she's a really good champion to help you practice it. Her Forcefield should also (theoretically) take some of the damage for her; although again: I haven't tried this out.

I do think she's underrated and useful to a developing player though - take a look here if you like: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/202646/an-alternative-perspective-on-invisible-woman

Ultimately, if you're road-blocked this month, use the time to concentrate on Story Quest, and practice those Intercept and Dexterity skills. In a few months, you won't even remember missing out on a few rewards.

Very insightful, I’ll try falcon cap and invisible women. Thanks for the help
  • Salve_maker05Salve_maker05 Member Posts: 418 ★★★

CapIW with a cosmic to keep armor ups a bay - maybe. Sersi gains transmutation charges when the opponent gains an armor, so you could throw some big SP2s, but probably wouldn’t survive long enough. Without a power drain immune champ or a dupe on Herc, Cap may be your best/only option.

Also Herc has a synergy with Cap IW that whenever he completes a feat he inflicts an armour break.
  • SammyDeSammyDe Member Posts: 1,083 ★★★
    Good luck mate, Dr Ock and Mysterio are my two stumbling blocks in this month’s EQ. You can do it.
  • GhostFace2022GhostFace2022 Member Posts: 168
    Galan (power drain immune and if he's duped it will give him planetary mass very easily)
    Valkyrie (never have to hit the opponent directly)
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,980 ★★★★★
    edited April 2023
    Any reason King Groot wouldn’t work here? Power burn immune and easy access to armor break.

To be fair, I used Galan and Hulkling my first runs but didn’t see them on the roster.

Dr. Zola
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 3,106 ★★★★★
    edited April 2023
    DrZola said:

Any reason King Groot wouldn’t work here? Power burn immune and easy access to armor break.

To be fair, I used Galan and Hulkling my first runs but didn’t see them on the roster.

Dr. Zola

King Groot would work fine for this fight. Not one of OP’s revealed options so he hasn’t come up.
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,980 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

King Groot would work fine for this fight.
    So many folks sleep on the immortal tree…

Dr. Zola

Galan (power drain immune and if he's duped it will give him planetary mass very easily)
    Valkyrie (never have to hit the opponent directly)

The OP doesn’t show having either of those champs, so while they would both work they’re also not going to help them get this fight done.
    edited April 2023

Also Herc has a synergy with Cap IW that whenever he completes a feat he inflicts an armour break.
    That is true, Cap is just more of a sure thing in that you break the armor on the parry instead of needing to hit him which is where the power burn would happen. So if you parry heavy with Herc, then unless you wait out the stun you would be power burned on the first hit of the heavy attack every time. Cap at least is less likely to have to worry about that. If the Herc was duped that would be the answer no question. The two of them together can probably 2-shot it worst case.
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

King Groot would work fine for this fight.
    So many folks sleep on the immortal tree…

Dr. Zola
    Got mine at R4 and max sig. Oh, you took 20% of my health from that combo? Mind if I regen all of it over the next 5 seconds?
  • Vance2_jrVance2_jr Member Posts: 737 ★★★
    Galan absolutely ruins him. Completely.
  • PoethellPoethell Member Posts: 139
    Thx everyone! You made it a lot easier with Venompool and Hulkling!
  • psp742psp742 Member Posts: 2,546 ★★★★
    King Groot.. armor break and has regen.. poison damage in sp2 is pretty potent if high stack of fury.
  • IRQIRQ Member Posts: 323 ★★
    Nobody mentions red Mags? First thing I check on new bosses is whether they are a) Archangelable and b) Magnetoable and this one ticks b), especially given the right playstyle for the Aegis node.
  • ninexhelixninexhelix Member Posts: 136
    I used Galan on TB version, king Groot, venompool, hulkling, red goblin on the Cav version just for giggles. Red Mags worked easily as well. Didn't see him in the roster, but if you have a ranked 4 star it's doable.