**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

End of an Era - Ban wave v3

Comments

• Options
    ra_wrra_wr Posts: 63
    Macmucito said:

When players are permanently banned (especially when they haven't committed any violations in the past or for an extended length of time), it's simply not the proper option. To anyone who replies, No, they violated the first time and deserve a permanent suspension. Let's look at a real-life example. If you were pulled over by a cop for any traffic infraction for first time in your DL history, would you like to be given a warning or would you prefer the cop to be unforgiving and permanently seize your DL and give you a straight up huge ticket / pull you into court? You have your answer there.

it depends on what the person or player was doing. if you were clearly modding in arena and BGs for weeks, and since the violation is very obvious, then you should be banned permanently. just like how if your speeding 40 miles above the speed limit, you would take a serious punishment regardless of your past.

in terms of the game, in my opinion, if you hack in any way on an online mode (AW, AQ, BGs, INCURSIONS), then a perma ban is needed. but if its a minor violation like account sharing or using an emulator, or even hacking in game where it doesnt affect anybody on the online aspect of it, a 7 day ban would in my opinion be acceptable.

it just depends on the violation you have done.

• Options
    ra_wrra_wr Posts: 63
    Macmucito said:

Proper banning system - Instead, Kabam should implement a system in which a player is initially banned for 24 hours as a warning, then banned for 7 days, and finally permanently banned if they violate again in 6 months. This record expires every 6 months period. This type of banning system would be very merciful given the opportunities given to players and would lessen dissatisfaction on the part of the players, as Kabam must recognize that choices over permanent bans can cause major real-life issues (due to anger/frustration). One could even isolate himself from everyone simply because he is outraged that his/her account has been permanently banned, especially those who have put a significant amount of time and money (whether paid to Kabam/Merc) into the game. Players who have been really serious in the game may end up making unsafe decisions in real life as a result of any poor decisions as mentioned above. Kabam, as a member of the Marvel Community, should prioritize the health and well-being of their players over making permanent decisions that may harm their players' life.

also.. if a player does a major violation against ToS, that is clearly against the ToS, it doesnt really matter, and my intention is not to be rude.

the player in question who would do the major violation, brought themselves to that point, knew the consequences, and still moved on with it. they shouldnt be given mercy just because their mental health would decline, especially if they had lets say gotten the featured champion in the arena a couple dozen times, and got top 100 on BGs 4 seasons in a row all while clearly modding.

a minor violation getting a perma ban, is not acceptable, and i do agree with your point on that.

• Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,697 ★★★★★
    I love how these people never respond.
  • Options
    obsidimanobsidiman Posts: 871 ★★★
    Quoting part of the response from @DNA3000
    "It doesn't matter if you feel bad about it later. It doesn't matter if getting banned with hurt your feelings. If the game means enough to you that you can't afford to risk losing access to it, its on you to not take those risks.

I can sympathize to some degree with players who are perma banned and react negatively to being disconnected from something that they valued. However, that's life. If you can't deal with being banned from a game as legitimate punishment for cheating in that game then you lack the life skills necessary to deal with the rest of regular life. You're someone willing to risk the things that have the most value to you because you think the world owes you a safety blanket. This is the least important thing that attitude is going to lose you. There are jobs to lose, homes to lose, spouses to lose, retirement savings to lose.

You say "I feel it is past time for Kabam to recognize the consequences of such irrevocable actions on its players' lives and begin to rectify." No. It is time for players to recognize the consequences of their actions on their own lives and rectify that by not taking risks they can't afford to lose."

@Macmucito these paragraphs say it all. Please read and reflect. What you and your friends did were choices that you and you alone made. Kabam didn't force you to cheat. If this game affects your mental health and the mental health of your friends, make the decision to put it down and find something fulfilling elsewhere. You're hinging too much on a mobile phone app that could disappear tomorrow.
  • Options
    ZavmanZavman Posts: 32
    2 Things:
    1) Kabam can ban anyone for any reason whatsoever. As far as selling your account, hiring a merc, or just plainly having a friend play any content on your account...its not about them clearing content for you, or using your energy, or fighting for you...its about giving out you're username and password. It clearly states in the ToS that giving out you're username and password is a violation. So obviously by letting anyone onto you're account with their own devices is clearly a break in the ToS and is bannable. Period.
    2) How dare you go and say that its Kabam's fault if someone gets banned and then goes and hurts themselves because they cant play a game. If it really is that important to you or anyone to play this game, you really need some help. Now I understand that videogames can be a type of "therapy" to most gamers because I have friends that use it for that reason...but if thats the case...you need to broaden what games you play. There are tons of games out there that you can play on mobile and console. If you care so much to play this one game, you wouldn't have done anything in the first place to break the ToS. You would be worried sick everyday if Kabam would catch you and ban you. ALSO if playing this ONE game is so important to you and you don't want to play anything else, you could always START OVER! Make a new account with a new email address! You screwed up with your good account, that's you're fault! You lost that account, sucks to be you! So start over...catch up to where you were before except this time DON'T BREAK THE RULES then you can keep playing!
  • Options
    BuckeyeshaBuckeyesha Posts: 202
    Games are supposed to be about having fun. If you have to cheat when playing where is the fun for you and anyone u are up against in competitive modes. What about all the other people that also spend lots of money only to just get denied rewards or accomplishments because they had to face a cheater. This post is ridiculous.
  • Options
    RonSwansonRonSwanson Posts: 1,171 ★★★★
    Not interdasting enough, didn't read all your drivel
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,697 ★★★★★
    Decades ago?
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Macmucito said:

I myself made very awful judgments in real life out of frustration, and I even severely destroyed my university grades, which still effect me today as for career.

It's never too late to get on the right path.

If you realize, you can make amends. I've known ppl start at the age of 50 and make something out of themselves.

As for cheating etc, get a ban and move on.
    I've been with this game since pretty much the beginning and have always known that account sharing, merc'ing is an offense punishable by a ban.

Not sure how anyone can argue otherwise.

• Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,734 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Macmucito said:

And to everyone who believes Kabam should remove first-time offenders, well, if that's the case, as one of the comments mentioned, Kabam should take strong action against KT1 and ban the account because it's a blatant violation of the ToS. Consider purchasing a top-tier account and playing; it's a 0% to 100% advantage over other gamers who have spent years creating fully unique material. Something worse than allowing a merc to do some material in your account over the years, but Kabam didn't take action because it would damage his fan base among his fans and the community.

To all the non-OGs in the room, As I have indicated, I believe it is preferable if Kabam does not permanently ban first-time offenders from the game.

1. Had Kabam decided to ban KT1, or any other player, at the time, I would have had no problem with that either. Enforcement is an imperfect thing, and players have to be caught to be punished. But it doesn't matter if you think someone else broke the rules, it doesn't even matter if that player admitted to violating the rules. To be disciplined for a violation in this game, or in most games, the game operator must directly catch you and uncover specific and explicit evidence of the violation. But whether someone else gets caught or disciplined means nothing for players caught and disciplined today.

2. Everyone seems to have their own tier list of cheating, and everyone seems to think their cheating is just D tier and everyone else's cheating is S tier. "My cheating is not as bad as someone else's cheating" is, surprisingly, not a defense Kabam or any other game company would generally consider.

3. I'll say it again. No one gets banned for first time offenses. If a player was banned recently, it was either because a) they have committed many offenses over a significant period of time or b) they committed an egregious offense that crossed some threshold for permanent ban status.

The fact that they were not caught for past offenses doesn't mean they did not commit a large number of them and were banned for all of them. TOS violations are not investigated in real time by robots. They are conducted by a fair play team that performs analysis of gameplay logs and data, and when they find someone breaking the rules they can and will go back to see how many times this occurred and over what time period.

In fact, I'll let you in on a little inside ball. Sometimes I report suspicious activity, and the devs don't act. They just watch. Because who knows what that one cheater will lead them to. More styles of cheating, more actual cheaters, more cheating accounts. They just watch, collect as much information as possible, and then act. Which is the smart thing to do: every game enforcement group does this, and every law enforcement group does this. As a forensic investigator, I also do this.

Just because they didn't ban you, doesn't mean they didn't catch you. They might just be watching, and seeing how far you are willing to go, and who else you're doing it with. And when they act, they will act based on everything you did, not just the most recent thing you did. Every time you break the rules, that could be the thing that causes the devs to take a closer look at you and your account. Every time you cheat could be the thing that gets you permanently banned.

Bans are not transactional. They are not the cost of cheating. They are punishment. They are intended to be a deterrent to cheating. If people think they are guaranteed a short ban the first time they are caught, whether they are caught for one small thing or a whole slew of things, and that's worth it, then the punishment doesn't fit the crime. The punishment should never be worth it. Cheat for months, draw 24 hour ban is ludicrous. Let a friend move you one single time in alliance war in a moment of weakness and get caught, seven day ban might be reasonable. The moment you say "didn't get caught, might as well push my luck, they can only punish me once" and you deserve whatever you get.
    See OP this is how you do it. You press the enter key to space out the text so we aren't looking at a giant wall. Much more friendly to read and a much higher chance of people actually reading it to hear your thoughts instead of dismissing or skimming it. That's what i was trying to say
  • Options
    Cheating is cheating, no matter how many times you've done it before, first time or third time are all the same and all deserve to be permanently banned.

You want forgiveness and redemption? Start again in a new account

• Options
    SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 613 ★★★
    Macmucito said:

If you're wondering why I don't react, it's because I don't have to. As I already indicated, please express your thoughts on this topic. It's an open forum and not argument! I spotted several comments whom seem to think It was me who was banned, but not because I stopped the game years ago, and I speak on behalf of my friends who were permanently banned for their first infraction (apparently they had someone merc for them from time to time) - Honestly not a big offense as they invest time in making money which they invest in MCOC. It just makes me understand what it's like to be in their shoes, as I was a few years ago, so I chose to talk about it.

And to everyone who believes Kabam should remove first-time offenders, well, if that's the case, as one of the comments mentioned, Kabam should take strong action against KT1 and ban the account because it's a blatant violation of the ToS. Consider purchasing a top-tier account and playing; it's a 0% to 100% advantage over other gamers who have spent years creating fully unique material. Something worse than allowing a merc to do some material in your account over the years, but Kabam didn't take action because it would damage his fan base among his fans and the community.

To all the non-OGs in the room, As I have indicated, I believe it is preferable if Kabam does not permanently ban first-time offenders from the game. This is due to the previously stated reasons, and back in the day, Kabam did not permanently ban somebody for a first-time infraction. It was a 24-hour prohibition, a 168-hour ban, or a 720-hour ban. Many notable people who went down the incorrect path of using Merc / Cheating and were previously temporarily banned are now active since they corrected their error. If they were permanently banned for their first offense, as Kabam is currently. Most of the original players would not exist in the game longer active. Back in the days, the so-called top tier 1 alliance "MMXIV" had most of their players give content to merc / cheat as well as spend alot of money in the account. Take, for example, their finest player, as GencerM, who was the #1 Turkish player for a long time, and here is an old screenshot of his account taken by a merc who did stuff for his account decades ago (Thus gameplay in English language and not Turkish). So, according to the ToS, this is likewise an obvious breach that must be prohibited, but Kabam has never permanently banned/prohibited him neither will they do it now. The same goes for the other legendary player "BrutalDLX" and It's even more funny that Kabam is bringing up a challenge called "BrutalDLX's Legends Challenge" while he also was involved in violation of ToS in the past being in MMXIV whether Kabam knew it or not.

When Kabam has not imposed a permanent ban on their players previously, as a result of which they are still active and part of the community considering they may not be violating ToS anymore. It is completely unjust to impose a permanent ban on someone who is currently infringing for the first time, especially when a newly ToS violated player is not given the same opportunity to correct his error like in the past.

To anyone that would still say Kabam must ban regardless, Well then have Kabam ban everyone permanently that violated ToS in present or past regardless of how famous they are / Youtuber [Which will include players like KT1, GencerM, BrutalDLX, HQSean, Chris7677 and many more famous players] - Which will pretty much erase a massive people off this Kabam community and even their fans might as well quit the game OR provide the same opportunity to anyone involved in first time violation to rectify their error from being permanent ban.

Too much text, please, go to sleep, you need it, seriously, it's a game, if you can't respect a mobile game, you can't expect nothing if you are defending this **** of hackers.