**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

So I ascended Gladiator ......

So I ascended gladiator and to my surprise his damage is there now. Still assuming he has a buff coming but I like his play style and now his damage is up to par. I made a video showing before and after rol little run

https://youtu.be/kstosm5E358?si=mdfJY-0NrnjIGRO_
ยซ1

Comments

• Options
    Emac1414Emac1414 Posts: 34 โ˜…
    Yeah got hit a few times, then did a sp3 on accident. Usually about a little over a minute I actually used him in this months battlegrounds at a rank 4 before I ranked him up and won a few fights under a min. Personally he's not the best for longer fights, much better for shorter ones.
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,205 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Call me crazy but I think you are not playing him properly if it takes that much time to kill WS, I dont have him and I didnt see videos of him, but feels like it lacks a lot of damage with that playstyle
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 819 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    I don't think his damage was ever an issue or in doubt. Sure Adam and Vox outpace him in sheer damage, but there's a lot more to Gladiator. Damage is not something I'd want to see tweaked, I'd much prefer resistances tied to his confidence.

Yes, scary, it would give access to healing through willpower - but it's actually reflective in his power set.
    That small change would make him perfect IMO.

Sorry, tangent over.

Congrats on your ascended champ, I hope you enjoy him.
    We will get more dust, use the resources you have as you desire.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,429 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Emac1414 said:

Rip primordial dust

Not sure why, it's my choice and a champ I like I'm confused? I have all the champs in the game all ranked either 4, or 5 or 7 star rank 2 and 100 percent everything in the game. There's no right or wrong choice I don't understand if someone chooses any character, why it's a problem can you please elaborate?
    Pay the haters no mind. By christmas we'll all have overflows of dust, wondering what was the point after we're knee-deep in 7r3s and the first rounds of 7r4s.
  • Options

I don't think his damage was ever an issue or in doubt. Sure Adam and Vox outpace him in sheer damage, but there's a lot more to Gladiator. Damage is not something I'd want to see tweaked, I'd much prefer resistances tied to his confidence.

Yes, scary, it would give access to healing through willpower - but it's actually reflective in his power set.
    That small change would make him perfect IMO.

Sorry, tangent over.

Congrats on your ascended champ, I hope you enjoy him.
    We will get more dust, use the resources you have as you desire.

Yeah I agree I assume he will be tweaked a little, hopefully seeing a immunity and maybe a little tweak on his rotation. I appreciate it fam
  • Options
    Emac1414 said:

Rip primordial dust

Not sure why, it's my choice and a champ I like I'm confused? I have all the champs in the game all ranked either 4, or 5 or 7 star rank 2 and 100 percent everything in the game. There's no right or wrong choice I don't understand if someone chooses any character, why it's a problem can you please elaborate?
    Also edit all champs in the game I want ranked up to either 4,5 or 7star rank 2
  • Options
    MarvelSPMAN14MarvelSPMAN14 Posts: 150 โ˜…โ˜…
    Pretty sure your playing him wrong you shouldโ€™ve been hitting him during WS specials for better damage
  • Options

Pretty sure your playing him wrong you shouldโ€™ve been hitting him during WS specials for better damage

Oh yeah I'm still learning him for sure, I'm getting better with him every day still learning that mechanic too.
  • Options
    Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,159 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Not really impressed... But congrats on ascending a champ you enjoy playing!
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 819 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    edited September 2023
    Emac1414 said:

UPDATE:

getting better with him, just did a sub 50 hits and about 1:07 seconds (time fight started and ended in the video) rol against Captain marvel. Was able to do a bit of burst damage during her special, and it's a big difference doing so. Again I appreciate the positive comments on here, and I'm very happy with my choice of who I ascended.

https://youtu.be/-wu3JvPyk_M?si=NT3aQpZauQX3DRcL

Very nice.
    If you do decide to use recoils with him, making him a Herald helps mitigate the damage. For me, that combination makes him feel pretty perfect.

Add recoils, make him a herald and give him the Odin pre-fights, he's a very fun incursions champion.

Congrats again, great choice. Glad you're enjoying him
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,294 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Lmao
  • Options
    SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 574 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    It's your account, You can do with it what You want, congrats for that ascension.
  • Options

Emac1414 said:

UPDATE:

getting better with him, just did a sub 50 hits and about 1:07 seconds (time fight started and ended in the video) rol against Captain marvel. Was able to do a bit of burst damage during her special, and it's a big difference doing so. Again I appreciate the positive comments on here, and I'm very happy with my choice of who I ascended.

https://youtu.be/-wu3JvPyk_M?si=NT3aQpZauQX3DRcL

Very nice.
    If you do decide to use recoils with him, making him a Herald helps mitigate the damage. For me, that combination makes him feel pretty perfect.

Add recoils, make him a herald and give him the Odin pre-fights, he's a very fun incursions champion.

Congrats again, great choice. Glad you're enjoying him
    Oh ok thank you for the tips, funny thing is I've never used recoil mastery setup since I played this game since 2017. I'm going to check on how that setup works. Def add the galan herald and Odin pre fights and see how that works. Thank you again for the extra tips
  • Options
    ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 653 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    edited September 2023
    Great choice dude, be original and ascend the champs you want, Everyone is ascending herc but does he really need the 22% boost? Have fun with Gladiator and enjoy the flex of having the newest champ at his peak power
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,056 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    I'd wish Hyperion could chain heavy like that. Buff Hyperion!
  • Options

Great choice dude, be original and ascend the champs you want, Everyone is ascending herc but does he really need the 22% boost? Have fun with Gladiator and enjoy the flex of having the newest champ at his peak power

I appreciate it family, yeah I love herc and was thinking the same thing he def imo doesn't need the boost. Thank you for the words fam
  • Options
    Aleor said:

I'd wish Hyperion could chain heavy like that. Buff Hyperion!

I know right I think that would be a nice thing to add to his kit for sure
  • Options
    2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 855 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    My unawakened r3 kills WS much faster and easier than your r5. Use Specials / heavy during unblockable and manage your power to basically be unstoppable nearly most of fight. Pop sp3 to increase confidence.

I didn't even watch the ascend portion of video because sub-optimal play.
  • Options
    2StarKing said:

My unawakened r3 kills WS much faster and easier than your r5. Use Specials / heavy during unblockable and manage your power to basically be unstoppable nearly most of fight. Pop sp3 to increase confidence.

Yeah I've gotten better with him now, that video was me just getting him ranked 5 and Ascended him prob played him at that time a few times. Do you use suicides? How much faster was it?
  • Options
    2StarKing said:

Do you also have a video showing the much faster time and gameplay def would help out as well? I'm not a expert with him at all, but your stating sub play meaning your a lot better then I am I'd def like to see a video if you can make one. Or at least the time and hits you took, and if you use suicides or recoil.