**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why is it that I keep fighting paragons each time I try to find a match in battlegrounds?

Laama_134Laama_134 Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in General Discussion
It's very weird because my roster is very small and I am a thronebreaker and for some reason I just find myself fighting a paragon everytime I try to match up and progress in bgs.
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,767 ★★★★
    I think it's matched as per roster. I honestly don't see what progression my oppenent has. Only on very few cases they seem to outmatch me.
  • Options
    Blax999Blax999 Posts: 46
    I am in the same situation (plat 2) and I constantly keep been matched up with paragons. And I don't think this is fair. The rewards are the same for paragons and TB but the cost is very different in the BG store. Plus, I play for fun and I don't think this is fun to be destroyed 3 times in 48h just for 600 trophy tokens. I agree to have less rewards or different cost in the store, but this is not fair to just loose every single game (and knowing it just by seeing the deck of my opponent).
  • Options

You're right. It isn't fair that you were gifted Plat 2 rewards when you don't deserve them.

I played for hours and hours to get to that, and for some of the fight I was happy of how I played. So time spent and skills (not saying I'm skilled though) should be less considered that the roster in the rewards ? I completly disagree but I see your point
  • Options
    BayouemBayouem Posts: 98
    It seems the matchmaking parameters change once you hit platinum and platinum 1 especially. It’s looking like the struggle is to get to and through gold and then if you’re paragon the fights because much more manageable.
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 677 ★★★★
    I started this season as TB and became paragon about halfway through. I noticed since becoming paragon, I'm getting matched much more often with massive rosters, even though my roster only added a R4 and a few more r3. I'm understanding the matchmaking concerns more now
  • Options
    Well I think that matchmaking is broken for everybody (especially for paragons as what is seems) but I don't understand why everybody want that lower accounts get much less rewards. This is not BG rewards that will get us to paragons.
    That is clearly not us that keep parangons stuck, this is bigger accounts and the BAD matchmaking that's all.
  • Options
    Coppin said:

Blax999 said:

Well I think that matchmaking is broken for everybody (especially for paragons as what is seems) but I don't understand why everybody want that lower accounts get much less rewards. This is not BG rewards that will get us to paragons.
    That is clearly not us that keep parangons stuck, this is bigger accounts and the BAD matchmaking that's all.

Because not everything is peewee league based.. and just participating is not enough to get rewarded...
    Lets put it in a different context...
    Should people that 100% 3 Bgs of AQ Map 8 get the same ammount of glory as one that runs map 4?.. they both 100%.. is not like the glory store is gonna get u to Paragon....
    I prefer to get smaller rewards for AQ Map 5/6 but keep doing them and fighting opponents of my strength that doing 1 AQ 8, get full rewards and not be able to play anymore. I don't want full rewards, I just want having a chance to win and get a proper reward. And that's not the same.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Blax999 said:

Coppin said:

Blax999 said:

Because not everything is peewee league based.. and just participating is not enough to get rewarded...
    Should people that 100% 3 Bgs of AQ Map 8 get the same ammount of glory as one that runs map 4?.. they both 100%.. is not like the glory store is gonna get u to Paragon....
    I prefer to get smaller rewards for AQ Map 5/6 but keep doing them and fighting opponents of my strength that doing 1 AQ 8, get full rewards and not be able to play anymore. I don't want full rewards, I just want having a chance to win and get a proper reward. And that's not the same.
    U r getting proper rewards... No one said u shouldnt be rewarded.. but u reached your peak...
  • Options
    Coppin said:

Blax999 said:

Coppin said:

Blax999 said:

U r getting proper rewards... No one said u shouldnt be rewarded.. but u reached your peak...
    I agree, but that's frustrating because for half of the season, I can't play anymore...
  • Options
    SkunkcabbageSkunkcabbage Posts: 204 ★★
    I'm a Paragon and agree that it's unfair - should I really be matched up against a 5* roster (who will just quit out and gift me the win)?
    It's no fun for the Paragon or their opponent if they don't even play against each other because it's such a ridiculous matchup.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,669 Guardian
    Greekhit said:

Pikolu said:

Based on observations, the game stops roster matchmaking in platinum so low accounts don't have a free ride to gladiator circuit

They still have a free ride to Platinum tiers though 😉
    It’s normal that they are complaining because after so many seasons spoiled by prestige matchmaking they feel entitled to reaching GC.
    This is 100% Kabam’s fault for letting it happen for so long in the first place.
    Bring the seeding system and open matchmaking, let the ability to win decide who climbs the ladder and who doesn’t, not matchmaking parameters.
    I’m a 4,2mil account still at Silver2 fighting top tier war players from Bronze tiers that are still at lower VT tiers too, while UC and Cavaliers are at Platinum tiers moaning about “unfair” matches. This is definitely not how a competition should be.
    A match from Bronze2 for those lower accounts who are interested to know how it is for a Paragon to climb from the start:

Is what it is. It'll be better once the seeding system is in place and you don't start in bronze with everyone else.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    I was in the same situation this week. I'm paragon, was still on plat 2, matched 3x cavalier players in a row and all of them quit. Completed the objectives in 2 minutes easy.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

You're in Plat 1. Stop complaining that you have to fight Paragons. Try doing it from Bronze 3.

For people who are Paragon, that shouldn't be an issue. It's the highest current Title. The other alternative is everyone lower. The further lower you go, the less reasonable that is.
This discussion has been closed.