**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Did Kabam change the beta Iron Man Infinity War by further boosting the plasma potency?

LJFLJF Posts: 172 ★★★
I can't figure out if IMIW buff is the same as the beta or better

In the beta, IMIW buff was poorly done because, although duration of plasma increased, potency didn't increase by a proportional amount, so DPS was lower overall. Now that the update is out, Kabam has also updated its spotlight by editing values as the buff describes. Here's where things get unclear. Based on in-game values, the beta, and Auntmai, IMIW did indeed receive a DPS decrease consistent with the beta values. On the spotlight, however, there appears to be a DPS *increase* in plasma.

I don't see anything from Kabam on what, if any, changes they made to those proposed on the beta. This is complicated by the fact that the beta describes stats for a 6* r3, the spotlight has stats for a 5* r5, and in game I only have a 6* r1.

Comments

• KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    Or maybe the beta version was bugged? 🤷‍♂️
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    Having a Beta is no guarantee that all the feedback will be implemented. I understand what you're saying, but I have yet to see an alteration like this with a detailed comparison. Betas are not the final product.
  • LJFLJF Posts: 172 ★★★
    It's not about whether the beta is correct. It is understanding what the end result is because they appear, based on my analysis, that pre-patch, beta, and post-patch values are all different.

Part of the complication is that the comparisons are based on champions of different rarities and ranks. I am wondering what was intended to end up in game, and if that intention actually made its way there.
  • limeade31limeade31 Posts: 88

That's a 6 star rank 2, no suicides. Not horrible, but definitely not impressive. It feels way better to play as far as not losing plasmas, and even here he definitely had utility.
  • LJFLJF Posts: 172 ★★★
    That would be a great idea. And I can't imagine a small table showing the changes would be hard.

Also, another user reported to me that his IMIW r3 6* has the same plasma potency in game as what's stated in the beta. So it's looking more and more like the spotlight value is wrong. Can Kabam weigh in on what value is right?
  • JerryJiverJerryJiver Posts: 104
    Now that imiw has been released as a 7*, it would be good to hear from kabam about whether the plasma potency is correct in game. The extended debuff durations are nice for playability, but his damage is just too low.

Can you pls confirm whether the plasma potency in game is what’s intended?