Options

What are your general thoughts on Mysterio?

MysterioMysterio Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
I wanted to do some self reflection and was wondering what everyone else thought of Mysterio in MCOC.
What are your thoughts on Mysterio in terms off:
1) Attacker strength
2) Defender strength
3) Animations
4) Synergies
5) Overall rating as a champion

Personally think I am a good champ for attack but would love one of those stats/minor changes buffs. Defense is bad for my back (or should I say beck?) due to all the heavies Kabam makes me throw. I am also sad to be the only Sinister Six member with no synergies in my own kit with other Sinister members. Animations are super cool though. Overall pretty cool champ, handsome to.

Comments

• Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,030 ★★★★★
    7/10
    7/10
    8/10
    8/10
    7/10
  • Options
    AxewAxew Posts: 622 ★★★★
    Attacker Strength: Phenominal damage and good utility, but relies on the Peni synergy (I really wish this was base kit). Heal block, poison, AA reduction and poison immunity (Domino takes the L), and evade counter in one kit is quite nice.

Defender Strength: I despise fighting him, even with spider verse heros. That damage reflection phase is so annoying. Miss is also irritating without a proper counter. That Summer of Pain mysterio still gives me PTSD

Animations: I love the gaseous nauseating feel of his attacks and block. Reminds me of a genie with a crystal ball head. The SP1 also feels satisfying to dex.

Synergies: Peni synergy is the best, no contest. The ones that increase his gas duration are great as well. If he ever gets a buff I hope his gas buffs get slightly increased durations, 2-4 seconds really make a difference.

Overall rating: 7/10. He isn’t my first choice, but still a viable option in terms of utility and damage. Some small buffs could really make a big difference.
  • Options
    Shake_a_QuakeShake_a_Quake Posts: 462 ★★★
    Why is no one mentioning the absolute random heavies that Mr.Mysterio throws for no reason at all, at the oddest of times?

With love,
    "Sinister sucks" cult
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,214 ★★★★
    I would agree with @Terra and @Axew, if you based kit had the Peni synergy it would make a huge difference it your usefulness. You visual is definitely one of the best and why do you keep throwing heavies so often, it's like that's your go to move. I will say that my 7 star Mysterio gets used in BG a lot and it's been working out pretty well.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,719 Guardian
    edited June 2023
    1. Very powerful illusion champion and has proven to be able to crush opponents with just his words.
    2. As far as defense goes, he is slightly annoying because he has those faster-than-light heavies as well as needing to stop hitting him after his sp1. Other than that, he isn't bad.
    3. He has good animations for someone who is as old as him.
    4. Synergy wise, he is very nice with Peni Parker. Wish it was in his base kit, but what can you do about it.
    5. Overall champion strength, I'd give you a solid 8/10 champion. He has a lot of good things in his kit, and by no means is a bad champion. While slower alone, he still can output some decent damage if played right.
  • Options
    UnOriginalUnOriginal Posts: 727 ★★★
    edited June 2023
    Probably my most unusual future rank Up (ranking Up after galán and/or spot) rivaled by sassy since i already heve peni at R3 shes underrated
    Pretty good attack and animations
    Excelent defender and useful synergys
    The only reason i did'nt rank him Up already is that i could have got him as my first 7*
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    edited June 2023
    Hate him. Bad bowl.

I don't like how there's no one who can completely neuter his defense unless they can power control him. Also he hits very hard into block
  • Options
    UnOriginalUnOriginal Posts: 727 ★★★

Hate him. Bad bowl.

I don't like how there's no one who can completely neuter his defense unless they can power control him. Also he hits very hard into block

Main reason i choose to rank him Up
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,775 ★★★★★
    Yes.
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,430 ★★★★★
    You're my most wanted 7 star

You're pretty good on your own but I don't like choosing damage or utility 7/10

Defense wise you can be annoying if I can't place an armor break on you your heavies actually don't bother me 6/10

Your Animations are sick 10/10

Synergy wise really wish the peni synergy in your base kit but it's still great 8/10

Overall 31/40
  • Options
    SUPREME77SUPREME77 Posts: 144
    i think you are a very handsome, polite and well-spoken fishbowl man
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,825 ★★★★★
    whilst you may be good looking you throw far too
    many random heavies for me to have a fully positive opinion of your impeccably dressed self
  • Options
    MysterioMysterio Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    SUPREME77 said:

i think you are a very handsome, polite and well-spoken fishbowl man

I tip my fishbowl to you