Gladiator, Summoner’s Choice is Worst Champ of the year!!

KeonexKeonex Member Posts: 321 ★★★

I get they didn’t want another Op cosmic but then again why include a cosmic champ on Voting

I personally didn’t Vote for cosmic for that reason but majority didn’t seem to care about it

Now we are stuck with a champ that’s lack luster and for a champ that supposedly is meant to stand next to Quicksilver on that same podium as they said in livestream they are definitely delusional if they think he matches what previously was done with summoners choice champs

making now voting on a new champ in the future not appealing at all if we are to just get a useless champ

Comments

• KeonexKeonex Member Posts: 321 ★★★
    Pikolu said:

He has been out for a day, give the man time before you come to a conclusion.

I have tested him in various different areas of the content, Act completion, Event Quest, Side quests even on arena

not AW attack cuz i don’t go im trying to lose lol

same with AQ and on AW defense please dont joke lol

after testing him as i said above he doesn’t even make the Cosmic top 20 list lol,
  • KeonexKeonex Member Posts: 321 ★★★
    and people pointed Kindred, He actually does better than Gladiators even on offense

but Kindred does stand out as defensive champ

Gladiator doesn’t stand for nothing
  • hi_im_sirhi_im_sir Member Posts: 271 ★★
    So many people have different opinions on who the worst champion of the year is. They all seem to forget moondragon exists😂
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Member Posts: 3,211 ★★★★★
    Nah gotta be Cassy Lang, fight me on that
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,403 ★★★★★
    Keonex said:

I get they didn’t want another Op cosmic but then again why include a cosmic champ on Voting

I personally didn’t Vote for cosmic for that reason but majority didn’t seem to care about it

Now we are stuck with a champ that’s lack luster and for a champ that supposedly is meant to stand next to Quicksilver on that same podium as they said in livestream they are definitely delusional if they think he matches what previously was done with summoners choice champs

making now voting on a new champ in the future not appealing at all if we are to just get a useless champ

Congrats on having an opinion. Your mama must be proud.

Anyhoot, Kabam never promised the summoner's choice champ was going to be as good as Herc or whatever. So take a breath, calm down, play on. Yeesh.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,353 Guardian
    Keonex said:

Pikolu said:

I have tested him in various different areas of the content, Act completion, Event Quest, Side quests even on arena

after testing him as i said above he doesn’t even make the Cosmic top 20 list lol,
    You haven't tested him in Bgs yet
  • RuwqiersaRuwqiersa Member Posts: 714 ★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Keonex said:

He is better than quicksilver. There i said it
    ?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,488 ★★★★★
    XFREEDOMX said:

Keonex said:

Congrats on having an opinion. Your mama must be proud.

Anyhoot, Kabam never promised the summoner's choice champ was going to be as good as Herc or whatever. So take a breath, calm down, play on. Yeesh.
    Did you really have to bring his/her mother into this for not liking a champ or voicing his/her opinion? :/
    I mean....still a diss, but not towards their mother.
  • MusikmenMusikmen Member Posts: 73
    Missing immunities are the dealbreaker for me - should have incinerate and poison immune to match character traits. Without these the utility is terrible.
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Member Posts: 849 ★★★★
    He's absolutely not the worst champion of the year, I can sort of see where you're coming from with that - this year has had some amazingly paced and powerful champions, but Gladiator is not the weakest link.

I do think he could be tweaked slightly, I made a thread about what I would like to see changed: here.

But to say he's the weakest and compare him to the absolute most broken is disingenuous.
    Keep in mind there's also an additional damage and damage mitigation playstyle that's going to be ignored by most because we won't be playing to the skill demands. Part of Gladiator will also be forcing us to get better at the game and level up our skills.

Magik taught a lot of people how to back draft. Absorbing Man taught a lot of people how to light intercept. Gladiator is going to be potentially teaching a lot of people new ways to time and punish specials.
  • Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Member Posts: 990 ★★★★

Photon is champ of the year

I liked absman and kate the most from this year
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,341 ★★★★★
    Deacon said:

well what i will say is that i warned people about choosing a class we already had. there's only so much imagination to go around .. next vote PLEASE vote a separate class. the odds of having a "true" representative of summoner's vote increases with a new class.

(should have been White Tiger lol)

I wanted White Tiger so bad lol. Love her design and the way they described her kit was interesting
  • J4mmy_d0dger123J4mmy_d0dger123 Member Posts: 297 ★★
    We still need a Deadpool rework 👀
  • Karatemike415Karatemike415 Member, Administrator, Content Creators Posts: 724 Content Creator
    Keonex said:

Pikolu said:

Would love to hear what your actual tests for him were
  • NONYABIZZNONYABIZZ Member Posts: 431 ★★★
    My favorite champs from this year are silk and Dani
    Just wanted to drop this here🌝
  • kevhugokevhugo Member Posts: 138 ★★
    edited September 2023
    I mean, even if he is, it's not really a bad thing. The champs this year have been incredible and from what I've heard, he might be the worst champ of the year but that doesn't make him a bad champ because of how good the other champs have been.