**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

My account is starting to feel bullied

I'm sure I'm not the only one having problems with unfair matchmaking. I'm constantly getting matched with accounts way bigger than mine, some feedback would be really nice Kabam.

Comments

• kikiFurieuxkikiFurieux Posts: 220 ★★
    Yes, smaller accounts are competing for the same rewards as big accounts but it's not a reason for them to be walked over like that.
    What is the result? They will stop playing once reaching GC. Is that what we want?
    In fact I voiced an idea a couple days ago that got shot down for the same reason. basically "get good" (https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/337660/battleground-gladiator-circuit-idea).
    I think it's not good for the game if people stop playing in GC because they know they won't get fair matches or if they can climb a little but lose their progression because of a couple lost matches (skill, yes but also bugs, luck, etc...).
    There should be something implemented in the points system that matches you against someone more or less your level but gives you less points based on some other indicators (like, what tier you're in would determine a factor for points calculation). So, if your a small account you progress less fast than a big 5.5M account, but still, you're winning and moving forward.
    The system as it is now benefits only big accounts.
    Go ahead, disagree now. :)
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    I don’t have issues with matchmaking, it is when I think there is a decent chance to win, the wifi no signal comes on.
  • kikiFurieuxkikiFurieux Posts: 220 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

You are, in fact, not supposed to just keep playing over and over again in GC. You're supposed to rise to the level of your best effort, and that's it

I would agree with that if you weren't losing your progression while trying to get higher. So when you lose you do want to go back to where you were and by doing so you might lose again, etc...
    It's like falling off a cliff because you didn't grab the rock the correct way. Punishment.
    Instead it'd be probably better to climb until you realize you won't go higher . This way you happily stop trying to climb and you don't feel any frustration for having to do it all over again.
    Why punish players for just playing? Why encouraging players to stop playing when they reach a certain point (luck and skill involved) just because they don't want to lose the progression? I don't get that
  • PointBreak400PointBreak400 Posts: 23

DNA3000 said:

You are, in fact, not supposed to just keep playing over and over again in GC. You're supposed to rise to the level of your best effort, and that's it

I would agree with that if you weren't losing your progression while trying to get higher. So when you lose you do want to go back to where you were and by doing so you might lose again, etc...
    It's like falling off a cliff because you didn't grab the rock the correct way. Punishment.
    Instead it'd be probably better to climb until you realize you won't go higher . This way you happily stop trying to climb and you don't feel any frustration for having to do it all over again.
    Why punish players for just playing? Why encouraging players to stop playing when they reach a certain point (luck and skill involved) just because they don't want to lose the progression? I don't get that
    I think I understand what u mean, do u mean like everyone gets to complete vt and gets all the rewards and then everyone is in gc and how far u get is where u stay for the rest of the season even if u stop playing for the rest of the season?

• PointBreak400PointBreak400 Posts: 23
    Musha27 said:

I'm sure I'm not the only one having problems with unfair matchmaking. I'm constantly getting matched with accounts way bigger than mine, some feedback would be really nice Kabam.

What’s your six star roster looking like, do u mind posting a picture of that

• Musha27Musha27 Posts: 119
    @Kabam Jax

They said this was gonna happen, bgs is a competitive game mode. Progress further and expand your roster so you can move up like the rest of us who have earned it with time played/money spent. You arent entitled to glad circuit.

I didn't say I'm entitled, I just think match ups should be fair. What's with your attitude?

Yes, smaller accounts are competing for the same rewards as big accounts but it's not a reason for them to be walked over like that.
    What is the result? They will stop playing once reaching GC. Is that what we want?
    In fact I voiced an idea a couple days ago that got shot down for the same reason. basically "get good" (https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/337660/battleground-gladiator-circuit-idea).
    I think it's not good for the game if people stop playing in GC because they know they won't get fair matches or if they can climb a little but lose their progression because of a couple lost matches (skill, yes but also bugs, luck, etc...).
    There should be something implemented in the points system that matches you against someone more or less your level but gives you less points based on some other indicators (like, what tier you're in would determine a factor for points calculation). So, if your a small account you progress less fast than a big 5.5M account, but still, you're winning and moving forward.

I'm in Platinum 3 by the way, first time reaching and it was hard with my account but I managed. I don't think I'll be getting out of there anytime soon tho
    1199345 said:

I just go in with zero expectations of winning, get my 48hr trophy tokens, and walk away happy 😎👍

My new motto😂

Musha27 said:

What’s your six star roster looking like, do u mind posting a picture of that

At the moment I'm concentrating growing my 5* roster so my 6* doesn't look much😅
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,916 ★★★★★
    Boooooooo!

Boooooooo!

Lol

They said this was gonna happen, bgs is a competitive game mode. Progress further and expand your roster so you can move up like the rest of us who have earned it with time played/money spent. You arent entitled to glad circuit.

Wasn't this you?🧐
    Markjv81 said:

A level 57, cav, gold 3 (assuming you do 3bgs and take AW semi seriously) player shouldn’t be reaching GC. Rewards at that level are not scaled for your progression level.

What you've said really makes sense, I'll stick to 48hr objectives for trophy tokens then
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    I agree that it doesn't feel good to feel extremely overmatched, and there is definitely room for improvement there. But, there is some intentionality in terms of how the company wants players to progress in BGs, both within VT, and in GC.

The way Kabam has structured BG's is telling:
    Having a Victory Track component and a Gladiator Circuit component already implies that there is a difference in expectations and participation (ie. who should make it to GC). AW does not have a season + playoffs, they only have the season. So there is some reason Kabam wants there to be VT and GC.

Additionally, how Kabam made the changes this season in VT towards how players progress is also telling:
    Two medals a win until reaching Diamond, and then just one medal a win from then on.
    So there is a reason that Kabam wants to remove the friction below Diamond, but then keep the friction from then on.

• altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★

Not really a practical idea, as it is the same problem as farming. I didn't agree with this change, but that seems to be part of the reason why Kabam removed revive farming - give players a small loophole, and some number of players will just abuse the loophole. If there is a way to have easy matches and yet still progress up the same leaderboard, you can bet there will be abuse of that competitive advantage.

Even if a Small Account's win only earns 1% progress compared to a Big Account, they can proceed to 'farm' wins (whether it be through their own time or paying a merc). You can argue that, like Arenas, what players do with their own time is their choice. But, that doesn't hold water in the context of a competition.
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 769 ★★★★
    It's surprising how many people think they should be in Plat and above with their Cav and TB rosters. Cav and TB players should be doing the the 3 day matches for the free tokens and getting as high as they can. Then parlay those gifts from Kabam into completing content!

That's exactly what I did to become a (albeit baby-sized) Paragon player that makes it to GC consistently.
    edited June 2023

It's surprising how many people think they should be in Plat and above with their Cav and TB rosters. Cav and TB players should be doing the the 3 day matches for the free tokens and getting as high as they can. Then parlay those gifts from Kabam into completing content!

That's exactly what I did to become a (albeit baby-sized) Paragon player that makes it to GC consistently.

I get your point, I don't expect to enter Platinum much less GC with my account even tho for the first time I entered P3. I just feel like matchmaking was very uneven. I guess this tells me that I'm not supposed to go further beyond P3 which is fine.
  • HSS75HSS75 Posts: 1,133 ★★★
    that's how matchmaking works since it's random, some times you gonna face harder people some times easier ones. you just expect too much for an account your size you should aim to at least do those solo objectives instead of complaining about matchmaking. if you want to get rewards easier go do some other content
    HSS75 said:

that's how matchmaking works since it's random, some times you gonna face harder people some times easier ones. you just expect too much for an account your size you should aim to at least do those solo objectives instead of complaining about matchmaking. if you want to get rewards easier go do some other content

I feel like you've chosen not to read the comments where I've said, twice, that I've acknowledged I cant progress to high tiers because my account is small and I'll concentrate on 48hrs objectives instead of trying to progress and get clapped by huge accounts.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Musha27 said:

HSS75 said:

I feel like you've chosen not to read the comments where I've said, twice, that I've acknowledged I cant progress to high tiers because my account is small and I'll concentrate on 48hrs objectives instead of trying to progress and get clapped by huge accounts.
    I know many weaker players have forgotten, but there are other ways to progress in the game outside of BGs. Problem is Kabam overly spoiled weak accounts with easy access to op rewards.

Most newer players I know don't even play most other game modes anymore and simply rely on BG for quick and easy account growth.
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 805 ★★★★
    I’m don’t have a horse in this race - I think the idea though of “progress your account” needs to be qualified. I am a relatively new paragon with only 4 rank 4 6 stars. You are in some cases going up against people who have had accounts for years. While your progressing your account, they are going to continue progressing theirs through awakenings, rank 5’s, high sig champs on a very deep roster.

There are several accounts you will never be competitive with. Just accept that reality and temper expectations accordingly.
  • noclutchnoclutch Posts: 186 ★★
    Musha27 said:

One cant keep up with whale accounts unless one becomes a whale.
  • Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 807 ★★★
    If it makes ya feel better I just went up against an account where his lowest guy in his deck was higher than my highest....mit wasn't even close. I've never even seen 29+k champs but he somehow had like 5 of them

If it makes ya feel better I just went up against an account where his lowest guy in his deck was higher than my highest....mit wasn't even close. I've never even seen 29+k champs but he somehow had like 5 of them

Yikes, I can't even imagine.