**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Spot portal block forces Ai to trow heavies by design

nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★
Kabam, maybe its time to undo that hidden ability to make Ai more likely to trow Heavy attacks when spot has portal open?
Why are u designing champions to be played how it’s designed then turn around pater on and do secret tune downs just to make those champions weaker? This secret modification to his kit happened 1-2 months after Spot was added to previous 6* featured champion crystal ( or close to that time )

Spot is one example, when Player is playing as Spot and opens his portal ( where his whole mechanic to make opponents hit in yo his block) Ai just suddenly trows heavy attacks again and again and again.
At first i thought “wow, im getting really unlucky with this Ai that he keeps on trowing only heavies just as portal opens”, then later on i realised and seen in practice that Kabam has made secret hidden ability to make Ai more likely to trow heavy attacks when portal is open in a way secretly nerfing Spots potential.

How i know this? Because lets be honest, Kabam is not the brightest when it comes to coding and their cheeky little cheating behaviour is not going unnoticed, video example:
https://youtu.be/qlU87i6ozbg
1. Even when Ai is playing Spot just as he opens his portal, he him self trows Heavy attack even form other side of stage. U have tried to make Ai to trow heavy attacks when player opens Spots portal, but instead your coding capability made it so it applies to both when using him or against him. Very good coding btw if u ask me.
2. When Ai is playing Spot and opens portal he gets himself special locked ( that was never happening, only started to happen after this secret nerf to Spot, where portal grants invisible heavy attack aggressiveness ) thats just another indication that u have been secretly fiddling with his abilities. What the purpose of this special lock? Rhetorical question.

Im pretty sure anyone who is using Spot have noticed this heavy attack aggressiveness, but like me, though that they were getting unlucky with Ai behaviour, not that its coded to behave like this.

And for the future if u are trying to be cheeky and do these kind of things like secretly nerfing champions by altering their kits, make sure u have coding capabilities to cover your tracks.

Now can u please undo what shenanigans u are trying to pull it off here, or at least come clean and include in his abilities that opening Spot portal makes Ai to trow heavy attacks more often. This is truly scummy behaviour

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2023

What mechanic opens spots portal block? Holding block
    What mechanic is used to bait heavies?
    Holding block

Foil is better used for its intended purposes not a hat.

What mechanic is making Spot to trow heavy attacks from other side of the stage?

Where in his kit does it say when Ai is using Spot and opens portal block he special locks him self?

There is no thin foil in here, only observation of whats happening in practice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    nOux said:

Holding block

What mechanic is making Spot to trow heavy attacks from other side of the stage?
    You throwing your heavy from the other side of the stage is the mechanic causing the AI to throw heavies from the other side of the stage. You're playing irrationally, so the AI is playing irrationally.
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 769 ★★★★
    I’ve never played spot, don’t have him above a 4* yet so I have no idea how he works. I just did a practice fight Spot vs Spot and noticed no weird heavy behavior when I held block. I held block a lot and didn’t get any instant heavies or any heavies from across the screen.

I did notice the defender Spot special locking himself when he held block. Not sure if that’s intended or not.
  • Options

nOux said:

Holding block

You throwing your heavy from the other side of the stage is the mechanic causing the AI to throw heavies from the other side of the stage. You're playing irrationally, so the AI is playing irrationally.
    This is based on what? Can u give me example of that happening other times than against Spot and only after he opens his portal? This is not random or irrational behaviour, it only happens against Spot every time just as he the opens portal.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,770 ★★★★★
    I also noticed that weird behaviour when fighting Spot. I was trying to bait out a special from him and he just kept throwing heavy attacks when I put my own block up. That's not weird in and of itself, but throwing them from very far away was. Like you, he was standing on the other side of the screen and just throwing heavy attacks that had absolutely no chance of reaching me. I even had the time to set up a recording while he was doing it, haha. Unfortunately he stopped doing so (at least as consistently as he had until then) after I hit record so I didn't bother uploading it in the end.

I have no idea why this is and won't speculate into it being some kind of intentional nerf gone awry, but I can at least second that the weird behaviour is there.
  • Options
    Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Posts: 613 ★★★
    nOux said:

Holding block

Where in his kit does it say when Ai is using Spot and opens portal block he special locks him self?

There is no thin foil in here, only observation of whats happening in practice.
    When you play spot do you open portal block only to then throw a special? No, you use portal block to get to untouchable. Why would the ai not do the same thing as it is how you use his kit? Same thing with American Chavez, the ai will throw unbaited heavies to activate dimensions as this is how her kit is designed to be used.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,224 ★★★★★
    nOux said:

Holding block

What mechanic is making Spot to throw heavy attacks from other side of the stage?
    This is true tho. Atleast in case of mysterio he is closer when he spams heavy.
  • Options
    nOux said:

nOux said:

Holding block

This is based on what? Can u give me example of that happening other times than against Spot and only after he opens his portal? This is not random or irrational behaviour, it only happens against Spot every time just as he the opens portal.
    I did some tests using Rogue against Spot and he played perfectly normal when I held block, then started throwing his heavy from across the screen when I threw mine from across the screen. Funnily enough, I also tried it using Spot against the AI Rogue, and she played perfectly fine when I played normally, but became extremely passive and didn't throw heavies when I threw mine from across the screen.

I do think there's something there. Spot throwing his heavy like that is easily reproducible, but not against Rogue. I'm down to test it with other champions later today.

My only problem is: why does this matter? Spot still plays fine when using a champion against him and fighting like you usually would, and the same can be said for using Spot against another champion.
  • Options

nOux said:

nOux said:

Holding block

I did some tests using Rogue against Spot and he played perfectly normal when I held block, then started throwing his heavy from across the screen when I threw mine from across the screen. Funnily enough, I also tried it using Spot against the AI Rogue, and she played perfectly fine when I played normally, but became extremely passive and didn't throw heavies when I threw mine from across the screen.

I do think there's something there. Spot throwing his heavy like that is easily reproducible, but not against Rogue. I'm down to test it with other champions later today.

My only problem is: why does this matter? Spot still plays fine when using a champion against him and fighting like you usually would, and the same can be said for using Spot against another champion.
    My whole point is, if u are using yourself Spot against any other opponent and opening portal block opposing Ai immediately is more likely to trow heavy attack again and again and again instead of attacking in to portal block.

This was never an issue of this happening before. Now spot for some reason Ai special locks him self, trows heavies just as he opens portal if Ai is using it. Im just saying that Kabam has fiddled with Spots kit to make Ai not hit in to his portal block, but trow heavy attacks instead, and all of these other weird behaviours is just an after effect of the change.

U can search up videos of Spot when he just was released In Uncollected event, he was not trowing heavy attacks from other side of the stage, or special locking him self, same as if u were playing him Ai was hitting in to your portal block more often than trying to immediately hit u with heavy attack instead.
  • Options
    Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Posts: 613 ★★★
    nOux said:

nOux said:

nOux said:

Holding block

My whole point is, if u are using yourself Spot against any other opponent and opening portal block opposing Ai immediately is more likely to trow heavy attack again and again and again instead of attacking in to portal block.

This was never an issue of this happening before. Now spot for some reason Ai special locks him self, trows heavies just as he opens portal if Ai is using it. Im just saying that Kabam has fiddled with Spots kit to make Ai not hit in to his portal block, but trow heavy attacks instead, and all of these other weird behaviours is just an after effect of the change.

U can search up videos of Spot when he just was released In Uncollected event, he was not trowing heavy attacks from other side of the stage, or special locking him self, same as if u were playing him Ai was hitting in to your portal block more often than trying to immediately hit u with heavy attack instead.
    My spot works as intended, perhaps yours is a lemon
  • Options
    OpxOpx Posts: 132
    I have noticed this behavior as well. When the AI plays as Spot, when he opens the portal, he immediately throws heavy. But when I play as Spot, when I open the portal, the AI is either super passive or only throws heavy.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,026 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023
    nOux said:

nOux said:

nOux said:

Holding block

You are still holding block. What do you do when an opponent is holding block? You heavy to break the block. That's what the AI is doing. Obviously it's going to favor heavy spam when holding block because that's a game mechanic.

But since you are talking about Spot in particular here. The AI is probably coded that when faced with a portal block heavying is the best option because attacking into spots block is bad. It's not just going to mindlessly attack into your block to let you easily build charges
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    Absolutely playing Spot can be a pain because the AI is designed to spam heavy if you hold block.
  • Options
    After doing a lot (and I mean a lot) more testing, there really doesn't seem to be a problem here.

You're right that Spot is almost guaranteed to throw his heavy if you heavy while he has Portal Block active, no matter where he is on the screen. I tested it 6 times with 6 different champions and he threw his heavy somewhere between 80-100% of the time. But as for the defender being more likely to throw their heavy while Spot's portal block is active, that's just not true. I really thought it might've been for a minute there because I cannot figure out for the life of me why Spot's AI is designed that way, but it has zero effect on using him as an attacker.

I'm still probably never gonna stop thinking about why Spot acts this way because it's just so strange, but for anyone who sucks at fighting spot as much as I do, it's just a way to get a free opening: https://youtu.be/QVvBfOChQIQ