**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Alliance War Compensation [merged]

Comments

• Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 773 ★★★★
    Didn’t play the game mode but want the rewards. Yikes. This compensation demand is insane.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
    Well that was nice. Thanks Miike (and Team).
  • Options
    Amms90Amms90 Posts: 335 ★★★

Potions? Really?

What for, inventory is full already and they will have no use

Don't claim them right away and that will delay expiration time. Next week aw season starts so that stuff will prove useful
  • Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 992 ★★★★
    You guys did a great job of rolling the rewards into BGs, as far as crystals and rankup materials go

What we didn't get from BGs was loyalty, the needed resource to stay competitive in AW without spending precious units (at least more precious units on boosts and potions)

I would have liked to see more loyalty than what we got, because it should include both the planned and unplanned that we did not receive

If this recent package was only intended to be for the downtown, what about all of the crystal shards we would have gotten, even in a loss. I understand there might be some difficulty here, since it's compensation out to everyone and not everyone gets the same kind/quantity of shards.
  • Options
    SSGNick556SSGNick556 Posts: 26

Hey, I know there are people that are rightfully upset, but I'm going to try and explain the thought process here. You might disagree with it, but this is the situation.

The goal with this Comp was for the Keys to come out much earlier, giving players something to do while AW was down. I'm not sure why it's only going out now, but here we are.

Loyalty was the central part of this compensation, making up for most of a lot of what was lost in the unplanned downtime, not for the entire downtime, since we purposely moved those rewards into BGs and told everybody about it in advance.

I know that when we say "compensation", people set their own standards in their heads, and often look at older compensations that we've done as a benchmark, when every situation needs to be treated differently.

If there is CONSTRUCTIVE feedback on what you think you should have been included, please let us know and we can discuss with the game team about it. No guarantees that anything comes of it, but we'll have those discussions.

If you're not going to be constructive though, we're going to ignore you.

Why not just give everyone the rewards they got last season as compensation? We literally missed a whole season of rewards and including it in bgs does nothing because they’re two different game modes and not all WAR PLAYERS play bgs. Giving us the rewards we got last season would’ve been the smartest thing. A lot better than whatever this “compensation “ is☠️☠️☠️
    I'm not sure why you'd expect the same rewards from the season before for not actually having to playI know that not everybody plays BGs, but we were very clear that there was an extended off-season with a way to get the rewards if you want them. That was never part of the plan and I don't see why you thought it would be, or would expect it to be.
    @Kabam Miike The majority expect season rewards as compensation because it is what you have done in the past when taking down war seasons. And this is an exceptional **** job with this supposed to be a kickoff to a revamped war season that has been delayed going on nearly 2 months. The Battlegrounds rewards bump should be how it is anyway not because war season is down. Maybe not quite to the extent rewards of last bgs season. But again there's alot of people that don't like bgs and will not do them regardless. BLUF the ball on the compensation was severely dropped and again it feels like a slight against the community. Clearly whoever came up with the "compensation" has zero pulse on the community.
  • Options
    NoOnexRONoOnexRO Posts: 339 ★★★
    Alliance wars is a module that can be played for anyone that is in an alliance.
    It doesn't matter if you have 2* heroes or 7* heroes - you can participate and win something.
    By giving us keys to Grandmaster Gauntlet you limit the participation to those players that have a certain roster.
    THIS is something you should have considered from the start.
    It doesn't matter WHAT we received as long as the objects cannot to used by everyone.
    Right?
  • Options
    RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,598 ★★★★
    @LilMaddogHT great idea! Would be awesome if we could get straight to Nameless Thanos with two compensation keys!
  • Options
    DRTODRTO Posts: 1,620 ★★★★★

Ok, so here's our solution:

We're going to do a secondary Comp package coming out soon. This will contain:

Alliance War Health Potions, and Alliance War Team Health potions (Level 5! Those are rare), 2x of each of the 3 Main boosts, and 1 of each Greater 6-Hour Boost.

We wanted to get this out as soon as possible, so we had to do something "generic" that couldn't be specific to any Alliance, progression level, etc.

I want to thank everybody that gave us constructive feedback on this topic.

Awesome this is exactly what should've been in the original package, so thanks for listening on that.

And honestly for those expecting a full batch of season rewards, your reasoning is flawed. Kabam said the new AW system will take time to implement so a longer offseason was necessary. In anticipation of this they added would-be season rewards to BGs so that you would have more incentive to do BGs to make up for the down time without AW (which seems like a lot of the player base did, including me). They didn't have to do this they have had long offseasons before where they didn't do anything and we just waited. You all had the opportunity to get AW rewards for BG and if you didn't that's on you, you can't expect to gain a whole tier of season rewards for just waiting for new AW. Massive goodie filled compensation packages have been for serious system issues in the past, this was just for a longer delay than expected for AW, so you really shouldn't be expecting anything more.
  • Options
    SSGNick556SSGNick556 Posts: 26

Ok, so here's our solution:

We're going to do a secondary Comp package coming out soon. This will contain:

Alliance War Health Potions, and Alliance War Team Health potions (Level 5! Those are rare), 2x of each of the 3 Main boosts, and 1 of each Greater 6-Hour Boost.

We wanted to get this out as soon as possible, so we had to do something "generic" that couldn't be specific to any Alliance, progression level, etc.

I want to thank everybody that gave us constructive feedback on this topic.

This again misses the mark. How is this a "compensation" package? Compensation for us losing out items that had to expire cause yall took down and cant get right the revamped war season after 2 months...Not at all what anyone was expecting or wanting after 2 months of no war season.
  • Options

xLunatiXx said:

Hey, I know there are people that are rightfully upset, but I'm going to try and explain the thought process here. You might disagree with it, but this is the situation.

The goal with this Comp was for the Keys to come out much earlier, giving players something to do while AW was down. I'm not sure why it's only going out now, but here we are.

Loyalty was the central part of this compensation, making up for most of a lot of what was lost in the unplanned downtime, not for the entire downtime, since we purposely moved those rewards into BGs and told everybody about it in advance.

I know that when we say "compensation", people set their own standards in their heads, and often look at older compensations that we've done as a benchmark, when every situation needs to be treated differently.

If there is CONSTRUCTIVE feedback on what you think you should have been included, please let us know and we can discuss with the game team about it. No guarantees that anything comes of it, but we'll have those discussions.

If you're not going to be constructive though, we're going to ignore you.

Why not just give everyone the rewards they got last season as compensation? We literally missed a whole season of rewards and including it in bgs does nothing because they’re two different game modes and not all WAR PLAYERS play bgs. Giving us the rewards we got last season would’ve been the smartest thing. A lot better than whatever this “compensation “ is☠️☠️☠️
    I'm not sure why you'd expect the same rewards from the season before for not actually having to playI know that not everybody plays BGs, but we were very clear that there was an extended off-season with a way to get the rewards if you want them. That was never part of the plan and I don't see why you thought it would be, or would expect it to be.
    “Who said I expected that? It’s Kabam. Lmfao, I don’t expect much from y’all. ☠️☠️☠️☠️ You asked for a suggestion, and I gave you one. I’m not the only one who has suggested it. 🤷🏾‍♂️ Maybe if you guys had a half-capable game team, or even a few devs who actually played the game, you would understand why players are so upset. 🤣”
    I asked for constructive feedback, and you didn't give me that. You came in acting like a jerk, and I am giving you back what you gave me.
    Come on Mike... Is that the expected behavior from a community manager? Aren't you supposed to be above all this and elevate the debate ? Smh
    I'm not sure what you think a Community Manager does, but no, I am going to call people on their behaviour, and that's exactly what one should do. I am not going to make my team deal with this behaviour, and if I need to call people out on their negative behaviour to make that happen, then I will.
    By giving them attention you’re only encouraging the behavior. Not trying to be cancerous but as a person in management myself this is simple stuff. Why not respond to the players giving actual constructive feedback or at least close to it? 🫤

• Options
    Roronoazoro99Roronoazoro99 Posts: 15
    as long as we're talking about BGs, when is this bug gonna get addressed?
  • Options
    AnıyaşaAnıyaşa Posts: 22
    Just 1 boost of each? I have lost atleast 10 boosts of 20% green and 15% attack boost due to the issues with war. I feel 5 of each would have been great.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,967 ★★★★★

What bug is that?
  • Options
    Roronoazoro99Roronoazoro99 Posts: 15

What bug is that?
    there's supposed to be 4 objectives refreshing every 48 hours, I mostly get two or one.
  • Options
    Kappa2gKappa2g Posts: 267 ★★★

I wonder why indeed.. maybe like there’s a supposed limited time challenging content coming in 5 days that may require consumable use?

• Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,573 ★★★★★

What bug is that?
    there's supposed to be 4 objectives refreshing every 48 hours, I mostly get two or one.
    You’re supposed to start with 2. Then you get an additional objective for 2 wins when you reach silver and another for 3 wins when you reach gold.
    Except 4 objectives have been sent out to players not in silver , including me.
  • Options
    DUHveedDUHveed Posts: 343 ★★★
    Kappa2g said:

I wonder why indeed.. maybe like there’s a supposed limited time challenging content coming in 5 days that may require consumable use?

Call me a bit of a Kabam white knight but that sounds too tinfoil hat to be true. Mike’s original message made it sound like this was a curveball even for him.

• Options
    DUHveedDUHveed Posts: 343 ★★★
    Thanks for the prompt response Miike.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,990 ★★★★★
    DUHveed said:

Kappa2g said:

Call me a bit of a Kabam white knight but that sounds too tinfoil hat to be true. Mike’s original message made it sound like this was a curveball even for him.

I don't think it's white knighting to say it was a curveball for Miike. He's the community manager of the forums, he doesn't work directly on the game. He probably gets the emails containing the information like 5 minutes before he gives it to us here.
  • Options
    BelgarionBelgarion Posts: 9
    good evening, what the players find ridiculous is quite simply that 95% of the players (maybe less, maybe more but in any case a large majority) will absolutely not be able to use the interesting compensations from you while all the players can participate in wars and have rewards at their level. could say that you gave the rewards in bg … yes for a month of missing war and not for 2 and it took a lot of time and also a lot of resources to reach the 400,000 points needed. much more than the resource time needed for the season of war. I confirm the opinion of many. outdated and disappointing compensation. giving nothing wouldn't have been worse. maybe even less "shocking". Have a good evening.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,967 ★★★★★

What bug is that?
    You’re supposed to start with 2. Then you get an additional objective for 2 wins when you reach silver and another for 3 wins when you reach gold.
    Except 4 objectives have been sent out to players not in silver , including me.
    Do you still have them? They were originally sent out to me as well when the season launched early, then removed when I was placed back into bronze.