**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What did you do with your 7* shards?

Comments

• Options
    Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    Keeping them for better champs in the 7* pool
    It’s so great to see people liking or loving their underrated 7* champs!
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Would you ever use a *7 Hawkeye over a R4 Nick Fury?

Be honest.

Honestly, I’m not sure I’ve ever actually made that choice before, but hypothetically speaking if those were my only two choices and I was facing unstoppable, like from a science champ like Titania or from a node like buff toggle, then sure. Hawkeye has the guaranteed slow, Nick doesn't. Right tool for the right job.

Once upon a time the devs primarily used raw numbers to make content more difficult. However, since Act 7 Chapter 1 beta, the devs have decided/been persuaded to use more "RPG-like" challenges to create higher difficulty content, including higher progression content and challenge content. That means no matter how strong a champion is, there will always be content coming along that either counters that champ or neutralizes its advantages. Meanwhile there will always be content coming along that emphasizes utility and strengths that some champs have relative to others. It has always been a useful skill to have to learn and understand how the various champions work and how to leverage their strengths and weaknesses, but I would say that in the post Act 7 game this is now the current "meta" of the game. Not to posses a couple top champs, but to possess and understand how to leverage as many diverse champions as possible.

There are only so many R4s and R5s I can make. So every single 7* I pull that I can use is one more R4/R5-caliber champ in my arsenal that I don't need to spend valuable catalysts to rank up. I'm not going to say that 7* Hawkeye would be my top choice there, but the way I look at it, it is highly unlikely that I would spend my limited cats taking my 6* Hawkeye to R4, so having a Hawkeye handed to me that essentially comes with a free R4 rank up gem is not something I'm going to be too sour over.

Of the 36 champs in the 7* pool, for me personally the top pulls are (or rather, would have been) Overseer, Titania, Domino, and Bishop (I actually did pull Domino). But I would be perfectly happy getting Elsa, Korg, Killmonger, Falcon, Hawkeye, Gambit, Sunspot, Storm X, Shuri, G2099, Venom, Terrax, Gorr, America Chavez, Dragon Man, Sasquatch, Spier Gwen, and Hulk. And most of the rest, eh, I wouldn't be too upset over. That's plenty good odds of getting something I can work with.
    Well I already have a r3 Valk to counter unstoppable. And other R3 and R4 to counter other issues the game throws at me.

So if I’m patient enough I’d still rather save my precious 7* shards for a chance at other God Tier champs you have ZERO chance getting from the current 7* crystal.

That’s the key here.

ZERO chance at CGR, Doom, .. heck a Warlock would be better than any champ you get from the current pool.

Unless you’re inpatient and/or are persuaded by the underwhelming so called 7* “celebration” event.
  • Options

For those needing more encouragements to open a 7* crystal…

https://youtu.be/PylOxUU9FQE

Even BG wasn't that disappointed. So since you're an expert, why is War Machine a bad pull?
    LOL.. yeah BG was ecstatic!
    Did I say he was? I said he wasn't that disappointed.

And you skirt the question I asked or are you waiting on KT1 to tell you all about War Machine?
    You love War Machine? I don’t. I’d rather rank up other techs over him.

Nimrod, Warlock, Penni.. or even Hulkbuster.

What rank is your 6* War machine?

LOL .. good for you.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Already opened all 7* crystals

Even BG wasn't that disappointed. So since you're an expert, why is War Machine a bad pull?

And you skirt the question I asked or are you waiting on KT1 to tell you all about War Machine?

Mines R3, and his prefights make all those other champs you mentioned much better. He can also strip prowess off the sp1 and armor break on sp2, a combination of abilities none of those other champs have. And as a 7*, he can win harder fights, meaning you can recover those prefights to use on nimrod when only nimrod will do (giving nimrod energy resist and cleanse charges makes bishop less annoying).
  • Options
    Lovejoy72 said:

Mines R3, and his prefights make all those other champs you mentioned much better. He can also strip prowess off the sp1 and armor break on sp2, a combination of abilities none of those other champs have. And as a 7*, he can win harder fights, meaning you can recover those prefights to use on nimrod when only nimrod will do (giving nimrod energy resist and cleanse charges makes bishop less annoying).
    Well like I’d said, BG was soooooooo very ecstatic to get him it showed all over his face.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

Well like I’d said, BG was soooooooo very ecstatic to get him it showed all over his face.
    I don’t understand why you’re using Brian Grant as part of your argument? He opened his crystals. The list of champs he wanted from the Crystal was much larger than the list of champs he didn’t. He clearly disagrees with you on this?
    Cos we started talking about War Machine because of the BG’s clip.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

I don’t understand why you’re using Brian Grant as part of your argument? He opened his crystals. The list of champs he wanted from the Crystal was much larger than the list of champs he didn’t. He clearly disagrees with you on this?
    Cos we started talking about War Machine because of the BG’s clip.
    Just remember that Brian is really only doing battlegrounds. He doesn’t currently care about any other part of the game. The 7 stars that he wants are ones that fit into his plan for that content. His disappointment is reflective of that. But he will still open those crystals, and he will still be thrilled if he gets the champs he’s looking for (Titania, gorr, etc). If someone were to go watch his videos, your position would not be supported by anything he says.
    Brian Grant isn’t only doing battlegrounds.
  • Options
    BigBlueOx said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Still can’t believe so many rushed out to open their 7* crystals when none of the champs are God Tier.. lol..

I don’t think anyone rushed to open anything. Some people like some of the champs here. When 6* came out, the pool was pretty mediocre, but people still opened 6* crystals then. There’s tons of good champs, maybe not top of the game or “god-tier” but good champs.
    Well the poll currently stands at 17-1 .. me being the only one who still haven’t opened anything.

I guess I’m the most patient here.
    I don’t understand your point here. Some people here opened 7* because there are good champs in there. Seems like you’re just assuming that everyone is impatient and opened them just cause.
    There’s a well known experiment where kids are given 1 candy and told they can open it now or get 2 candy if they wait.

In that experiment most just open the 1. But kids with higher iQs tend to wait to get 2.

Take from that what you will..
    Titania the god Queen says your wrong. Just her in the pool has me all in. Bishop is arguably the top of the mutant class for BGs right now. Wiccan has one of the most OP mechanics in the game, Korg is a god tier defender, Shuri is about to to be the Abyss Queen…

Slavishly waiting for somebody else’s “god tier” champ to make the cut doesn’t make you smarter than anybody little lamb
    Would you put an unawakened 7* Korg in battleground over a Max sig. r4 6* Korg?
  • Options
    BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Still can’t believe so many rushed out to open their 7* crystals when none of the champs are God Tier.. lol..

I don’t think anyone rushed to open anything. Some people like some of the champs here. When 6* came out, the pool was pretty mediocre, but people still opened 6* crystals then. There’s tons of good champs, maybe not top of the game or “god-tier” but good champs.
    Well the poll currently stands at 17-1 .. me being the only one who still haven’t opened anything.

I don’t understand your point here. Some people here opened 7* because there are good champs in there. Seems like you’re just assuming that everyone is impatient and opened them just cause.
    There’s a well known experiment where kids are given 1 candy and told they can open it now or get 2 candy if they wait.

In that experiment most just open the 1. But kids with higher iQs tend to wait to get 2.

Titania the god Queen says your wrong. Just her in the pool has me all in. Bishop is arguably the top of the mutant class for BGs right now. Wiccan has one of the most OP mechanics in the game, Korg is a god tier defender, Shuri is about to to be the Abyss Queen…

Slavishly waiting for somebody else’s “god tier” champ to make the cut doesn’t make you smarter than anybody little lamb
    Would you put an unawakened 7* Korg in battleground over a Max sig. r4 6* Korg?
    You are thinking too narrow. I get him 2 more times in this narrow pool, then that Korg replaces my R3 sig200, and at R2 he’ll be stronger than an R5 coulda been.
    How long does it take to save up 7* shards?

You’re saying like it’s so easy to get.. lol..
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Opening them now rewards you with paragon crystals, from where i pulled other 7*s, as well as rank-up mats, more 7* shards and, in my case, 2 t6ccs (3 possibly by tomorrow).

Opening them later rewards you with a 7*.

Take from will what that you...
    This week Proff Hoff showed an opening of 156 Paragon crystals that resulted in 1x 7*

Take from that what you will.
    I prefer to form my own opinions. The pool is a good one. You should have seen the original 6* pool.
  • Options

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Opening them now rewards you with paragon crystals, from where i pulled other 7*s, as well as rank-up mats, more 7* shards and, in my case, 2 t6ccs (3 possibly by tomorrow).

Opening them later rewards you with a 7*.

Take from will what that you...
    This week Proff Hoff showed an opening of 156 Paragon crystals that resulted in 1x 7*

Take from that what you will.
    I prefer to form my own opinions. The pool is a good one. You should have seen the original 6* pool.
    LOL .. was wondering when you would show up.
  • Options
    Pandingo said:

Again. Pretty sure Titan crystals will yield best chance at God tier champs. Smaller pool=better chance at dupes=more Titan shards. So, imma open as many as possible with a smaller pool.

How many shards do you need for the Titan crystal?
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,945 ★★★★★
    Bugmat78 said:

Emilia90 said:

I’ve only opened 2 so far. I think there are some decent champs in the pool that I personally really love. Bishop, Chavez, Overseer, and a couple others are pretty good pulls imo. Not sure how long it’ll take for more champs to be added and I’m still focusing on 6* more right now. Opening 7* will also help me fully exploring the 7* quest and get more shards so I’m probably going to open some until I get to 5

Good that you like those champs.. I don’t.. I personally haven’t even ranked up my 6* Bishop, Chavez, Overseer..

The only good one I want is Domino but the chance of getting 1-2 champs isn’t enticing.

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

I’ve only opened 2 so far. I think there are some decent champs in the pool that I personally really love. Bishop, Chavez, Overseer, and a couple others are pretty good pulls imo. Not sure how long it’ll take for more champs to be added and I’m still focusing on 6* more right now. Opening 7* will also help me fully exploring the 7* quest and get more shards so I’m probably going to open some until I get to 5

Good that you like those champs.. I don’t.. I personally haven’t even ranked up my 6* Bishop, Chavez, Overseer..

The only good one I want is Domino but the chance of getting 1-2 champs isn’t enticing.
    Have you tried them out? There’s some great gameplay of Bishop and Chavez out there and Overseer is great in war. Bishop and Chavez are good dual use champs and they can take a lot of tough fights in battlegrounds
    kT1 made a 7* tier list and none of the champs made “God Tier”.

Plus 7* shards are really hard to come by so I’m not wasting them at a chance of us-god tier champs.
    Check kt1 and see how many he opened... being god tier is not the be all and end all of this game, and that wasn't even the point of his 7* tier list.

7* are useful right now and a maxed 6r1 outshines a 6r4. That's catalysts being saved if you want that "god tier" 6r5.
    Agreed. But some people don’t know how to play the game and use champs unless they are the few “god tier” champs.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 773 ★★★★
    Depends where people are at in the game. If you’re struggling with content, you probably want the god tiers. I have 6* Herc, CGR, Galan etc. I don’t use them outside of BGs.

I’m having a ton of fun with my 7r1 Mantis. That’s what counts. Kabam did a great job of picking clearly underrated champs. Not sure why people want Domino and Bishop when other champs have so much utility and are way more fun.

Personally, SpiderGwen, Hawkeye, and other champs I’d never r4 or r5 are the ones I wanted.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,218 ★★★★★
    Before opening the crystals my first choise was Chavez. Now I'm full with jealously seeing people with storm. I need her. She is essential part of my BG deck even as r3. Didnt wanna take her r4 cuz of the 7* in the pool.
This discussion has been closed.