**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

5 star X-23

NinjaFistoNinjaFisto Posts: 89
edited December 2017 in Strategy and Tips
7c5s8uwoqq5e.png

So just got here from 5 star arena I just want to know how to use her, which special attacks I should use more often with her, and if I should upgrade her or Rogue to rank 4

Comments

• Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    She's awesome. No need to really do anything special with her, very straight-forward attacking style. Unlike the other bleeders in the game, if you fight a bleed-immune champ she will instead proc cruelty buffs. X23 doesn't need to be awakened, but is better if she is.

I have no experience with Rogue, but have been told she's awesome too.
  • Tropical_ChrisTropical_Chris Posts: 137
    NinjaFisto wrote: »
    7c5s8uwoqq5e.png

So just got here from 5 star arena I just want to know how to use her, which special attacks I should use more often with her, and if I should upgrade her or Rogue to rank 4

Like wolverine, her regen is stronger if she has more power. So if you need to regen, dont use your SPs and accumulate power. If you dont need to regen, use SP2. If you dont need to regen and she's awakened, I recommend waiting to have at least 3 stacks of cruelty buffs/bleed debuffs before launching your SP2 for increase crit chance and damage.
  • neeksbneeksb Posts: 24
    Shes my 2nd R4 5*. just Duped her after the 5* arena. I was able to clear most of 5.2 with her.

since i have Deep Wounds 5/5 and assassin 3/5, opponents go from 20%-0% life in seconds. and i took down ROL winter soldier in 160 hits
  • LitfinLitfin Posts: 30
    U have her an rogue??? Lucky both are very good but I may rank 4 X-23 first however both are definitely rank 4 worthy
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    If you can awaken her and don't mind the prestige, she worth it way more. She can do the easy path in Labirynth(and fight other enemies in other paths), she will tear through act 5, AQ and AW.

She really benefits from the dupe, I really advise awakening her if you don't mind the prestige.

But if you're looking for prestige than not only is rogue a beast but her prestige is very high, she's one of the best champs to use in this month's event quest, she can do very good in act 5 same with AQ and AW. They're both great champs, fairly strong, though x23 does more damage and with the dupe waaay more damage.

Honestly, I'd go with x23...I have a 5* rogue and I love her, but x23 damage output and regeneration is so amazing.
  • If you can awaken her and don't mind the prestige, she worth it way more. She can do the easy path in Labirynth(and fight other enemies in other paths), she will tear through act 5, AQ and AW.

She really benefits from the dupe, I really advise awakening her if you don't mind the prestige.

But if you're looking for prestige than not only is rogue a beast but her prestige is very high, she's one of the best champs to use in this month's event quest, she can do very good in act 5 same with AQ and AW. They're both great champs, fairly strong, though x23 does more damage and with the dupe waaay more damage.

Honestly, I'd go with x23...I have a 5* rogue and I love her, but x23 damage output and regeneration is so amazing.

Ok thank you for the info
  • WrongswordWrongsword Posts: 39
    edited December 2017
    I've got a 5* X-23 at 4/55, she's awesome even un-duped. Honestly she really doesn't gain much from the dupe, it's one of the weaker sig abilities in the game. For a 5* though that's kind of a plus because it means she's very worthwhile un-duped. Rogue is also super strong but she gains a LOT more of her power from being awakened. They are both great options, but who you rank may depend on what you need in your roster:

LoL, easy path: X-23 (unawakened is fine)
    AQ & Act 5: both are amazing, if both are unawakened X-23 is probably a bit better
    Bleed/poison/Iceman counter: Rogue
    AW: Rogue (X-23 triggers mystic dispersion too much due to regen triggers so she is bad at high levels)
    Power Control: Rogue
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    Wrongsword wrote: »
    I've got a 5* X-23 at 4/55, she's awesome even un-duped. Honestly she really doesn't gain much from the dupe, it's one of the weaker sig abilities in the game. For a 5* though that's kind of a plus because it means she's very worthwhile un-duped. Rogue is also super strong but she gains a LOT more of her power from being awakened. They are both great options, but who you rank may depend on what you need in your roster:

LoL, easy path: X-23 (unawakened is fine)
    AQ & Act 5: both are amazing, if both are unawakened X-23 is probably a bit better
    Bleed/poison/Iceman counter: Rogue
    AW: Rogue (X-23 triggers mystic dispersion too much due to regen triggers so she is bad at high levels)
    Power Control: Rogue

I agree with everything there, but one thing.

You said, "Honestly she really doesn't gain much from the dupe, it's one of the weaker sig abilities in the game.", her sig ability increases critical rate and critical damage when she has 3 or more bleeds(or if they're bleed immune 3 cruelty buffs) on the opponent. Giving her a lot more damage as it'd mean more critical hits and more critical damage.
  • You said, "Honestly she really doesn't gain much from the dupe, it's one of the weaker sig abilities in the game.", her sig ability increases critical rate and critical damage when she has 3 or more bleeds(or if they're bleed immune 3 cruelty buffs) on the opponent. Giving her a lot more damage as it'd mean more critical hits and more critical damage.

I mean, it's better than not having it, sure. It's just with the new flat values after patch 12.0 those little number boosts do a lot less than they used to. 100 or 200 "critical rating" or "critical damage rating" doesn't actually increase her damage output numbers by much. For example even though X-23 gains cruelty stacks vs bleed immune champs I notice her damage drops off a ton because even 4-5 cruelty stacks don't really increase her crits by that much and she loses all her bleed damage which is most of her damage output. So getting a little extra cruelty from her sig is pretty whatever and even then it's only applied for about half of your hits.

I think the best use of her sig is that it will sometimes give you an extra crit and bleed stack which is real damage especially with Deep Wounds. The problem is, this doesn't help you get your first 3 stacks of bleed and she caps out at 5 stacks anyway. So when you're hitting the enemy at 5 stacks you can refresh a bleed but that's less damage than adding a new one at full duration. Its just weirdly limited in what it does and when it does it.

If they removed her cap on 5 bleeds this sig would make a little more sense but I wish they just changed it into something a bit more noticeable. X-23 doesn't need more damage but maybe bleed duration reduction or just something with a little utility