Server Outage Information - Discussion Thread

Comments

• DshuDshu Member Posts: 1,504 ★★★★
    What is wrong with you. 2* champ for everything people lost in game to this.
  • SkymastrSkymastr Member Posts: 46
    I wanna say that was great last couple weeks u guys did (in game events,some cool desing change,some offers even i dont like) ye like every1 else getting tired about those server issue and only thing about i worry just spend like 3k unit and buy those lower price team revives potions stuff and There is no eta yet about 5.4 pretty sure if they are expire on stash u guys never send ppl same cost make up mail whatever so what u think if u are wear same shoe
  • BirdofpreyBirdofprey Member Posts: 66
    Im still salty from losing war on last Sunday due to the emergency maintenance right at the last 2 hours of war. I know they are working on fixing it, but now AQ was a mess today. Hate working 20 plus hours of teamwork to get it all blown up at the end. All these connections issues is making everyone in my alliance chat throw alot of shade at the game. Sigh, hopefully it gets fixed soon, and hopefully they issue lost rewards.
  • wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Member Posts: 366 ★★
    issamaf80 wrote: »
    How about everyone get 2 star taskmaster as compensation For Server Maintenance

Speak for yourself
  • DocSavageDocSavage Member Posts: 6
    Just leave the game down until the issues are resolved. It's really unfair that simply due to server whims some people will be able to fight arena and others won't. Same with aq. Potentially dropping a tier simply for not being constantly available is bs.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Member Posts: 910 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike @Ad0ra_ I'm more concern on my 4* Taskmaster arena. I don't want to face the same thing again like what I faced with the last 4* Blade arena, I missed the champ. I can easily get him without using any units to refresh my champs throughout the 3 days if there's no crazy long server maintenance like this.
    I would like to spend units in other contents of the game like in Act 5.
    Please think a worthy compensation for that too. Just to be clear, a random 4* awakening crystal isn't an acceptable compensation if your team decide a compensation for that which I think has to counted for.
    That's a lot of time investment I've put in arena grinding.
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Member Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    Dshu wrote: »
    What is wrong with you. 2* champ for everything people lost in game to this.

They get taskmaster
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Member Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Nah man give everyone a 5 star task master

(Totally not saying this just to awaken my 5 stat Taskmaster totally not)
  • DdinhamDdinham Member Posts: 18
    Screwed me in AQ bad
  • RaganatorRaganator Member Posts: 2,535 ★★★★★
    Those who have played long enough know that the player base will encounter these problems once and a while. However, I do appreciate how this one is being handled in comparison to some of the issues in the past (i.e., mods being more transparent). Clearly, this does not benefit Kabam, so showing outrage does nothing.

The only aspect I think was mishandled was not announcing the delay until after the intended launch time, but my guess is there were meetings right up until that time discussing the best path forward.
  • MasdfffdddMasdfffddd Member Posts: 0
    We players wait for a real good reward for the time we dedicated and wasted with the game and just get some maintance screen. Why dont you just make the test before launch the updates?
  • NightCrackerNightCracker Member Posts: 157
    I appreciate the transparency given compared to times in the past. This has been a very unfortunate event and the focus seems to be where it should be, getting it corrected.
    Those who are mentioning compensation, we have already been told we will get something for the issues but nobody knows what it will be most likely because they do not know when everything will be in working order. The longer it takes the more things need to be considered when discussing compensation specifics.
    Another thing I would like to just mention is that it took awhile to put a lot of these events together and I am sure every single one was designed to be rewarding for us (except maybe Ice Phoenix :tongue:) and I for one am pleased with this months communication and events so far. Even though we are being plagued with server issues, everything else is still a step in the right direction.
  • superunknown012superunknown012 Member Posts: 413 ★★
    JoeVodka wrote: »
    I can’t stand these outages. Unacceptable.
    Further more Rank down tickets should be part of the compensation.
    1x 5* rank down ticket
    5x 4* rank down ticket
    I feel this a generous adequate response to being jerked around the aw system like a beta.

We have all ranked these awful defenders for diversity and now We are all stuck with wasted resources that could of gone to bettering our roster for new content.

This thread has nothing to do with AW and therefor nothing to do with your choice in ranking defenders. Please please please stop the nonsense about rank down tickets.
  • Shane17Shane17 Member Posts: 27
    edited December 2017
    When and how will we be getting reimbursed? My alliance just fell short of completing our third map for map 6? All of us were waiting at dorm to take turns to finish him off. You guys allowed me in so I can revive, use the rest of my potions and when I go to fight Dorm, I am kicked off again? Absolutely ridiculous. Not to mention, when I did finally get in, you would NOT allow me to click continue and go into the quest...

vu2mhk7rzka7.png
    hkxr49fk6y63.png

yc30m95miwh2.pngj4b3ryng2nr0.png

d
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Member Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    I got an archangel and used my mutant awakening stone on him actually.
  • FluffyFluffy Member Posts: 446 ★★
    Yeah, another compensation thread.
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Member Posts: 729 ★★★
    To Adora and Miiike

First, thank you for information and your patience with us.

I remember the big fail on Android and what we got, and it was pretty poor for a 8 hours knock down and all the impacts in alliances.
    Today it happens to iOS and Android. I hope all players will get the same compensation without regarding the OS.
    It would be useless to list all the problems for us today, you know all of them.

2 suggestions

1) Because emergency maintenances happen frequently this last weeks, why not to define standard packages of compensation?
    Some 4* and 5* class stones, a 4* awakening gem?, few units?... Usefull gifts for all, not for small summoners
    Spare discussions at every noticeable fail.

2) Please forget.definitively the set back to 1 hour on the AQ timer. (sorry, it was an easy try :-) )
  • StormStorm Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2017
    Kabam mike
    Will we get compensated for this inconvenient , time lossage ? Of the continuous disruptions ? The amount of times I've been disconnected from areana , aswel as boss fights in AQ and story, has been very frustrating ! Considering its been happening quite so much .... With we get any sort of compensations for our losses? This has been happening a numerous tomes now since last night .... c8dycbogqak2.png
    kbn6fuxmzthm.png
  • VIPgARRETTEgVIPgARRETTEg Member Posts: 2
    thanks Miike for the response ... =)
    i think i'll sleep now ... looking forward for compensation items tomorrow... heha =)
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,423 Guardian
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    So actually not their fault....
    Males you feel sorry for them....
    If their business partners are required to fix inwonder watnit actually is???

Because there was so much wild speculation about this, I decided to break down and just figure it out. As far as I can tell, the backend servers for MCOC appear to be hosted on google cloud platform. At least, that's what the game client seems to talk to a lot.

So speculating about any hardware component of the game infrastructure is probably fruitless. There's no obvious way to tell what they are running in the compute engines, whether it is Windows or Linux, but for game back end engines that's largely irrelevant given how most game engines are designed.

The actual problem could be in the actual software running on the compute engines, the presentation or balancing layer (App engine or other), the Google cloud infrastructure, the Google Cloud Networking layer, the database engines (Google or other), or a lot of other things implementation-related. But people speculating that it is slow hard drives or running older versions of Windows are probably not on the right track.
  • FireStorm34FireStorm34 Member Posts: 83
    i am sick of the excuses this happened the last time starlord was feature arena i lost him by 100k points due to that 8 hours ever down time now yet again 24 hours of issues and down time so pissed off right now 3 years game been running you would think the servers would be sorted
    MAYBE GET RID OFF DEAD ACCOUNTS THAT CLUTTER THE SYSTEM SEEN ACCOUNTS OVER 100 DAYS INACTIVE
  • AsmodeyusAsmodeyus Member Posts: 217
    Each time the servers have gone down, when they come back up the scoring for everything is off, ot lower. Example. Summoner Advancement, when this first started we had 388,000+ points, after a couple of the disconnects i checked and we were down to 355,000+ points. I checked the roster and members, no one left, no one joined in that time frame. Then today i logged in and we were down to 242,000+ points under and rank rewards still showing available. So I decided to check the perfect series event and same thing has happened. Points have dropped my tens to a hundred thousand.

All of point totals have been getting screwy since thw outages.

Now I tend to have to agree here with the players regarding AQ and Arenas, ive taken several "auto losses" because i win thw fight, suddenly game goes down, and then when back in, instead of redoing the fight, says network error, bam, auto loss. There is no fair, or correct score you can give for the system triggering auto losses. At this point, just conceed and give the people already in ranked arena the champ already. This has lasted for almlst 24 hours now.

I even submitted a ticket when i noticed SA issues with scores. I got an automated response in general about the outages and then auto closed ticket.

I get it that compensation comes later however, dont you think we at least deserve more than an email door slammed in our face when we report a seperate problem that may be linked? Still have the ticket number that got closed and no answer as to why scores have been changing.
  • BillLisBackBillLisBack Member Posts: 25
    Here is a win/win solution.

Offer the $1 crystal again. This way we’ll actually pay you for our compensation and happily do so for the most part. Then maybe through in some energy refills and crystals for good measure. Call it a day. I’m serious.
  • WeezerKDI1WeezerKDI1 Member Posts: 228
    I started AQ, game crashed. Got back on, dead champ. Started again, game crashed. Got back in, another dead champ. Went as far as I could with one. Didn’t make it out of the first section. I was not the only one. Now we can’t even finish a map that we do four times a week because everybody is dead or almost dead. Make it good Kabam.
  • ThalionThalion Member Posts: 65
    Cancel AQ.... There is no point anymore. Just stress
  • 123Tyler123Tyler Member Posts: 2
    This is crazy this is affected alliance quest it has affected the item use event we have used things and have been denied being able to use them. Being locked out of your game because of constant server maintenance. I don’t know what’s going on but this is a little ridiculous this past week let alone this past three months. You should really think
  • Getinthehole33Getinthehole33 Member Posts: 17
    Yea that’s why I’m saying to do it in addition to compensation
  • ThalionThalion Member Posts: 65
    Cancel AQ......
  • JFerg114JFerg114 Member Posts: 122
    Nah, son Generic 5☆ Awakening Gem, it's the ONLY compensation that will balance what we lost by what is happening.
  • WOKWOK Member Posts: 468 ★★
    IMO, I feel if we truly enjoy playing this game and want to continue without all the frustrations and wondering, we should simply call it a loss to this "anniversary/holiday" extravaganza of content/rewards and discontinue playing until the end of the holiday season or some time after since it's been announced that there is no estimate of time it will take to be corrected.
    Should be more than ample time for Kabam to put together a complete "package" of what remedies have been implemented to prevent such issues from continuing forward, player compensation, possible reload of events lost etc etc..... In an all inclusive announcement. Whether we accept it as fair can be argued over then.

TBH, all the negative thoughts and frustrations I've been having is DEFINITELY NOT how I want my state of mind/emotions to be especially during the holiday season.