**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Update: Adjustments to AW S42

Hey Summoners,
Here to provide an update from the game team:

Season 42 is off to a bit of a rocky start. We’ve seen the feedback on how powerful the prowess truly is and we’ll be toning it down before the upcoming season. Because of the live changes we’ll also be extending the Off-Season by a week to ensure that players have enough time to acclimate themselves with the threat they’ll be facing during the season.

Original Season 42 Start Date: 05/10/2023
NEW Season 42 Start Date: 05/17/2023

Changes to the Tactics:

Prowess Power - 3: Prowess Power - 3: Each Prowess on a #Prowess Power Defender gives them 2% of a Bar of Power a second, maxing at 10 Prowess. When the Defender is Struck by a Critical Hit, or Purifies a Debuff, gain a 10 second Prowess Passive increasing Special Attack Damage by 5%.

Prowess Power - 2: Prowess Power - 3: Each Prowess on a #Prowess Power Defender gives them 1.6% of a Bar of Power a second, maxing at 10 Prowess. When the Defender is Struck by a Critical Hit, or Purifies a Debuff, gain a 10 second Prowess Passive increasing Special Attack Damage by 5%.

Prowess Power - 3: Prowess Power - 3: Each Prowess on a #Prowess Power Defender gives them 1% of a Bar of Power a second, maxing at 10 Prowess. When the Defender is Struck by a Critical Hit, or Purifies a Debuff, gain a 10 second Prowess Passive increasing Special Attack Damage by 5%.

Also, we will be correcting the Black/Whitelisted Champions to ensure that the right champs are in and out of Season 42!

Thanks,

-MCOC Team

Comments

• Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,675 Guardian
    Glad to hear that the season is going to be pushed back a week! Hopefully the new power gain doesn't get as out of control as it did before.
  • Options
    ValmezValmez Posts: 74
    edited May 2023
    Please look into the interaction between Skill champs and 'Protection' nodes like Ebb & Flow Knock-down, I used a tactic attacker today and did not remove his prowess as the defender had suicides on and began the fight purifying debuff immediately. Hitting the defender did not remove prowess.
  • Options
    A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 540 ★★★
    Extending the off season serves no purpose if no one places bosses. Can't practice against the new global anyway.
  • Options
    ChuckD05ChuckD05 Posts: 173
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

Season 42 is off to a bit of a rocky start. We’ve seen the feedback on how powerful the prowess truly is and we’ll be toning it down before the upcoming season. Because of the live changes we’ll also be extending the Off-Season by a week to ensure that players have enough time to acclimate themselves with the threat they’ll be facing during the season.

Changes to the Tactics:

Prowess Power - 3: Prowess Power - 3: Each Prowess on a #Prowess Power Defender gives them 2% of a Bar of Power a second, maxing at 10 Prowess. When the Defender is Struck by a Critical Hit, or Purifies a Debuff, gain a 10 second Prowess Passive increasing Special Attack Damage by 5%.

Prowess Power - 2: Prowess Power - 3: Each Prowess on a #Prowess Power Defender gives them 1.6% of a Bar of Power a second, maxing at 10 Prowess. When the Defender is Struck by a Critical Hit, or Purifies a Debuff, gain a 10 second Prowess Passive increasing Special Attack Damage by 5%.

Prowess Power - 3: Prowess Power - 3: Each Prowess on a #Prowess Power Defender gives them 1% of a Bar of Power a second, maxing at 10 Prowess. When the Defender is Struck by a Critical Hit, or Purifies a Debuff, gain a 10 second Prowess Passive increasing Special Attack Damage by 5%.

Also, we will be correcting the Black/Whitelisted Champions to ensure that the right champs are in and out of Season 42!

Thanks,

-MCOC Team

Thanks. That seems much more reasonable.

With that said, It doesn’t seem like the attack tactic is power-burning what it says it is supposed to.

It works well enough. But seems weaker than advertised. (Tier1)

I also keep hearing about path 5 skill interactions with suicides. Haven’t had a chance to take this myself but have seen some nasty videos.
  • Options
    ChuckD05ChuckD05 Posts: 173
    edited May 2023
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

Changes to the Tactics:

Thanks,

-MCOC Team

Thank you. That seems much more reasonable.

I have a few questions / comments to add:

1. When are these changes going live. Are they already live ? Last war seemed better to me. No boss this war.

2. I keep hearing about interactions on path 5 with skill and suicides and it being “unmanageable”. I have not yet tried it but many have said it’s not good. Has this change been tested with those nodes and skill champs ? 20 to 2 percent is a huge change tho, should be fine.
  • Options
    Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Posts: 607 ★★★
    br10050 said:

The main problem with this tactic is the target characters, who are troublesome as defenders even without the tactic. Additionally, there are too few target characters for the attack tactic, armor burn. If nimrod, omega sentinel, infamous Ironman were banned, there would be much fewer characters to choose from.
    Season42 would be a very unbalanced one.
    The same character like I mentioned above would be banned every time and multiple identical strong defensive characters would be placed.(it’s happened already.) Is this the AW you guys want? Think hard again.

If those three are banned everytime that leaves 23 armor burn attackers to chose from. Also alliances aren’t going to give up diversity points which are guaranteed points in exchange to hopefully net a kill or two from the duplicated “difficult defender”. They toned down the power gain and if you use the armor burn attackers the global is easily countered outside of a few node combos.
  • Options
    This is a massive change, and will make it more manageable to contain the power gain. A good shift for sure
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★

Kinda curious how this works. Mainly Node 22.

Lets place say korg, kp or av there in the pool to attack you will need incenerate and shock immune. Your pool of usable champs gets real small. You need to heavy to get the armour up with tenacity that becomes real tricky as well and heavy intercept of kp heavy is impossible because of unstoppable.

If your champ is shock immune you're pretty much stuck till it changes state as you don't even want a single incenerate on you because Node lowers ability accuracy. All the while your waiting the incenerate phase ai is just gaining prowess and power because of aggressive prowess of the node.

It appears pending bans you're stuck with say col building up his armour during incenerate and hopefully have enough armour ups to survive just parry through the shock phase, while aggression prowess is doing it's thing.

For the most part we'll need to use incinerate immune champs (so Collossus) with Odin stormbreaker prefight
    Other option can be sig200 Future Antman but that too with Odin prefight (preferably)
    Other options are Ghost+Hood or Kitty, but those aren't that reliable
  • Options
    FishhhFishhh Posts: 8
    edited May 2023
    Bad thing is, theres no way you could beat defender with defense tactic, without attacker with attack tactic. Im not a fan of this, with Unsteady, Conduit, Planetary we were always able to do the fight without attack tactic, but know we are not, and theres really not enough counters with attack tactic mainly for Korg, but also Kate or Elsa with suicides, only 4 mutants with attack tactic, 3 usable, Collosus will be always banned, 2 left.
  • Options
    MordMord Posts: 114 ★★

Ghost_Fan said:

So without the feedback you wouldn't have realized the power/ridiculousness of this node?

Hey let's not be negative here mate. We got it changed, and it is a welcome one.
    I mean, the change is an order of magnitude, not some small tweak. Isn't it a legit question to ask how this even happened?

But hey great news, I think the power gain will be much more manageable. Just this morning I was telling my Ally mates I won't be playing wars if this tactic remain as is.
  • Options
    VuskaVuska Posts: 175
    From 20% to 2% ... wow.... let see if this gn will be right or not.
  • Options
    Avenger_A1Avenger_A1 Posts: 266
    Mord said:

Ghost_Fan said:

So without the feedback you wouldn't have realized the power/ridiculousness of this node?

Hey let's not be negative here mate. We got it changed, and it is a welcome one.
    I mean, the change is an order of magnitude, not some small tweak. Isn't it a legit question to ask how this even happened?

But hey great news, I think the power gain will be much more manageable. Just this morning I was telling my Ally mates I won't be playing wars if this tactic remain as is.
    Agree on both counts. And here we hear, "The team doesn't miss." Maybe they lost True Sense for a bit.
  • Options

Kinda curious how this works. Mainly Node 22.

Lets place say korg, kp or av there in the pool to attack you will need incenerate and shock immune. Your pool of usable champs gets real small. You need to heavy to get the armour up with tenacity that becomes real tricky as well and heavy intercept of kp heavy is impossible because of unstoppable.

If your champ is shock immune you're pretty much stuck till it changes state as you don't even want a single incenerate on you because Node lowers ability accuracy. All the while your waiting the incenerate phase ai is just gaining prowess and power because of aggressive prowess of the node.

It appears pending bans you're stuck with say col building up his armour during incenerate and hopefully have enough armour ups to survive just parry through the shock phase, while aggression prowess is doing it's thing.

Yes this was a reason why it was probably nerfed. lots of bad interactions possible.
  • Options
    Mord said:

Ghost_Fan said:

oh totally. I'd like to think it is all the feedback we put on the forums. Along with all the insane videos uploaded. It was a community effort to show how bad it was, and it worked.
  • Options
    Pit_0f_MiseryPit_0f_Misery Posts: 130
    Is the update supposed to take effect this off season war? Cause according to the defensive tactic..its not showing the updated one.
  • Options
    Pit_0f_MiseryPit_0f_Misery Posts: 130
    Still showing 10% a bar or power instead of the 1.6% per second. @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    Yup I checked and it hasn't been updated yet
  • Options
    PrimeSaviour_27PrimeSaviour_27 Posts: 364 ★★★
    Lol they needed the wrong thing lol
  • Options
    willanclarencewillanclarence Posts: 25
    they modified the passive prowess during sp damage, not the power gain. lol