Options

7* Titan Pool gone wrong, Kabam should fix it.

Using Twitter for such a big decision is very bad move.

but there's still time to fix it.

Dear Kabam, please do these instructions:
1- Remove these Twitter votes.
2- Send In-Game mail to vote for the suggested Titan Pool champions.

Why?

- This gives fair chance for all summoners to decide the future of the Game.

- This system will be like summoner-choice, which is tons better than Twitter.

Support this discussion with reacting as "Insighful" so Kabam can make attention.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax

Comments

• Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    edited June 2023
    7-10k votes is a perfectly good sample size to capture the voice of the community at large. Stretching the voting beyond a method you don’t prefer is highly unlikely to change the outcome.
    Also, there is a fair chance for all summoners to vote and they have a right to reject access to their fair chance the same as you are doing.
  • Options
    GrampaDanGrampaDan Posts: 16
    Twitter doesnt make any sense because the Titan crystal isn't aimed at the majority of players and should only be scoped towards paragon players at the very least and possibly thronebreakers.

It baffles me beyond compare that someone who is miles away from being able to even collect titan shards, let alone 7* shards on itself are allowed to vote on such a major decision that will effect the endgame players, a situation that they won't be involved in for months to come.

I get that its fun to involve everyone and everyone deserves a chance to vote, but its not fair when a good amount of these voters aren't going to be the ones effected by the outcomes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    GrampaDan said:

Twitter doesnt make any sense because the Titan crystal isn't aimed at the majority of players and should only be scoped towards paragon players at the very least and possibly thronebreakers.

It baffles me beyond compare that someone who is miles away from being able to even collect titan shards, let alone 7* shards on itself are allowed to vote on such a major decision that will effect the endgame players, a situation that they won't be involved in for months to come.

I get that its fun to involve everyone and everyone deserves a chance to vote, but its not fair when a good amount of these voters aren't going to be the ones effected by the outcomes.

We've already seen free to play players become Paragon in about 30 days. Basing this off of progression level definitely isn't the way to go, especially seeing as most Paragon players won't be mass opening Titan Crystals and these votes will eventually be moved into the 7* Basic as well.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    Perhaps they want some free publicity? Public engagement?
  • Options
    GrampaDanGrampaDan Posts: 16

GrampaDan said:

We've already seen free to play players become Paragon in about 30 days. Basing this off of progression level definitely isn't the way to go, especially seeing as most Paragon players won't be mass opening Titan Crystals and these votes will eventually be moved into the 7* Basic as well.
    Those free2play players are alts and so its not the best measurement for each individual player.

Whilst yes those champs are going to the basic pool eventually, it also means that 3 other champs arent going to the 7* pool AT ALL with the current future plans, as far as we are aware of. This of course has a long term effect on the crystal pool. Its more about who didnt get in that who did.

Not to mention, them going to the basic pool later on, doesn't stop someone from opening their first Titan crystal beforehand and getting one of these champs in the first place.

It's not really a super big deal, but I do think it should have been handled a bit differently than what we got, especially when they are claiming/advertising Titan crystals to be the definitive endgame content reward too.

• Options
    Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Posts: 617 ★★★

It's not like they used Myspace. Twitter's kinda popular.

but not all mcoc players use Twitter, that's why it's not optimal
    Not all players read their ingame mail either
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,735 ★★★★
    Mackey said:

You want them to remove the results from Twitter? Wouldn't that be disingenuous?

I agree, it's too late now. Though I do agree with OP that the in game voting would have been much better/fair
    The in game mail doesn't support voting and to change this, something else will break.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,048 ★★★★★

Mackey said:

You want them to remove the results from Twitter? Wouldn't that be disingenuous?

I agree, it's too late now. Though I do agree with OP that the in game voting would have been much better/fair
    The in game mail doesn't support voting and to change this, something else will break.
    Not mail directly but it has been used in the past to deliver a ballot that is then used to select a choice elsewhere in the game.
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,735 ★★★★
    I feel it should be on their website and then post the link in the mail, twitter and where ever else.

https://playcontestofchampions.com/
  • Options
    JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 794 ★★★
    I’ve never had a twitter. Didn’t even know that’s how we were supposed to vote.
  • Options
    GogiGogi Posts: 444 ★★★
    People don't understand that Twitter is a good strategic point for them, easier for other users outside of the game to find the game through somebody that have voted and on top of that to see that people can vote for champs they want to play. Kabam did a good to go with Twitter.
    Also now they don't need to prove to someone that it's rigged, when you can see the vote.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,446 ★★★★
    Quicksilver and the forthcoming Gladiator were the products of an in-game vote, so clearly it can be done if you allocate game resources. A Twitter poll can be made by any hack (unless you're paying for a check mark) for free. The most they spent was for the freelance artist. If i were watching the budget I'd also ask "do the kids still do the twitter or should we go with the tock tick? Whatever this $50 petty cash will get us, make it happen."
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★

It's not like they used Myspace. Twitter's kinda popular.

but not all mcoc players use Twitter, that's why it's not optimal
    Not all players use the forums. In fact the vast majority do not.

Just let it go.
  • Options
    Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    Voting should be done in game with votes weighted by the number of Titan shards currently on each account. That way those with the most invested in the pool have the most input.