Options

Bring back selling champions

We need to have the selling option back bruh, I like a dozen of champs that I don't use no more that are just sitting there

Comments

• Options
    UnOriginalUnOriginal Posts: 727 ★★★
    And you can dupe them to gain more also my brother sold my BEST champ 2 years ago (It was the vemon duck :V)
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,198 ★★★★
    This seems to come up once every few months. Benefits of selling champs are an instand small rewards. Benefits of keeping chamgs and duping champs them are huge and compounding. You can keep duping them unlimited time gain and again. You get lots of ISO and crystal shards that way each time you dupe them. ISO is very useful to upgrade champs and most summoners lack them. Crystal shards help with getting more new or duping more champs. Seems like keeping the champs is the way to go but there are always those that like to go against sound logic.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,090 ★★★★★
    My favorite "come back to bite you" moment was back in the days when you could sell Champions and everyone sold off all of their one and two star champions and then they had that Cosmic judgment Arena, where one Stars gave you the most points, and then they had that variant where one star hulk gave you the most damage and everybody was angry that Kabam didn't notify them that they needed to keep one and two star champions.

That's why they got rid of selling champions. Because at the end of the day, what you think don't need for your account and what's on the horizon in terms of events are two very, very separate topics.
  • Options
    MaxyMaxy Posts: 45
    dont sell your champs. they may be usable one day...
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,067 ★★★★★
    Terrible idea
  • Options
    RonSwansonRonSwanson Posts: 1,171 ★★★★
    Or just learn how to manage your resources better
  • Options
    LexSaviLexSavi Posts: 167
    I also have tons of champs sitting around not getting used. Except when I dupe them, which is a major source of shards, especially when you start hitting max sig on champs.

Selling champs was always short sighted and the worst option compared to building up a roster. One of the decisions Kabam has made that is completely good for the player base was removing the sell option.

Should they bring it back? No.
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,198 ★★★★
    Bring back Thor, Scarlet witch, Doctor strange pre 12.0 nerf while they are added.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★

I read that in Ron’s voice, made the comment a million times better
  • Options
    DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    Yes please I want to sell groot so bad. I use to sell him every time now he's just sitting there laughing at me. I can't take much more of this.
  • Options
    Only use we ever had for selling was unloading a champ you got in arenas, before you got the second copy in round two. Since they didn’t count as a proper dupe, just basically an awakening gem.
  • Options
    DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    Lovejoy72 said:

Only use we ever had for selling was unloading a champ you got in arenas, before you got the second copy in round two. Since they didn’t count as a proper dupe, just basically an awakening gem.

Wrong the only use is to sell groot.
  • Options
    zernixzernix Posts: 82
    I know it's unpopular but I'd actually like this to return as well.

Maybe have it gated by progression so newer players don't hurt themselves going for short-term benefit vs long.
  • Options
    CaptainaidenCaptainaiden Posts: 802 ★★★
    Selling champs is a noob move
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,067 ★★★★★
    zernix said:

I know it's unpopular but I'd actually like this to return as well.

Maybe have it gated by progression so newer players don't hurt themselves going for short-term benefit vs long.

For what reason would you want to sell a champion ?
  • Options
    RonSwansonRonSwanson Posts: 1,171 ★★★★
    Lovejoy72 said:

I read that in Ron’s voice, made the comment a million times better

• Options

We need to have the selling option back bruh, I like a dozen of champs that I don't use no more that are just sitting there

As has been clarified many times: the utility to sell champs wasn’t turned off just to protect you, it’s gone to save the developers from a zillion/trillion tickets asking to restore things sold unintentionally. It’s partly why high value items can’t be sold (along with hesitancy on allowing rare items to be sold for even more rare items). So don’t hold your breath.