**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

"Get Good" vs. Time In Game and Money

It is amazing how some players are quick to bark "get gud" and not quite understanding the frustration of a majority of players. Now, to my point getting good has very little to do with overcoming certain content versus being lucky to pull a "god" tier champ. The other ingredient in this farce is time, in two ways. When you started playing and how much time you have dedicated to the game will render you far more opportunities than simply being good at this game. Money however is the ultimate equalizer in this equation, so the only question is how good do you want to be? Now, I myself have been playing this game for quite some time. Not long enough to be a "Howling Commando" but just enough to get a 4 Star Howard the Duck. I have also spent my fair share of cash in this game to boot! So a fair assessment would be not quite end-game but definitely not middle of the pack. There are times when I just laugh when I read post from others saying this is easy and that was easy when their rosters are built to handle just about every scenario. Skill how ever cannot be overlooked as one can spend all they want but you still have to get play the game and oddly enough "get gud". But not in a dismissive since and that is the part that slightly annoys me, especially from some You Tubers who actually use your money in essence to "get gud". So if you feel your skills are on par, then we all reach that crossroad whether you want to "get gud" today or continue in-game and be better tomorrow. So peeps don't despair, remember it's still just a game and it's more important to "get gud" at having fun than to try to keep with everyone else. We are all going to the same place Act 6, 7, 8, ........... Unless the serves completely gets toasted!

Thanks for playing!

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Yeah I don't pay attention to the "Git gud!" mentality. People are where they're at. We have to respect that if we want to see someone's issues. Everyone's struggles are valid. It's all relative to where someone is at.
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    if you keep blaming everything else, you'll never "get gud," and having a big roster doesn't mean that you can't do it w/ some of the less popular champs.
  • JFerg114JFerg114 Posts: 122
    edited December 2017
    Qwerty wrote: »
    if you keep blaming everything else, you'll never "get gud," and having a big roster doesn't mean that you can't do it w/ some of the less popular champs.

This is true not dismissing this point at all. As I have been unfortunate with my 5 Star pulls like most. I do what I can with my 4/55 Captain Marvel, wish I could dupe my SL or my Magik, but the it is what it is. But in order to overcome certain content it does take the right Champ at the right rank combined with skill and maybe a little cash. But post doesn't directly "blame" anything or anyone. My 5 Star Ant-Man has saved me numerous times, still won't 4/55 him but hey who knows

Thanks for playing!
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    How bout Get Rich or die trying lol
  • I think it is a fair criticism that sometimes players will belittle other players progress or skills in the game without reasonable cause. Players will ask reasonable questions or make uninformed but understandable complaints and get jumped on. That should not happen as much as it does.

However, I don't see how burying your complaint about how dismissive some players are within a post that seems to dismiss pretty much everyone else helps your cause. On the one hand you're trying to encourage people to enjoy the game and play at their own pace, and that's great. On the other hand, you say that "getting good" has nothing to do with actually being good at the game, but more to do with easy to dismiss external factors like which champions you have or how much time you've played or how long you've been a player or how much money you've spent.

So if players aren't feeling great about their current level of progress, you want to encourage them. But if and when they are feeling great about it, you want to immediately dismiss that feeling as unjustified. Its only luck, money, and time, and not about them at all.

That's how this comes across, and that's very odd.
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I think it is a fair criticism that sometimes players will belittle other players progress or skills in the game without reasonable cause. Players will ask reasonable questions or make uninformed but understandable complaints and get jumped on. That should not happen as much as it does.

However, I don't see how burying your complaint about how dismissive some players are within a post that seems to dismiss pretty much everyone else helps your cause. On the one hand you're trying to encourage people to enjoy the game and play at their own pace, and that's great. On the other hand, you say that "getting good" has nothing to do with actually being good at the game, but more to do with easy to dismiss external factors like which champions you have or how much time you've played or how long you've been a player or how much money you've spent.

So if players aren't feeling great about their current level of progress, you want to encourage them. But if and when they are feeling great about it, you want to immediately dismiss that feeling as unjustified. Its only luck, money, and time, and not about them at all.

Errrr........ talk about misconstrued! Or better yet reading more into something that really wasn't there to begin with! Either way there was no cause or complaint, an observation and a MY opinion. What's very odd is the juxtaposition you elicited from my comment. Nonetheless you are entitled to your understanding of MY words as I am entitled to say them.

Thanks for playing!

• QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    I think it is a fair criticism that sometimes players will belittle other players progress or skills in the game without reasonable cause. Players will ask reasonable questions or make uninformed but understandable complaints and get jumped on. That should not happen as much as it does.

to be fair, i think the posts that ask for advice in earnest don't get jumped on. the ones that moan about how unfair something is are usually the ones that get belittled.
  • JFerg114 wrote: »

Errrr........ talk about misconstrued! Or better yet reading more into something that really wasn't there to begin with! Either way there was no cause or complaint, an observation and a MY opinion. What's very odd is the juxtaposition you elicited from my comment. Nonetheless you are entitled to your understanding of MY words as I am entitled to say them.

Thanks for playing!

How do you expect any player reading your post to construe:

"Now, to my point getting good has very little to do with overcoming certain content versus being lucky to pull a "god" tier champ. The other ingredient in this farce is time, in two ways. When you started playing and how much time you have dedicated to the game will render you far more opportunities than simply being good at this game. Money however is the ultimate equalizer in this equation, so the only question is how good do you want to be?"
  • Qwerty wrote: »

to be fair, i think the posts that ask for advice in earnest don't get jumped on. the ones that moan about how unfair something is are usually the ones that get belittled.

The posts on the extreme opposite ends tend to get treated appropriately. But I think the ones in the middle could be de-escalated better.
    JFerg114 wrote: »

Thanks for playing!

How do you expect any player reading your post to construe:

"Now, to my point getting good has very little to do with overcoming certain content versus being lucky to pull a "god" tier champ. The other ingredient in this farce is time, in two ways. When you started playing and how much time you have dedicated to the game will render you far more opportunities than simply being good at this game. Money however is the ultimate equalizer in this equation, so the only question is how good do you want to be?"

I may have miss something or perhaps you're just a contrarian and regardless of my position you will find fault into just because........ Oh you didn't say. Again you actually have a right to feel my comment was saying one thing, yet in fact it's something else.

Again and as always thanks for playing!