**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Gladiator Feedback

Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 819 ★★★★
So, Gladiator has been one of my biggest wants in game for ages.
You introduced Bishop, Nova, Kitty, Doom. The remaining "big wants" I had were Gladiator and Vulcan.

Since he won the summoner's choice I've actually been holding onto a cosmic awakening gem and both rank up gems for cosmic 3 > 4 and 4 > 5 for a 6* in anticipation.

The character looks amazing, that SP3 animation is probably one of the best in game.
The power level feels pretty fantastic. The game play and mechanics are really interesting.. overall, this is a great character.

If I could make some suggestions, I would like to propose a few things for consideration.

Intimidate
I feel like the potency of this should scale with his confidence. In truth, yes I would like to see it a bit stronger than it currently is, but even if it still topped out at 30% I feel like having it scale would tie into his whole dynamic. My thought process of this is the more confident he is, the more powerful he becomes and the more intimidating he can be. In comics, when he's lost his confidence during fights, he loses that intimidation factor and it has to be built back up. His intimidate as is falls off fairly quickly and is a little weak, at max confidence I'd love to see it last a little longer and be closer to the potency of Mantis' intimidate (but not last quite as long since Gladiator's can be paused).

Resistances (not immunities)
I'd love to see Gladiator be resistant to Poison, Cowardice, Weakness. Potentially also Coldsnap and Rupture. In my mind the resistance would scale with his confidence. When he has no confidence, he takes damage (or is impacted) as normal. As he gains confidence he becomes more resistant to these debuffs and that continues to scale. He's only resistant while his confidence is maintained. He's not immune, even at full confidence these debuffs can still be applied to him and even stack.

Magic Vulnerability
I'd actually like to see him either take some additional energy damage when his confidence falls off/is eliminated completely by Mystic champions (similar to how CMM takes additional energy damage from Mystics.) Or even have his confidence fall off faster when fighting Mystic champions (a hit from someone removes 1 confidence, perhaps a hit from a mystic champion - or energy attack from mystic, removes 2 or more). Guardian is vulnerable to magic, this is a nice way to portray that.

I feel like these will make him stronger, more of a presence - but it doesn't completely make him untouchable and the magical vulnerability actually opens him up to counter-play.

Relic Interaction
Gladiator doesn't have the standard buffs that other cosmic champions do - which makes relics a little less impactful on him. Now I don't really know how to phrase this, but I'm toying with the concept that for Gladiator, his confidence buff acts as a sort of placeholder in regards to relics. So, if Thor increases the potency of Fury, Armour Up, Precision, etc... Gladiator's Confidence buffs would sort of act as a watered down version of those.