**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Android Users Being Locked Out on 6/2

2»

Comments

• Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 628 ★★★
    Miiike
    I know you can't decide, but:

1) It is less expensive for the company to give all users (or all Android users) a good compensation than to investigate so much (stats, analysis, different rewards depending on players, posts on the forum after the rewards will be sent...).

2) It is better to give to players the feeling "Ok, there was the biggest incident, but we got a very good compensation, so let's forget it" than "There was the bigfest incident and all we had is 3 revives level 2 as compensation. We will remember for the next incident and bad change".

So for once, it will be better and easier to be generous to satisfy the big majority. And it will be easier for the next mess :-)
  • vrtovrto Posts: 218 Content Creator
    edited June 2017
    Maverick75 wrote: »
    Miiike
    I know you can't decide, but:

1) It is less expensive for the company to give all users (or all Android users) a good compensation than to investigate so much (stats, analysis, different rewards depending on players, posts on the forum after the rewards will be sent...).

2) It is better to give to players the feeling "Ok, there was the biggest incident, but we got a very good compensation, so let's forget it" than "There was the bigfest incident and all we had is 3 revives level 2 as compensation. We will remember for the next incident and bad change".

So for once, it will be better and easier to be generous to satisfy the big majority. And it will be easier for the next mess :-)

It's hard to understand why they never go this way, we are talking about a trade of virtual items for turning customer hate into happiness...
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 628 ★★★
    I add something to my post:
    I had a day off the day of the incident and planned to score a lot this day for Voodoo, even if I didn't start the evening before. With around 480k for a round, I could compensate this little late. Instead of that I scored 150k because the arena contest was lost.
    So distinguished rewards will give you a lot of comments of unsatisfied players in the same case.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    We have commented on this in other threads, but I'll let you guys know here as well:

We're still investigating who was affected and how much before we start making any decisions on what to do. It's not as simple as "it was all Android users", because it wasn't, and it affected different players in many different ways, so we're gonna make sure we look at the whole situation first.

We'll keep you guys updated as we get more information.

Almost a week has past and nothing has been done. All Android users in my alliance were affected. If something isn't done then I will go further up from kabam and talk with Google or my bank. This is ridiculous. We lost too many hours and rewards and all we get is some **** like what is posted above. How about doing sonething besides blowing smoke up our asses and trying to cover the screwed up situation so people forget and move on. I won't stop until this is corrected.
  • Joey0480Joey0480 Posts: 100
    Doing an investigation and calculating stats seems like an excuse. This isn't the era of chalk and chalk boards. Simple programming can pull this if you need it.

Don't continue to make folks irate...just answer the question and sooner than later.
  • Spidey076Spidey076 Posts: 310
    Im from india according to IST zone this blackout start approx 12:00pm and end at 9:00pm.literally for indian users its whole day and most time past for arena even though i score 5.5mil but wasting my time just now i thought i just wasted my time.
    @Kabam Miike
  • BZ_BZ_ Posts: 26
    Any news @Kabam Miike ?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    What do you mean with "it affected different players in many different ways"? Does than mean that some players will have a bigger compensation than others even though they were all disconnected?
  • Thechamp8556Thechamp8556 Posts: 33
    Stop begging and man up. You lost it's just that simple. Sound like some cry babies.
    As I suggested earlier, release any data correlation to the difference in frequency of rewards for iOS users and Android users during this time frame. If we were unable to log in, the integrity of the game is compromised. What percentage of Android users got rank rewards in the guardians hero use event vs. apple users ? Provide us real details that explain the lack of action. 33% of an event timer was lost for the solo event, 10% for arena. That is significant especially considering iOS users were not affected.

Everything we have been told so far has been little more than spin, players were affected and lost rewards. Kabam is dragging this out like it's not a big deal and is promoting the impression that the outage caused no problems or lost rewards for anyone. So as time drags on, the game they are playing is to make us give up the fight for what we are rightfully owed and give out nothing.

All the data they collect is easily accessible to them and should have already been analyzed and sorted if they had planned on doing anything. We may as well drop it at this point. They are going to screw us over and there is nothing we can do about it but remember and think twice before spending again.
  • Thechamp8556Thechamp8556 Posts: 33
    y4tri617e58i.png
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Their plan is to do nothing and run out the clock
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    What do you mean with "it affected different players in many different ways"? Does than mean that some players will have a bigger compensation than others even though they were all disconnected?

It means that they'll wait till everyone stops mentioning this and no one will get anything
    GbSarkar wrote: »

It means that they'll wait till everyone stops mentioning this and no one will get anything

This is exactly it. There's no reason for such a long delay. I've had units returned that were accidentally used for aq donations in less than an hour. They fixed bautista's quest in minutes. But when customers are the ones being cheated, they ignore and tell us things that aren't 100% honest.
  • JFerg114JFerg114 Posts: 122
    oyot587ch970.gif

Your rewards for not being able to log in as an Android user!!!!!!!
  • seeker1458seeker1458 Posts: 17
    We have commented on this in other threads, but I'll let you guys know here as well:

We're still investigating who was affected and how much before we start making any decisions on what to do. It's not as simple as "it was all Android users", because it wasn't, and it affected different players in many different ways, so we're gonna make sure we look at the whole situation first.

We'll keep you guys updated as we get more information.

I'd like to know in what "different" ways it affected the different players. No one could log in ... so EVERYONE missed out on EVERYTHING ... As was stated earlier, the only acceptable solution is for Kabam to come up with what they consider the "worst possible impact" to a single player. Then compensate the entire Android community according to what Kabaam believes is appropriate.

Is there some list we need to get on to show that we actually tried to login, and weren't able to?
  • Joey0480Joey0480 Posts: 100
    I would just like an answer. Why does it take so long to resolve This?

• wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★
    Manumana wrote: »
    Jaded wrote: »

Figuring out who was effected is step 2 in this process. Rather step 1 is what to do for those effected. Regardless of the amount of people. So information on what the plans are is what people want to hear. If we have to wait weeks for your team to figure out who was effected but knew what the plans where once that was figured out we would drop it...

Not necessarily. Lets say they think this impacted an average of 1 player in every 10 alliances. They would think it didn't have much impact on alliances, and the only thing they need to compensate for is Android users that missed out on 5-10 hours of play time. Instead they do their research and find out that this impacted an average of 10 players in every alliance. Now they feel like they should send compensation both for time lost, as well as for lost rewards from AQ/AW/Alliance events.

They need to hook everyone up. This game has had so many issues for every player on all devices. Its pathetic that we haven't heard a plan or anything. Kabam should be ashamed of how they treated the player base. I'm all for needing time to fix or tweak things but its went on for way too long.

I wanted to do a legends run but now I can't because the game is broken in regards to master difficulty. When will it be enough?

The whole player base from new players to veteran players need to see a goodwill gesture.
  • VTA92VTA92 Posts: 374 ★★★
    wray1976 wrote: »
    Manumana wrote: »
    Jaded wrote: »

Figuring out who was effected is step 2 in this process. Rather step 1 is what to do for those effected. Regardless of the amount of people. So information on what the plans are is what people want to hear. If we have to wait weeks for your team to figure out who was effected but knew what the plans where once that was figured out we would drop it...

Not necessarily. Lets say they think this impacted an average of 1 player in every 10 alliances. They would think it didn't have much impact on alliances, and the only thing they need to compensate for is Android users that missed out on 5-10 hours of play time. Instead they do their research and find out that this impacted an average of 10 players in every alliance. Now they feel like they should send compensation both for time lost, as well as for lost rewards from AQ/AW/Alliance events.

They need to hook everyone up. This game has had so many issues for every player on all devices. Its pathetic that we haven't heard a plan or anything. Kabam should be ashamed of how they treated the player base. I'm all for needing time to fix or tweak things but its went on for way too long.

I wanted to do a legends run but now I can't because the game is broken in regards to master difficulty. When will it be enough?

The whole player base from new players to veteran players need to see a goodwill gesture.

But that Summoner Appreciation....
  • LolmacheteLolmachete Posts: 10
    We need one answer from kabam team..
  • spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    Kpatrix wrote: »
    GbSarkar wrote: »

This is exactly it. There's no reason for such a long delay. I've had units returned that were accidentally used for aq donations in less than an hour. They fixed bautista's quest in minutes. But when customers are the ones being cheated, they ignore and tell us things that aren't 100% honest.

They didn't fix Bautista's quest. They completely changed it from what it was originally intended to be.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    The "right" thing to do would have been to run a 3rd Voodoo arena, like you did for Cable. I don't even care that iOS users could play in it for a 3rd time. You had a chance to make it right, and you passed on that chance, Kabam.

As it stands now, I don't see them doing anything at all to compensate. A full week has gone by and they are still "discussing" it.

Nothing new, I guess. Same **** over and over. You'd think 12.0 would have taught you something.
This discussion has been closed.