**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Battlegrounds mode is SH**!!!!

I’m seriously tired of this. I don’t even know what champs to ban anymore. It doesn’t matter, my opponents always get to pick the perfect counters against the champs I choose.
I find it funny that when I don’t ban my opponents HT, they get to choose him EVERY TIME. Sometimes he even pops up twice for them! However, my HT almost never gets banned, but do I get to choose him?? Ohhhh nooooo, not me.
I also find it a little funny that most of my opponents will take down my champs in less than 50-60 seconds, and I pay attention to who they are using against certain defenders thinking, sweet, I’ll start using those champs too. Yeah, no. NEVER the same result. The Global Unstoppable Buff prevents me from taking any opponent down in under a minute, unless it’s a dream matchup (HT vs. Doom for example). I just don’t get it.
Apparently if you call ppl cheaters, that’s a big no-no. I don’t know what Kabam needs to do to fix this ****, but it seriously needs fixed! I actually thought, hey, they’re awarding 2 tokens now on a win instead of just 1, it should be easier to get into at least the Gold circuit now……. Yeah, ok…..

Win 1 or 2 in a row, lose the next 6-8 in a row. It’s frustrating to the point of rage quitting and I haven’t felt the need to throw my phone until playing the last 3 seasons of BGs.

Comments

• Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    User Error
  • Options
    NononoNonono Posts: 45
    You guys can say “user error” all you want, but I’m a 7 year veteran of this game, so I think I know how to play this game a little better than a newbie. Although, BGs makes me feel like a noob most times….
  • Options
    Go_ToGo_To Posts: 317 ★★★
    Nonono said:

You guys can say “user error” all you want, but I’m a 7 year veteran of this game, so I think I know how to play this game a little better than a newbie. Although, BGs makes me feel like a noob most times….

But your post implies that you do have an issue with getting wins, maybe practice vs some of the defenders you struggle against, and work on your drafting and banning. Torch and archangel should be insta bans most of the time. Bgs can be annoying but it helps find everyone’s weakness and expose it. Just try and learn from them and not post un constructive threads like this here.
  • Options
    UnOriginalUnOriginal Posts: 727 ★★★
    By the sound of It It seems that you are
    A)saying that you are unlucky with machtups and drafts (i Heard people remember bad experiences better than good ones can someone Check if thats true?)
    B)the opponent is cheating (you can report them but if you report someone IN THE FORUMS pikolu Will say the rules (and if you are clearly wrong you Will get riduculized))
    C)confused about characters you dont know and why so many people are better than you (probably your skill lever is a bit worse than you thought)
    D) all of adove
    Can you explain some matchups that you dont understand so we explain them you know you'll probably understand better if we say why others are better than you than saying you are worse than others (or just watch a tutorial video) in another thread you said you did'nt understand archangel sig abillity or OS or masochism over time so that might be It also
  • Options
    Can someone help me to phrase that adove better im not sure if It is understandable
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,882 Guardian

Go_To said:

I won't say it..... but it's the right phrase here.

Oh... I was gonna say Skill issue
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,124 ★★★★★
    Skill Issue, 100%
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,250 ★★★★★
    I can feel OP's frustration but that happens quite a bit. The safer way to handle BG roster is just ban the cheese champs and learn to do without them yourselves. Human Torch for example never sees the light of day int his emta for me.

As to the draft - it does seem that way half the time, but other times I will get the perfect counters and defenders - let's not turn this into a RNG discussion - so chalk it down to bad luck.

When you are on a bad run I find the best thing to do is take a break and then play a few hours alter.
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 373 ★★★
    Easiest way is to ban the nukes as much as possible. I leave HT, AA, and Galan out of my deck and bam them. Sometimes, I may leave AA draftable, but will then choose immune champs as defenders. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. If you play enough, eventually the results even themselves out.
  • Options
    obsidimanobsidiman Posts: 848 ★★★

Go_To said:

I won't say it..... but it's the right phrase here.

It's spelled git... Git Gud.
  • Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    Nonono said:

It is possible to play something for a long time and still not be that good at it. This year some baseball player finally got called up to the majors after like 13 years in the minors because, while he played baseball for a long time, he wasn’t good enough to be called up. Your issue is not a game issue.
  • Options

Nonono said:

It is possible to play something for a long time and still not be that good at it. This year some baseball player finally got called up to the majors after like 13 years in the minors because, while he played baseball for a long time, he wasn’t good enough to be called up. Your issue is not a game issue.

My dad played this game for like 3 years had only meme tiers (they probably were memes even in 2016-2018) did only MM combos instead of MLLLM combos and did'nt had parry ... Yeah i second this
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,643 ★★★★★
    So what have you been doing for 7 years in mcoc?
  • Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 993 ★★★★
    This is hard to give advice on since you speak in general terms and not specific instances (outside of torch). I took torch completely out of my deck, that way I can always ban him and not worry about taking one of my options away. I never ban a champ that is in my deck. If i don't like fighting them that much, I just take them out so I can ban them and keep all my options on the table.

Does BGs make me want to throw my phone sometimes? Absolutley

I never cared much for BGs. I actually put in some effort the last 2 seasons and got to the GC at around 300k points toward the event, using all elder marks. Just have to find what works for you and adjust your deck to the current meta.
  • Options
    pseudosanepseudosane Posts: 3,887 Guardian
    edited July 2023
    BGs emphasizes on multiple things :
    roster width, and drafting skill. Then comes personal skill.
    You need to make your BGS deck with a strategy in mind.
    1) what can you BG deck do. Who are the best counters to your deck? Ban those out. Who CANT your BG deck counter? ban those.
    2) rank up lesser known, yet good BG champs. Expand your horizons out of tier lists.
    3) Practice, practice practice. BGs is all about finding a good enough matchup to win. You need not be the best, all you need is to do better than your opponent.
  • Options
    Watcher6Watcher6 Posts: 43

BGs emphasizes on multiple things :
    roster width, and drafting skill. Then comes personal skill.
    You need to make your BGS deck with a strategy in mind.
    1) what can you BG deck do. Who are the best counters to your deck? Ban those out. Who CANT your BG deck counter? ban those.
    2) rank up lesser known, yet good BG champs. Expand your horizons out of tier lists.
    3) Practice, practice practice. BGs is all about finding a good enough matchup to win. You need not be the best, all you need is to do better than your opponent.

Exactly it’s not the BGs mode it’s the nodes that come with it that’s what u have learn how to play them him being 7 yr vet though u should understand the nodes and may be best options to counter them.
  • Options
    XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Posts: 515 ★★★
    OP I was having the same experience the last few seasons. But one simple strategy gave me great success. I just ban opponents' cheese attackers. I used to ban their nasty defenders but, I was not learning how to play them as well. For instance, I have a mystic-heavy deck so I always ban their science plus AA. You need to figure out what class is your strongest defender and try to ban their counters. Also when you are picking an attacker try to pick someone who can counter multiple defenders. Also when drafting focus on your defenders more because you wanna give your opponent a tough fight.
  • Options
    JMC2007JRJMC2007JR Posts: 50
    Nonono said:

I’m seriously tired of this. I don’t even know what champs to ban anymore. It doesn’t matter, my opponents always get to pick the perfect counters against the champs I choose.
    I find it funny that when I don’t ban my opponents HT, they get to choose him EVERY TIME. Sometimes he even pops up twice for them! However, my HT almost never gets banned, but do I get to choose him?? Ohhhh nooooo, not me.
    I also find it a little funny that most of my opponents will take down my champs in less than 50-60 seconds, and I pay attention to who they are using against certain defenders thinking, sweet, I’ll start using those champs too. Yeah, no. NEVER the same result. The Global Unstoppable Buff prevents me from taking any opponent down in under a minute, unless it’s a dream matchup (HT vs. Doom for example). I just don’t get it.
    Apparently if you call ppl cheaters, that’s a big no-no. I don’t know what Kabam needs to do to fix this ****, but it seriously needs fixed! I actually thought, hey, they’re awarding 2 tokens now on a win instead of just 1, it should be easier to get into at least the Gold circuit now……. Yeah, ok…..

Win 1 or 2 in a row, lose the next 6-8 in a row. It’s frustrating to the point of rage quitting and I haven’t felt the need to throw my phone until playing the last 3 seasons of BGs.

You never get your HT because you ban your opponents HT. If you ban a champ that both you and your opponent have, then you won't get them. But besides that I do feel your pain. It's a win, win, lose, lose, lose, lose, lose lose, win, lose lose, and lose for me.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,568 ★★★★★
    Nonono said:

Mate, I feel your pain. I've come closer to throwing my phone at the wall playing Battlegrounds than any other hand mode, ever.

For me, Eternity of Pain was a ***ing breeze compared to Battlegrounds; although I did eventually make progress.

You're not alone, and it's incredibly frustrating - a lot of the congestion happens in Silver-Gold as Thronebreaker and Paragons keep jostling for position.

Take a look at this comment by one of the well-recognised community members, and see how hard to was for him to progress as far as Platinum: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/2332135/#Comment_2332135
    Maybe it'll help you feel less bad to see that other people have troubles, too.

Because of the way matchmaking works, it does get a little easier if you keep struggling through; so do take the advice of those above: people have been very constructive. Try changing your tactics, play slower instead of trying to nuke through: a lot of your points come from your own health, and taking a combo to the face will cost you more points than you'll gain through riskier play to finish fast.