**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Got banned… TOS11

Hi,

I know that this topic will certainly divide opinion. Nevertheless, I would like to post this here once and see if I am completely wrong with my opinion.

My account was suspended yesterday for 7 days due to a violation of TOS11.

What happened?
I wanted to buy the triple pass very much, but in Germany there is no discount for buying the triple pass compared to the single purchase, on the contrary it would even be cheaper to buy the months separately. This again contradicts Kabam's announcement, which clearly states that there will be a discount when buying the triple pass.
Through posts here in the forum, I learned that this is due to iOS. Because via Android there is the discount. So Kabam has not managed to create a level playing field... again.

So what to do? I don't have access to an Android device, unfortunately.
So I downloaded an Android emulator for the PC. However, I didn't know that this violates the TOS.
Yes, I know: ignorance is no excuse.
BUT I didn't give myself an unfair advantage nor did I circumvent any restrictions in my country.
I just used the emulator to buy the triple pass, nothing more. And honestly, has anyone ever used such an emulator? It's horrible! Everything takes forever, there are glitches all the time and it crashes in one go.
So here I am being punished for voluntarily giving Kabam money... for buying an offering that they can't offer to everyone equally. Or maybe even want to? And that even though they advertise it that way for everyone in the ingame message.

What makes me so extremely upset about this is that Kabam manages to immediately enforce a suspension here, even though they can clearly see that only a purchase has been processed here. But they don't manage to fix the actual problems in the game, where offensive third party software is used. Through which all other players are disadvantaged and damaged, such as bots in the arena or cheaters in the BGs.

I have already submitted a ticket to the support, but here you only get standardized answers. A lifting of the suspension is not possible and final.
Sorry, but why should it not be possible to lift something if you find that it is not justified? That would be fatal, because mistakes can always happen and it should be possible to correct them.

Am I completely alone with my opinion?

Comments

• Options
    CassyCassy Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    Would't give the online Store a Discount? Is the Pass in the Webshop available?

And, just setup a Emu to do a purchase should raise Red Flags at kabam. They don't like Messing around on real Money mechanics.

As everyone would't Like that in their Shop.
  • Options
    GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    I'm honestly surprised that an emulator would give you a legitimate purchase.
  • Options
    NetbreakerNetbreaker Posts: 181
    DNA3000 said:

What makes me so extremely upset about this is that Kabam manages to immediately enforce a suspension here, even though they can clearly see that only a purchase has been processed here. But they don't manage to fix the actual problems in the game, where offensive third party software is used. Through which all other players are disadvantaged and damaged, such as bots in the arena or cheaters in the BGs.

First of all, if your argument is that until they catch everyone else they shouldn’t bother with you, that’s a non-starter. Kabam catches who they find. Detection is not perfect, enforcement is not perfect, but that imperfection is not a defense.

Second, they can’t “clearly see” that you only used the emulator to make a purchase. That’s the problem with emulators, and why they are prohibited. Emulators can do anything the user asks them to do, which means Kabam cannot trust anything an emulated environment says. Emulated environments are detected when either the user makes a mistake or the emulated environment does something Kabam can definitely know physical hardware can’t do. And then you’re caught. They ban you when they detect you because for every time they detect you, there could have been a dozen or a hundred times they didn’t. There’s simply no way to know.

And third, both Kabam and the player community have only your word that you only did what you say you did. And as someone that has followed up on many such claims, over the last four years I’ve only personally run into two genuine cases of a player being incorrectly barred from playing the game. So while I do not automatically disbelieve such claims, I don’t bet on them being truthful either.
    No, I'm not saying they should clean everything else up first before starting with me.
    It's just frustrating to see obvious problems make little or no progress over a period of time.

Surely they should be able to see that I'm using the game over iOS otherwise? And that - for the period I named in the ticket - my account was logged in via Android and accordingly the emulator, and then immediately back via iOS because the purchase was made. At least that would be my understanding, since they could also directly see that an emulator was used. But they can definitely track the purchase of the triple pass at that time.

Of course I understand the reasoning that the community and Kabam have only my word. And I'm happy to continue to affirm that. I had nothing more in mind than to purchase the pass discounted, as actually contemplated by Kabam. What was not possible for me, however, with my device and my place of residence.
    But is it not possible to verify the whole thing via log files? I have an average account, no abnormalities that point to the use of unauthorized software or the like.
  • Options

As I said. I just emulated an Android environment and logged in with my former google play account to purchase it. Worked perfectly, therefore I wasn’t aware I did something wrong.

Would have been the same procedure if I would have had an access to an actual device.
  • Options
    Cassy said:

Would't give the online Store a Discount? Is the Pass in the Webshop available?

And, just setup a Emu to do a purchase should raise Red Flags at kabam. They don't like Messing around on real Money mechanics.

As everyone would't Like that in their Shop.

Nope that was the first thing I checked and tried.

I didn’t mess around.
    Cause it’s a fact; using Android here in Germany gives you a discounted price of 24.99€ for the triple pass but using iOS the price is 29.99€
  • Options
    NoOnexRONoOnexRO Posts: 339 ★★★
    edited August 2023

Because via Android there is the discount.

I don't have access to an Android device, unfortunately.

How did you know about the discount if you don't have an Android device?

• Options
    NoOnexRO said:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/341619/get-7-star-morbius-in-the-summer-dual-track-events#latest

Was asking about that problem and someone told it’s a Android/iOS thing…
  • Options
    Cassy said:

All the mess to save 5 bucks.

Cassy said:

All the mess to save 5 bucks.

Yeah if I only had a clue what that will cause I would have said screw that….
  • Options
    NoOnexRONoOnexRO Posts: 339 ★★★

If only you had also asked about emulators... or performed a search...
  • Options
    DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★

Why wouldn't they? I mean, it's in the name, they emulate an OS. In the case of Android, it's completely open source which means literally anyone can use it.
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,836 ★★★★★
    German summoner here as well.

You messed up buddy. Why so stingy and risk your account for 5 bugs? You are lucky that you only received a 7 days ban
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,537 ★★★★★
    That sucks.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,308 ★★★★★

NoOnexRO said:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/341619/get-7-star-morbius-in-the-summer-dual-track-events#latest

It’s not an android/iOS thing. It’s a market issue. Kabam’s prices are set in the US market, which has the discount on both android and iOS just fine. The problem, which has been known for some time now, is Apple and Google’s currency exchange rates in other markets. In some countries it works just fine, in others one or both are changing the values of purchases. So Kabam did not create an uneven playing field, it’s an issue that is outside of their control.
    So is it or is it not an android/iOS thing?
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    So instead of ensuring Kabam is aware of the issue and seek resolution you instead take matters into your own hands and knowingly violate TOS and expect a free pass? You trolling?
  • Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

NoOnexRO said:

It’s not an android/iOS thing. It’s a market issue. Kabam’s prices are set in the US market, which has the discount on both android and iOS just fine. The problem, which has been known for some time now, is Apple and Google’s currency exchange rates in other markets. In some countries it works just fine, in others one or both are changing the values of purchases. So Kabam did not create an uneven playing field, it’s an issue that is outside of their control.
    OP said “Kabam has not managed to create a level playing field” in regards to iOS vs Android pricing. Yes, android and iOS are apparently different prices in their market, but OP accused Kabam of favoring one over the other which is not the case. In that regard it is not an android/iOS thing.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

NoOnexRO said:

It's a government thing.
  • Options
    tnair2015tnair2015 Posts: 59

Hi,

I know that this topic will certainly divide opinion. Nevertheless, I would like to post this here once and see if I am completely wrong with my opinion.

My account was suspended yesterday for 7 days due to a violation of TOS11.

What happened?
    I wanted to buy the triple pass very much, but in Germany there is no discount for buying the triple pass compared to the single purchase, on the contrary it would even be cheaper to buy the months separately. This again contradicts Kabam's announcement, which clearly states that there will be a discount when buying the triple pass.
    Through posts here in the forum, I learned that this is due to iOS. Because via Android there is the discount. So Kabam has not managed to create a level playing field... again.

So what to do? I don't have access to an Android device, unfortunately.
    So I downloaded an Android emulator for the PC. However, I didn't know that this violates the TOS.
    Yes, I know: ignorance is no excuse.
    BUT I didn't give myself an unfair advantage nor did I circumvent any restrictions in my country.
    I just used the emulator to buy the triple pass, nothing more. And honestly, has anyone ever used such an emulator? It's horrible! Everything takes forever, there are glitches all the time and it crashes in one go.
    So here I am being punished for voluntarily giving Kabam money... for buying an offering that they can't offer to everyone equally. Or maybe even want to? And that even though they advertise it that way for everyone in the ingame message.

I have already submitted a ticket to the support, but here you only get standardized answers. A lifting of the suspension is not possible and final.
    Sorry, but why should it not be possible to lift something if you find that it is not justified? That would be fatal, because mistakes can always happen and it should be possible to correct them.

Am I completely alone with my opinion?

As mentioned on post below your OP, you will not find any support here on the forums more likely you should expect a community pile-on of all the gloating regulars . imo, just file a refund with Google support and chill for a week
  • Options
    tnair2015tnair2015 Posts: 59
    My guy, that's not how refunds work. That will cause negative units and shouldn't be allowed because your mad you broke a rule only the ToS. Please stop telling people to do this.

Not my guy, please assist OP for proper refund process then, thanks