**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Rank up advise - 4* duped or 5* unduped SL

RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
So as the title suggests, I have a 4* single duped SL, and a 5* unduped SL, at R4 and R2 respectively. I have 4 T4 tech, should I R5 my 4* SL, or should I R3 my 5* SL in hopes I will dupe him in the future, so he can be stronger when R4ed?

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,375 ★★★★★
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »
    So as the title suggests, I have a 4* single duped SL, and a 5* unduped SL, at R4 and R2 respectively. I have 4 T4 tech, should I R5 my 4* SL, or should I R3 my 5* SL in hopes I will dupe him in the future, so he can be stronger when R4ed?

I'd go for the 4*. Later on, if you Dup the 5*, you can get more Resources.
  • Options
    edited May 2017

I see. It's a decent choice since 4* SL has a much better potential than my 5* SL currently. The reason I asked was cuz I factored in the rank-up costs. Because if I rank my 4* SL, but dupe my 5* SL, that would mean I need 10 T4 tech to R4 my 5* SL since I used 3 T4tech for my 4* SL

In other words, it's either a gamble(5* SL) or a safe bet(4* SL)
  • Options

I see. It's a decent choice since 4* SL has a much better potential than my 5* SL currently. The reason I asked was cuz I factored in the rank-up costs. Because if I rank my 4* SL, but dupe my 5* SL, that would mean I need 10 T4 tech to R4 my 5* SL since I used 3 T4tech for my 4* SL

Well, the effectiveness of the Sig is one factor. Many people use a 4* SL quite effectively for most of what a 5* can do. There's also the idea that an R5 4* with Sig will earn you more Rewards faster.
  • Options

Well, the effectiveness of the Sig is one factor. Many people use a 4* SL quite effectively for most of what a 5* can do. There's also the idea that an R5 4* with Sig will earn you more Rewards faster.

That's quite true, I may be able to earn T4 tech faster and easier with a 4* R5 SL, good points.
  • Options
    No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★

Are you going to use 4* SL for anything? Have you finished ROL? Don't just r5 4* SL for nothing. Especially if you don't have t4ccs falling from the skies like some of these other players.
  • Options

Are you going to use 4* SL for anything? Have you finished ROL? Don't just r5 4* SL for nothing. Especially if you don't have t4ccs falling from the skies like some of these other players.

Was kind of thinking for the long run, since my alliance did say that an R4 5* SL would help me greatly for LoL if I ever try it in the future. If I were to rank 4* SL, he will be used for AQ and AW, but mainly AQ, he is very good against Dormammu for me.
  • Options
    No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★

Was kind of thinking for the long run, since my alliance did say that an R4 5* SL would help me greatly for LoL if I ever try it in the future. If I were to rank 4* SL, he will be used for AQ and AW, but mainly AQ, he is very good against Dormammu for me.

If there isn't a big rush I would not rank up that 4*. But that's just me. he won't help you get t4ccs any faster. I ended up duping my 5* SL after ranking up another tech and I'm still trying to get the t4cc to rank 4 him to do LOL.
  • Options

If there isn't a big rush I would not rank up that 4*. But that's just me. he won't help you get t4ccs any faster. I ended up duping my 5* SL after ranking up another tech and I'm still trying to get the t4cc to rank 4 him to do LOL.

I see, I'll continue saving just in case I get a 5* SL, and if I reach max tech capacity, I'll rank my 4* SL
  • Options

I see, I'll continue saving just in case I get a 5* SL, and if I reach max tech capacity, I'll rank my 4* SL

Do you have an R5 yet?
  • Options

Do you have an R5 yet?

I have a few 4* R5s: Thor, Sym Spidey, Winter Soldier, NC and Captain America WWII
    I have one R3 5*: Iron Man
    I have one R4 5*: Magik
  • Options

Do you have an R5 yet?

I have a few 4* R5s: Thor, Sym Spidey, Winter Soldier, NC and Captain America WWII
    I have one R3 5*: Iron Man
    I have one R4 5*: Magik

Ah. OK. It's up to you. I still say it's better to R5 the 4*. It may be a while before you Dup the 5*. If you had no R5's I'd definitely suggest it. Lol.
  • Options
    Was in same position as you. I was waiting for a while but after getting colossus and iron fist on next two pulls i said this 5 star wait could literally take forever. Might as well enjoy r5 starlord while i wait
  • Options
    ALIENALIEN Posts: 34
    Of course you rank up your 4*SL and use him for AQ/AW which might save you some pots. Duping a specific 5* is gonna get tougher after they add more champs and by the time you dup your 5* SL, you probably have enough resources to take him to R4! Good luck!
  • Options
    DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    I'd rather go for that 4* SL. With the new champs coming to the normal 5* crystals next month, the chances of duping that 5* SL will be very slim.

• Options
    By the way, is the avatar for the forum assigned randomly? How come "I'm spidergwen"??? Lol
  • Options
    ALIEN wrote: »
    By the way, is the avatar for the forum assigned randomly? How come "I'm spidergwen"??? Lol

You can change it. Switch to the Full Site and go to your Profile.
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    How about none of them and saving! If you are not
    Doing LOL why even bother?
  • Options
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    How about none of them and saving! If you are not
    Doing LOL why even bother?

Maybe you didn't bother to actually read, but I said:

Shut up and take your Anti-SL talks somewhere else, I'm asking on who to rank up, don't come here making a third option just cuz you don't like him.
  • Options
    Of course you rank up your 4*SL and use him for AQ/AW which might save you some pots. Duping a specific 5* is gonna get tougher after they add more champs and by the time you dup your 5* SL, you probably have enough resources to take him to R4! Good luck!
    DLegend wrote: »
    I'd rather go for that 4* SL. With the new champs coming to the normal 5* crystals next month, the chances of duping that 5* SL will be very slim.

Thanks for your insights! As mentioned before, I'll probably wait until my T4 tech starts overflowing or if my next 1-2 5* crystals don't give any SL. No harm in waiting until then! :smile:

• Options
    DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    edited May 2017

Its up to him. It depends on what he wants and besides, all players are different.

• Options
    BigBlue807BigBlue807 Posts: 16
    Never upgrade a champ in hopes to Dupe them.

I pulled a 5* SL over 2 years ago; 19 5* crystals later, he is still unduped.

All while my sig 99 5/50 4* SL has been my pride and joy helping me get through the toughest content in this game (aside from LoL)
  • Options
    BigBlue807 wrote: »
    Never upgrade a champ in hopes to Dupe them.

I pulled a 5* SL over 2 years ago; 19 5* crystals later, he is still unduped.

All while my sig 99 5/50 4* SL has been my pride and joy helping me get through the toughest content in this game (aside from LoL)
    Dang, that is unfortunate, sorry for your misfortune.

I'll take note of your advise for future decisions, we all learn from mistakes, be it ours or others, so thanks for the info!

Also, my alliance mate is actually doing one LoL path with his 4* SL, maxed. He's already almost half way through after spending all his potions plus a few hundred or thousand units, so you probably still have a chance!
  • Options
    After 2 yrs in the game, I only hv an undup4*SL. So I used my dup 5*magik as key champ and did 1 line of LOL using 4 odins....
  • Options
    After 2 yrs in the game, I only hv an undup4*SL. So I used my dup 5*magik as key champ and did 1 line of LOL using 4 odins....

Wow, is your Magik R4 though?
  • Options
    Yes, my 5* magik is R4 dup 47.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Yes, my 5* magik is R4 dup 47.

Whew, nice Magik. My own Magik is also a 5* R4, except she is triple duped plus like one or two sig stones, so 63.

I won't be attempting LoL anytime soon (watch as "someone" conveniently uses this as "evidence" that I am never going to do LoL ever), but I'll eventually do it in the future, especially with T4cc being more available.
  • Options
    _Rick87__Rick87_ Posts: 36
    What you reckon @DUHVEED?