**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Them arenas are getting hard!

SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 887 ★★★
I noticed today after the update, I am facing more death matches in arena. My old method don’t seem to work at Streak 11, 12 and 15 as I am now getting rank 5 doom, absorbing man, Hercules, iDoom, Kitty and kingpin which is a bit annoying.

I used to do two 6*r3 and one 4*r1 for 11 and 12. Today at Streak 15, I used two 5*r5 and one 4*r1 and had to fight either a rank 5 doom or a rank 5 absorbing man (31k). AM’s regen was too much for me…

Here’s another example, probably not the best one but you get the idea:

Now I switched to one rank 3 and one rank 4 at streak 11 and 12 but I am not sure if everyone have that many rank 4s in their roster.

Maybe you can let me know how you do your infinite streak after this update? Thanks for your valuable insight guys!

Comments

• Crys23Crys23 Posts: 726 ★★★★
    edited May 2023
    Beteeen 11-15 use your best teams, or at least 2 R4s and 1 R3. You'll get kang/thanos teams.
    16-20 2 R3s and 1 R2
  • Crys23 said:

Beteeen 11-15 use your best teams, or at least 2 R4s and 1 R3. You'll get kang/thanos teams.
    16-20 2 R3s and 1 R2

This. The arena streak works fine if you follow this. Your r3 6* are quite low PI.
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 650 ★★★
    Crys23 said:

16-20 2 R3s and 1 R2

That's a bit overkill. At 11 you will get Thanos/Kang teams with a team consisting of 1 R3 and 2R2 6*. I don't touch R4s until at least match 16.

Every time the max PI team changes due to new rank availability, I find something close to the minimum PI tram needed to get Thanos/Kang teams at 11, to keep my best teams for rounds 16+.
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,823 ★★★★★
    Interesting how opinions can differ. From my end, I can not get enough of those mega high PI encounters in arena. Gives more points simply. But really depends on the personal roster
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    Not that they are getting harder, but they are taking more time now due to extended screens they added last update
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    KO at Round 16 where rank 1 cuts it previously. :(

• ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    I don't use the 4* method. 1-6 can be anything. I use my best 7-15. I don't use 6r1 until 20+

Same for the next one down, but I use 5r5 for matches 7 to 20. After that I usually just go down to 5r4, but you can do 5r3....I just want units, not trying for champs. Too many bots anyway even if I did have time. I don't have enough 5r5 for going to match 20, so I pause at match 15 and wait for reset. Match 8 to 10 is where I see the hardest matchups.

I leave my 4* for the low arena.
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    Arena is easy.... just spam my r3's at streak 9 and smooth sailing see ya later lol
  • SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 572 ★★★
    Really Suggest You change that tactic, it's really Bad lol
  • Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 461 ★★★
    Something definitely changed for me last week. I've been using the same method for as long as I can remember, but last week I got a horrific match up at round six. Scraped through it, and then got another death match at around 11.

This week, it seems to be back to normal.
    edited May 2023
    Used max 5-Stars in Round 16-20. Pop back 6-Stars r1 in Round 21. Looks fine. :)

edited May 2023
    Still works at Round 27.

Finished up the points with 5-Stars.

• FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★

Still works at Round 27.

Finished up the points with 5-Stars.

Yes, at 21+ a full team of R1 6* or R4+ 5* works fine.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    And this will get much worse with 7 stars on the way. Since they will be joining the pool. As soon are there are regular 7* champs at r2 building up will be harder. I wonder if the Thanos/Kang teams will change to 7* teams instead of 6* teams. Or if they are going to overhaul the arena's completely when 7*'s go above 6* PI.
  • WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 776 ★★★
    I don't think it getting harder, but there are input issues, which result losing the streak. The AI can be sneaky pulling out a invincble node when it's close to death or with being passive or aggressive with specials. But overall, the arena play is the same to me.
  • NearJrNearJr Posts: 147 ★★

I don't think it getting harder, but there are input issues, which result losing the streak. The AI can be sneaky pulling out a invincble node when it's close to death or with being passive or aggressive with specials. But overall, the arena play is the same to me.

You completely missed the point. We're talking about high ranking champions messing with the way the infinite streak behaves. No one is mentioning missed inputs.

Infinite streak will shift as higher ranking champions appear. 6* R5s are more common, a full team of 6* R1s before or after match 16 will likely face more difficult matches.

The game is evolving, so should we.
    NearJr said:

You completely missed the point. We're talking about high ranking champions messing with the way the infinite streak behaves. No one is mentioning missed inputs.

Infinite streak will shift as higher ranking champions appear. 6* R5s are more common, a full team of 6* R1s before or after match 16 will likely face more difficult matches.

I'm not missing the point, I'm not having any issues with the streak after round 15 with whatever champion I use as long it's R3 or above. I'm stating the ONLY issue I have with the arena are input issues.
  • NearJrNearJr Posts: 147 ★★
    The thread is about matchups, everyone here is talking about matchups. You come in here saying "i dont think its harder, its an input issue". You are literally missing the point of this conversation.

"Hey guys, im here to talk about Star Wars, also, how about them Mets!"
    NearJr said:

Also I've used a full team of 6* R1, and it hasn't been an issue for me, but it may be for others. Again, the ONLY issue I had with arena so far are input issues, which I know some haven't had any problems with on arena.
    NearJr said:

The thread is about matchups, everyone here is talking about matchups. You come in here saying "i dont think its harder, its an input issue". You are literally missing the point of this conversation.

"Hey guys, im here to talk about Star Wars, also, how about them Mets!"

I'll add the word "matchup". I'm not see any issues with the "matchup", I do encounter input issues