**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

How the new medals work

ISO17ISO17 Posts: 85 ★★

Is this correct? I won 1 match in bronze 3. I got 2 medals. Won my next match and only got 1. Do we only get enough to reach the next tier? I thought you should get 2 regardless? That don’t make any sense.

Comments

• Options
    ISO17 said:

Is this correct? I won 1 match in bronze 3. I got 2 medals. Won my next match and only got 1. Do we only get enough to reach the next tier? I thought you should get 2 regardless? That don’t make any sense.

Bronze 1 sorry, correction
  • Options
    ruzzo9ruzzo9 Posts: 4
    The same it's happened to me. It's a shame this decisions of Kabam
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 19,010 Guardian
    ISO17 said:

Yes, this is correct, and no, this makes perfect sense. The intent of the medal changes was to reduce the impact of losses. Instead of wins and losses both counting for one medal, which means each loss erases one win, wins now count twice as much as losses. However, this also dramatically speeds up promotion speeds, and to prevent that increase from getting too high some tracks like Gold and Platinum were increased from requiring three medals to five. The net result is that with bronze and silver requiring the same number progress is much faster at the start, and with gold and platinum progress is less fast (but still faster than before) and then progress slows to equal what it used to be, so the difficulty curve to progress is less steep.

If they allowed medals to carry forward from one track to the next they would have to increase the number of medals required, which would ultimately be worse for the players.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

ISO17 said:

Yes, this is correct, and no, this makes perfect sense. The intent of the medal changes was to reduce the impact of losses. Instead of wins and losses both counting for one medal, which means each loss erases one win, wins now count twice as much as losses. However, this also dramatically speeds up promotion speeds, and to prevent that increase from getting too high some tracks like Gold and Platinum were increased from requiring three medals to five. The net result is that with bronze and silver requiring the same number progress is much faster at the start, and with gold and platinum progress is less fast (but still faster than before) and then progress slows to equal what it used to be, so the difficulty curve to progress is less steep.

If they allowed medals to carry forward from one track to the next they would have to increase the number of medals required, which would ultimately be worse for the players.
    Makes sense. I didn’t see anything about only 1 medal if you’re 1 medal away in the original post so I was just thrown off. But I did just skim over it and focus on the rewards lol. Thanks for the reply
  • Options

Read the post about bg
    2 medals per win but if you are 1 medal before the next tier it won't give you second
    As example if you got 2 medals in silver 3 and take a win you don't start silver 2 with 1 medals.
    Say thanx to Kabam and it makes sense if you read 🙃

Gotcha I was just confused as I hadn’t seen that part in the original post lol
  • Options
    FeuerschwerFeuerschwer Posts: 328 ★★★
    yeah I think it was explained as ‘you get two medals per win but they don’t carry over between levels’ which is functionally what’s happening but they didn’t explicitly say ‘it will display as 1 if you are only one away’
  • Options
    TheParasiteTheParasite Posts: 408 ★★
    does anyone realize that we get to glad circuit faster with these medal upgrade if we play correct

you know what, that is going to make things worse because getting to that 300K milestone is going to be a BS with this fast progression
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 7,024 Guardian

does anyone realize that we get to glad circuit faster with these medal upgrade if we play correct

you know what, that is going to make things worse because getting to that 300K milestone is going to be a BS with this fast progression

Diamond only has 1 medal per win so you still have to slog your way through all the diamond tiers to get to GC
  • Options
    TheParasiteTheParasite Posts: 408 ★★
    Pikolu said:

Diamond only has 1 medal per win so you still have to slog your way through all the diamond tiers to get to GC
    well mate, till last month, if anyone just do all the 2 day objectives (3 wins), they used to reach glad circuit slowly just a day or 2 before the end of the season.. but the matches now are cut down in numbers to reach glad circuit

you just talk about diamond what about the rest of the tiers

now they can barely make 100K to 150K and reach glad circuit if we are proper (70-100% perfection rate)... then what???
    most of the members used to stop reaching uru3... now they cant even get to all the milestones unless they are forced to do glad circuit matches. that will absolutely make them lose interest in BGs all together

just try to understand and analyse what i meant to say before commenting on anything