**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BG ISSUE**
We are aware of an issue with the seeding for the beginning of the BG season.
We are adding rewards to higher progression brackets to offset the additional grind.
More information here.
**Arcade is being extra tricky with his Murder Box...**
It appears Arcade has been non-cooperative in his approach to this month's side quest and presented his clues in a nonsensical order. Lucky you, Summoners, we have our best and brightest on the case and those clues should now be a lot more straightforward. While messing around in Arcade's files we came across a phrase, highlighted and bolded, with sparkles and pointy arrows: "the abode for the dead" ... Maybe that will help you along the way!
Options

What exactly am I missing about Hulkling?

Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Posts: 353 ★★★
So, some of my alliance mates jokingly made fun of me because I R4d somebody else aside from Hulkling (Rintrah, so not a bad option), saying that he's practically game breaking and he should be rushed to R5 and ascended ASAP.

However, I don't see it. The only reason I R3d him in the first place is because everyone said how broken he was, but I hardly use him. Even after watching rotations on how to play him (KarateMike was one I watched) he still doesn't seem that amazing to me.

Is there some secret that I'm missing about him that really makes him shine?

Comments

• Options
    LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    Id say he’s the most valuable BG champ to date. Incredible offensive and defensive capabilities, and the opponent pretty much has to draft a counter.

But I would say that I second his usage outside of BG. I don’t really use him elsewhere and I don’t know why
  • Options
    UltragamerUltragamer Posts: 456 ★★★
    He counter a ton of annoying defenders he’s a amazing defender and he’s easily a top 3 cosmic he’s useful in every mode
  • Options
    DUHveedDUHveed Posts: 350 ★★★

So, some of my alliance mates jokingly made fun of me because I R4d somebody else aside from Hulkling (Rintrah, so not a bad option), saying that he's practically game breaking and he should be rushed to R5 and ascended ASAP.

However, I don't see it. The only reason I R3d him in the first place is because everyone said how broken he was, but I hardly use him. Even after watching rotations on how to play him (KarateMike was one I watched) he still doesn't seem that amazing to me.

Try him against Peni and or Fantaman and you’ll see why we love using him

• Options
    Ansh_AAnsh_A Posts: 535 ★★★
    Dont listen to your alliance mates. There is no reason why you shoupd feel bad about ranking Rintrah over Hulkling. It ultimately depends on which modes you play.

There are currently more cosmic bosses than other classes in quests and Rintrah is a bona fide cosmic killer. Hulkling is good but he still takes a backseat to CGR and Hercules in quests. Rintrah however, is my first choice mystic with Doom having to step down to second with Kabam releasinf nullify immune champs and nodes regularly.

I think you will follow the same way i did. Hulkling got ranked up for battlegrounds as a guaranteed defense win and good offense option. However, there are some quests with champs like Peni, Red Skull, Shuri, etc. where Hulkling takes priority for me abive CGR. Eventually, he will start becoming 2nd or 3rd choice for content. Rank him to r4 when that happens.
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,809 ★★★★

He's just an extremely versatile champ, making him great for modes like BGs. He's an insane defender, and is pretty decent on offense as well. Just a great champ that doesn't really have any perfect counters.
  • Options
    DUHveedDUHveed Posts: 350 ★★★

He's just an extremely versatile champ, making him great for modes like BGs. He's an insane defender, and is pretty decent on offense as well. Just a great champ that doesn't really have any perfect counters.
    Claire has joined the chat

• Options
    ArmoredGhostArmoredGhost Posts: 110 ★★
    Here's my analysis.

My biggest gripe with him is that you will be punished for using him aggressively. If you attack too much too fast you won't be able to gain buffs since your charges are paused during your basic attacks this also means that you won't get as much power from combat power rate since each activated buff gives a little bit of power and Hulking has reduced natural combat power rate to balance this.

So this means you need to pace yourself when using him. It also means that if you mess up and get hit, your buffs will be wasted on regen and you'll need to back off again to regain charges for the offensive buffs like pierce and aptitude.

I've also noticed that sometimes AI just won't cooperate (even if you place a cowardice debuff on them with a heavy attack). So it can be difficult to gain all the buffs needed at the right time For example it can be annoying sometimes that you can't get pierce buffs when your unblockable is active.

So all in all it takes a lot to get him right and your enjoyment of him depends on your preferred playstyle. But when he works he really works. I personally like the aggresive playstyle champs and ones that don't depend so much on AI cooperation so I'm not the biggest fan of hulkling myself.
  • Options
    NEXTONNEXTON Posts: 593 ★★★

He's a brick s***house, both on Offense and Defense.

Language pal.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,360 ★★★★★
    NEXTON said:

Language pal.
    Funny. I manually inserted asterisks for a reason. ;)
  • Options
    NEXTONNEXTON Posts: 593 ★★★

NEXTON said:

Language pal.
    I know I’m just messing lol

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,360 ★★★★★
    NEXTON said:

NEXTON said:

Language pal.
    I know I’m just messing lol

I know. All good. :)
  • Options
    Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 862 ★★★
    DUHveed said:

I feel this way about a ton of champs....all of which I have in a 6 star and just don't rank up because I'm indifferent about them.....ghost, doom and Claire are probably the big 3....a lot of it is getting used to and having fun with them though....I never understood the scorpion, tigra , Kitty and most recently kate bishop hype and now they are easily 4 of the 10 champs I use most. I'd say use him as much as possible for like a week and if he doesn't grow on you he never will....that's doom for me. You could give me an 8 star and I'd use 5 other mystics before him primarily because I find his play style boring as hell. As for Hulkling he's the champ I've been chasing the most over the past year and just cant get.
  • Options
    JustWantTheRewardsJustWantTheRewards Posts: 442 ★★★

Just a great champ that doesn't really have any perfect counters.
    The amount of rank 3-4 Hulkling's my rank 3 Longshot has utterly embarrassed, on offense and defense, is hilarious.
  • Options
    Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,190 ★★★★

He is one of the best cosmic powerhouses in the game. He is one beefy unit
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 773 ★★★★
    If you drop your l2 unblockable, get double fury, relic while still unblockable, then another combo. That can be like 150k damage (at r5) and takes like 30 seconds to set up.
    Max sig helps with furry lasting till end of that combo.
    Very easy to use champ that requires a bit of slow play to get things setup
  • Options
    XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Posts: 505 ★★★
    DUHveed said:

Wiccan melts Hulkling faster than Claire
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,806 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023

DUHveed said:

I'd say use him as much as possible for like a week and if he doesn't grow on you he never will...
    I normally do this if I pull a champ everyone says is great but I'm not feeling it. Once I find enough matchups that work, I'll rank them.

Hulkling is one of the rare champs that is great on attack and defence, almost an instawin in BG's if the other guy doesn't have a proper counter and is perfect for annoying autoblockers, peni especially.