**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Developers in BG?

TSanTSan Posts: 14
edited August 2023 in General Discussion
Guys from Kabam, how can you comment on this? If this is really a developer, then what is he doing in the Fields? I mean, why should regular players compete with accounts that potentially have all the characters and unlimited resources? In all the games I've played before, the developer accounts were technical and never went to war against the players. If you write that he developed an account like an ordinary player, then, guys, what guarantees are there that this is so? Or that one day you just won't upload to it the characters that it lacks?

Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• Options
    NoOnexRONoOnexRO Posts: 339 ★★★

They’ll get better insight actually playing the game on ways to improve the experience for all.

I agree. Playing over and over again in a "controlled environment" (the development server, with the same people and same variables) will get variations of the same results. Playing in the "live server" against actual players will result in the same situations we all get: lag, bugs, missing inputs, strange AI behavior... so, yeah, it's good for them to have a real taste of their own medicine.
  • Options
    Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 641 ★★★
    So the title gives modding privileges, but before they slapped that title on, everything was fine, they didn’t mod🤣🤣
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,751 ★★★★★
    I mean, this really does answer the age-old question of whether or not Kabam actually plays their game.

I think it's cool. The opportunity to beat up on our creators. Don't see what the fuss is about.
  • Options
    ThePharcideThePharcide Posts: 212 ★★★
    Wasn’t there a post a while back where Miike stated that dev do play the game, are in alliances and Line chats. But they HAVE to be honest and let their alliance know they work for Kabam.

This just makes it more visible.
  • Options
    DRTODRTO Posts: 1,620 ★★★★★
    TSan said:

Any others should be blocked by Kabam. But they will hardly block their accounts. Once again - there should be no game developers in game modes against regular players. Conflict of interest. You work - okay, work. If you want to play, make a regular account and play in silence, and do not hang a flag on it, "look at everything, I'm a developer, hypothetically I can do whatever I want, and you - settle down and don't ask questions." It's stupid. Another argument in favor of ending this circus. The game degrades.

Honestly what's the difference between a dev having an account that doesn't reveal their a dev vs. an account that does? According to your logic they could "hypothetically do whatever I want" regardless of whether they are known to the community that they are a dev or not.

The devs have accounts, get over it, and if you truly believe that they have some sort of special advantage over someone then quit the game if you think it's such a problem. But the truth is they built up their accounts just like the rest of us, the only "perk" they get is a special title, which I think is great to see.
This discussion has been closed.