**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

TOO MUCH HERCULES LOVE

2»

Comments

• Phantomfire500Phantomfire500 Posts: 227 ★★
    edited April 2023
    Typhoon said:

Fwiw, probably not going to see a 7* Herc for years.

See: 6* quake, ghost

I can see my 6* Ghost, she's at R4.

She's also been in the 6* basic pool since December 2018.
  • Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 735 ★★★
    Wait until Kabam gods give you a 6 star Herc buddy
  • OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,166 ★★★★
    No immunities, no counter for buffs, not armor breaker, not debuff damage, no counter for evade, small counter for miss, relies on aggressive opponents and intercepts, also he’s awaken ability makes a difference but means you have to “die” to have access to it. Over all, he’s good on physical damage, but I don’t get all the hype. I choose CGR, Hulkling or Galan over him most of the times
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 770 ★★★★

No immunities, no counter for buffs, not armor breaker, not debuff damage, no counter for evade, small counter for miss, relies on aggressive opponents and intercepts, also he’s awaken ability makes a difference but means you have to “die” to have access to it. Over all, he’s good on physical damage, but I don’t get all the hype. I choose CGR, Hulkling or Galan over him most of the times

My brother in Christ, do you know about synergies?
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    SpaceCorp said:

Now, I know Hercules is amazing and he is great for quite a bit of stuff, but he is not good for everything. There are currently better champs now, with the likes of Absorbing Man, Sandman, Hulkling, Galan, and hopefully when he comes, Adam Warlock. All Im saying is that you all really need to expand horizons on not making Herc better than every single champ in the game cause he really isnt. This is my opinion and I would love to see your guys thoughts.

I have a r5 Herc and i beg to differ 😂
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,758 ★★★★★
    edited April 2023

Resists bleed and poison and can do even more with herald, doesn’t even need immunities because can can take everything at 1%, he has armor break with synergies, he doesn’t need debuff damage because he has burst on all his attacks, his infuriate literally makes the opponent aggressive and it’s so easy to intercept. Nice try though lol

Kabam has stated that they would nerf him if he was a part of the rebalance program. If he was this simplistic, there wouldn’t be that debate
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,282 ★★★★
    SpaceCorp said:

Now, I know Hercules is amazing and he is great for quite a bit of stuff, but he is not good for everything. There are currently better champs now, with the likes of Absorbing Man, Sandman, Hulkling, Galan, and hopefully when he comes, Adam Warlock. All Im saying is that you all really need to expand horizons on not making Herc better than every single champ in the game cause he really isnt. This is my opinion and I would love to see your guys thoughts.

Your first sentence is entirely true. Everything after that is your personal opinion, especially if you are not explaining why those listed champions are better than Herc (adding on an unreleased Adam Warlock clearly shows a bias against Hercules, as you are already showing a mindset that Herc is inferior just because).

You are entirely welcome to think that Sandman > Hercules (most people would say you're wrong). But if you want other people to stop putting Hercules above every other champion, you (and other players who don't think Herc is that good) need to prove it and prove it over time.

People aren't just saying that Herc is one of the best champions in the game for no reason. It is based on his kit, how he performs in general use, how he performs in short content, how he performs when defenders/nodes are stacked against him, how he performs on entire paths, and how he performs on everest content.

As a side point: Do you know how I know that Hercules > Absorbing Man? Kabam officially had to include an ability in Absorbing Man to try to nerf Hercules (reduction of Immortality and Indestructible).
  • PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,644 Guardian
    Agreed, herc is too boring to play. I just brought him for one path of 8.2 so Sersi had guaranteed crits on her specials through block.
  • Longshot_33Longshot_33 Posts: 349 ★★★
    The best champ in the game bar none and not one champ even comes close. Has redefined and entire set of rules for champ production. First we had Hercules and Kitty. They couldn’t nerf them. They decided to hold back and make champs not so powerful for fear of repeating the mistake. People didn’t buy champs and lost interest. So to ensure they could open up the chance of releasing something with a bit of spark they made the balancing program as a get out jail free card to guard against any future Hercs/Kitty’s.

The entire revive fiasco was purely done because of him.

You could say the entire reason 7 stars were even brought in was as a way to phase out Herc. No other champ has been openly regretted more than Herc, banned more in war, completed more content (AQ and Incursions is essentially purely Hercules dominated) War would be if not for bans - likely why bans were brought in, in the first place.

Forget what Galan and anyone else does. It’s not what Herc can do. It’s what he prevents. Death, hence revives, hence money and units. He stays alive when all champs would be dead and doesn’t care what is trying to kill him. Zero damage from any source. And all the time u are free to wail on your opponent in an unblockable state to put things right and win the fight anyway. Let me see sandman do that 😭
  • LeanbisonLeanbison Posts: 119 ★★
    I just finished 8.2. I only used herc on one path in the whole chapter. So he isn’t necessary to complete tough content. However he is the best champ in the game hands down. I use him every day in AQ map 8 and able to take 15 fights everyday with him. I dont know of another champ that I could do that with.
  • IryseIryse Posts: 462 ★★★
    Tell that to wolverine and you might see yourself in pieces
  • KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 446 ★★★
    I mean…there’s a reason when the content gets hard enough(look at EOP) the answer has always been “just use Herc”
    I mean I avoid using him bc it’s just boring to me but it is what it is really lol
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,106 ★★★★
    We truly live in a world of "alternative facts"....
  • JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 810 ★★★★
    I only need 5 cosmic 6 stars. 5 nexus abyss and still no herc. He hates me, I hate him. I’m about to use generic on someone else :(
  • Saru2244Saru2244 Posts: 181
    I'm never quite sure what the point of such discussions is. Every champ has their strengths and weaknesses, every champ has their counters. So it is clear that there is no one champ that works for everything and everywhere. It always depends on the respective content, which champ can use at the moment. Herc simply has the advantage that he does an incredible amount of damage and is relatively easy to play. Of course, this combo makes it popular and that's why there's a lot of talk about it. Personally, I like Scorpion a lot and find its utility simply outstanding. But everyone has their own opinion and why should it bother me when other people talk about Herc?

• HenriqueSCCPHenriqueSCCP Posts: 413 ★★★
    Typhoon said:

Fwiw, probably not going to see a 7* Herc for years.

See: 6* quake, ghost

Hercules 7*, Ghost 7* and Quake 6*, the kabam has to take time to add, these three are game breaking.
  • OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,166 ★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Resists bleed and poison and can do even more with herald, doesn’t even need immunities because can can take everything at 1%, he has armor break with synergies, he doesn’t need debuff damage because he has burst on all his attacks, his infuriate literally makes the opponent aggressive and it’s so easy to intercept. Nice try though lol

Kabam has stated that they would nerf him if he was a part of the rebalance program. If he was this simplistic, there wouldn’t be that debate
    His resistances are a joke. If you need synergies to make a champ good, then he’s not good at all. And if can take everything at 1% you do have to die to get it, which makes no sense to me. And not all the opponents get aggressive everyone knows this ability of him doesn’t work everywhere
  • PandingoPandingo Posts: 698 ★★★
    These threads are getting boring. No champ is broken. Herc is close. But he still dies all the time and is worthless in certain situations. Don't use him if you get him. There. Your problem is solved.
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,108 ★★★★

Emilia90 said:

His resistances are a joke. If you need synergies to make a champ good, then he’s not good at all. And if can take everything at 1% you do have to die to get it, which makes no sense to me. And not all the opponents get aggressive everyone knows this ability of him doesn’t work everywhere
    But he doesn't need the synergies to be good? The synergies are just a bonus. Also while immortality is active he's unblockable so you don't need the opponent to be aggressive at that point. Hate the champion all you want, but there is no denying that he's the best in the entire game.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Bro do you even Herc?
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

1% ≠ die
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    The thing about Hercules is that he is very, very good for basically all content out there. It's one thing to be a god in Battlegrounds and quite another to tackle something like the EOP. Hercules works in both, plus in AW, plus in AQ, plus in regular story content.

As others have said, he's not my most-used champion in every piece of content I play. He is, however, my most-used champion in the hardest content I play, whatever that may be. If you had a Hercules of any kind, you immediately cut down the difficulty level of EOP: Acceptance by something like 50%. While Kabam blamed people getting through those objectives so quickly on the excessive revives, it really was Hercules who was the crux that even allowed people to breeze through those paths over and over again so quickly.