War map usability struggle [merged]

jtdevlinjtdevlin Member Posts: 25
edited September 2023 in General Discussion
The new war map has introduced a frustrating experience when trying to move on the shared fights. The defender name covers up the places to move making it extremely difficult to navigate. This is even worse when a teammate is on the node you are trying to navigate to.

Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• MiniMFMiniMF Member Posts: 848 ★★★★
    just zoom and click on top of the name it worked for me
  • jtdevlinjtdevlin Member Posts: 25
    @MiniMF here’s a better example of when zooming did not work for me after many tries. (Ignore me getting wrecked for taking a fight without a counter, good thing it’s off-season lol)

• qazanostraqazanostra Member Posts: 8
    Have a same problem. It hard to move when your hads shakes after a fight 🤣
  • Double_HelixDouble_Helix Member Posts: 56
    Sorta-impractical solution: Always take the middle fight first. lol
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,340 Guardian
    Alternate solution instead of ZOOM.

Click/preview on any other node, then other node champs disappear while leaving the node DOTS themselves, which you can then click on to move.
  • HaamertailHaamertail Member Posts: 109
    Same issue. Poorly designed. Yes there are ways around it but should there need to be?
  • jtdevlinjtdevlin Member Posts: 25

Alternate solution instead of ZOOM.

Click/preview on any other node, then other node champs disappear while leaving the node DOTS themselves, which you can then click on to move.

Great suggestion, this works until they fix it
  • AntsiouAntsiou Member Posts: 184 ★★
    Since the update, all the mini island with 3 defenders are quite difficult to navigate. The nodes are covered by the defenders summoner’s name, making it hard to press. I keep getting the summoner’s profile instead of moving.

Would be great if the team could look into this.
  • MiniMFMiniMF Member Posts: 848 ★★★★
    While they are ajusting it (i assume) you can still zoom in and click a bit above the name of the player, it worked for me
  • AshacekarAshacekar Member Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    edited September 2023
    It's set in Egypt. Kabam wanted a trip there updated ui. I can understand you have difficulties due to sandstorms.
    Or click on a DIFFERENT champs pic.
    That will hide all other champ pics, allowing you to see just the nodes, and can then click on the node you want to go to.
  • AntsiouAntsiou Member Posts: 184 ★★
    edited September 2023
    Thanks for the tips, it’s helpful. Hopefully they can tweak the UI so we don’t have to find our own workaround
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    Ashacekar said:

It's set in Egypt. Kabam wanted a trip there updated ui. I can understand you have difficulties due to sandstorms.

So it's a...pyramid scheme.
  • Kabam JaxKabam Jax Member, Moderator Posts: 1,718 ★★★★★
    Hey Summoners,

As pointed out in this thread (thank you to those that helped) there is a workaround to navigate these nodes.

Furthermore, and most importantly, our team was aware of the issue and is working to adjust the node so that you don't need to use a less-than-ideal workaround! Hooray for just working!
  • Kabam JaxKabam Jax Member, Moderator Posts: 1,718 ★★★★★
    Additionally, as a result of the change you will need to reset your AW defense for the next matchup. We are working on getting a message out in-game, but we'll give you a head start now.
  • SkitchenSkitchen Member Posts: 7
    What paths are which paths? Is there a layout showing what is path 1, 2, 3, etc?
    edited September 2023
    @Kabam Jax

Latest change now causing a different issue, that of the node prior to the Portal nodes now.
    Looks like distance between them actually got SHORTER, causing player name below the Portal nodes to not be visible (hidden under the Portal Jump Info Bar).

Zooming in completely will let you see that player's name, but not in the default (non-zoomed) state of view.

(more info in thread detailing why having to replace all defenders again, on short notice…)
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/346998/alliance-war-node-placement-adjustment#latest